2010 Fusion Order Status -- Updates

ackbar

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freestyle falls under the SUV (Van) rules. 50 front 20 rear.

(we should get the hybrids together sometime, there can't be more than a handful in the state)

Well, I live in the supposed Hybrid hotbed (San Francisco Bay Area), and I still haven't seen another one on the road, yet. (The dealership that I bought it from has another one, but hasn't sold it yet. I think they might be holding onto it as a demo car.)

https://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/statutes/?id=169.71

Crappy read but it is the actual law. It defines the vehicles at the bottom.

Well, there it is, thanks for the link. I was thinking the Freestyle might fall into a different vehicle category. I won't tint the windows if 20% is the max. It would provide some reduction of sunlight, but not enough to justify the expense. I wanted the rears dark so it was harder to see what might be in my back seat like packages or my clubs. Money saved I guess.

Well, there it is, thanks for the link. I was thinking the Freestyle might fall into a different vehicle category. I won't tint the windows if 20% is the max. It would provide some reduction of sunlight, but not enough to justify the expense. I wanted the rears dark so it was harder to see what might be in my back seat like packages or my clubs. Money saved I guess.

Yeah, I've got 20% on all the windows save for the windshield. It's not legal on the front windows here in FL. We'll see. My roommate has 15% on all of his windows and has gotten pulled over for speeding, but has not gotten his tint pulled so far.

The installer for mine (Star Auto in Houston) placed a small sticker on the bottom right driver-side window indicating compliance with TX state regulation. I would think any reputable installer would only install legal tinting but it probably doesn't hurt to ask.

Also, the 3M Black Chrome series is more expensive than I expected, but the superior heat reflecting benefits sold because of where I live. I think all the 3M films have lifetime warrantees against turning purple or peeling, etc.

We found out the reason some are body color and some are chrome. The Sport with the 402A package (which includes backup camera) are using the same housing as the SEL with backup camera. All SEL's have the chrome housing.

Interesting. Makes me glad I chose not to get the backup camera and all the other stuff that goes with it. I didn't really need all that stuff--kind of makes the driver not so important when the car does it all for you. Kind of funny to finally get a car with a shiftable automatic and then put equipment on it to make you less of a driver and more of a slave to technology. Sorry, it's my pet peeve.

The one thing that really gripes me is that this is the first Ford I've owned in the longest time without the keypad on the door. Same with automatic headlights. It's really sad to pay upwards of $30K for a car and have to spend another $3,000 to get features that they offer on $22K cars as standard equipment. Another pet peeve.

Regardless, it's a wonderful car. Twice the car my Acura TSX was (in quality too), twice the runner my 98 Taurus SHO was, and the quality of interior and exterior components are far superior to my wife's Camry. Ford has a winner here.

Edited by insman1

Hey, does anybody on here know about a stop build order on fusions? I ordered a fusion sport AWD about a month ago and my dealer just called and told me that he had no idea when my car would come in, and that there was a stop build order on the fusion. Just wondering if anybody else had heard the same thing.

Hey, does anybody on here know about a stop build order on fusions? I ordered a fusion sport AWD about a month ago and my dealer just called and told me that he had no idea when my car would come in, and that there was a stop build order on the fusion. Just wondering if anybody else had heard the same thing.

Interesting, I have not heard of this... Mine was scheduled to be built this, week and I had plans on eMailing my dealer to find out an update...

Did you're Fusion has a schedule build date assigned prior to hearing this?

The only thought that I had is since the Sync 3.0 For 2010 models is due to come out next week, I am wondering if they are putting a hold on builds until they can update thier manufacturing plant with this code change... As if they stated it was to be released, but the factory does not have the code to program the units yet ford may want to hold of.

If that is the case, I would think that the hold wouldn't be long... However, the STOP value is a bit more excessive and can only wonder..

I will update this thread again once I hear back from my dealer on my Fusion status tomorrow... Maybe others by then will have additional insight.

However I do feel for your pain... I'ts been a struggle for me... As I have been waiting 6 weeks to this point to get a build date! Best of luck to us all, as I know we all want to get in and drive around in our new little wheels!

Many of the plants shut down for a week or two periodically. I wonder if that could be it.

Interesting, I have not heard of this... Mine was scheduled to be built this, week and I had plans on eMailing my dealer to find out an update...

Did you're Fusion has a schedule build date assigned prior to hearing this?

The only thought that I had is since the Sync 3.0 For 2010 models is due to come out next week, I am wondering if they are putting a hold on builds until they can update thier manufacturing plant with this code change... As if they stated it was to be released, but the factory does not have the code to program the units yet ford may want to hold of.

If that is the case, I would think that the hold wouldn't be long... However, the STOP value is a bit more excessive and can only wonder..

I will update this thread again once I hear back from my dealer on my Fusion status tomorrow... Maybe others by then will have additional insight.

However I do feel for your pain... I'ts been a struggle for me... As I have been waiting 6 weeks to this point to get a build date! Best of luck to us all, as I know we all want to get in and drive around in our new little wheels!

No, I don't have a build date yet. I had contacted the dealer today asking about my build date and when he called me back is when he told me about the stop build. You could be right though about the Sync update. The dealer said it could be just about anything.... I guess if it took you six weeks to get a build date maybe I am just being impatient.

It's a done deal... after letting my dealer show the fusion hybrid over the Memorial Day weekend, it's mine... X plan price, decent trade in for my 07 Milan... and my Ice blue metallic fusion hybrid comes for a very loooonnng time... and being I ordered and have the paperwork for pre 3/31/09, the tax credit with the sales tax credit will help...

No, I don't have a build date yet. I had contacted the dealer today asking about my build date and when he called me back is when he told me about the stop build. You could be right though about the Sync update. The dealer said it could be just about anything.... I guess if it took you six weeks to get a build date maybe I am just being impatient.

Oh trust me ... I've had to be very patinet and it's an office little joke... I have a sign up with the week count... as I'm just coming out of week 6... Saturday turns me to week 7 and hoping to know its built and just awaiting shipment up north...

If you haven't been waiting that long, I think you're probably getting closer, but others have stated that it has taken just about the full 8 weeks to recieve thier wonders (and that was with ordering in March)... I ordered in April (4/11 to be precise)... So all that I can say is be patient and have a little fun like I did with the order...

To be a less of a nuscience I eMail my dealer evey 2 weeks for an update... week 2 I had the VIN, Week 4 I knew it's build week, week 6 shall tell me something I hope to really hear!

My order went in on 3/2, Ford verified the order on 3/4, I got my VIN around 3/20 and my car was delivered to the dealer on 5/12. That's about ten and a half weeks. It was a unbearable wait, but well worth it. I guess that's easy for me to say now I have mine.

Well, I live in the supposed Hybrid hotbed (San Francisco Bay Area), and I still haven't seen another one on the road, yet. (The dealership that I bought it from has another one, but hasn't sold it yet. I think they might be holding onto it as a demo car.)

Well I know the Ford Store in Morgan Hill has delivered 5 to 6 FFH in the past couple of weeks. When I picked mine up on May 14 there was another light ice blue 500A being readied for delivery. I thought it was mine at first until I saw my 501a with moon roof right next to it. The dealer said they had delivered one earlier in the day. So that was three delivered in one day. I think I have seen one FFH on the road in the past few weeks. It was definitely a 2010 Fusion, but I can't swear to it being a hybrid.

Well I know the Ford Store in Morgan Hill has delivered 5 to 6 FFH in the past couple of weeks. When I picked mine up on May 14 there was another light ice blue 500A being readied for delivery. I thought it was mine at first until I saw my 501a with moon roof right next to it. The dealer said they had delivered one earlier in the day. So that was three delivered in one day. I think I have seen one FFH on the road in the past few weeks. It was definitely a 2010 Fusion, but I can't swear to it being a hybrid.

Since I last wrote, the one in the dealer inventory in the dealer I got to (Frontier Ford in Santa Clara) is gone, replaced by two more of different configurations and colors, so obviously they sold the one that was in inventory. Still haven't seen one on the road, though. (And I'll say nice choice on the color -- I love mine with the same color. ;))

Sundedo, any words on your fusion's status? It was supposed to be built this week right?

I'm still trying to find out when mine's going to come in to my dealer in massahcusetts... The informed me last friday that it was produced but ford had no ETA or delivery date filled in for my vehicle... I still haven't heard from them at all this week... Knowing it's built I think has more anxiety to it then actually waiting to find out when they are going to build it...

I want to drive my new wheels sooooo bad!!!! :)

Sundedo, any words on your fusion's status? It was supposed to be built this week right?

I'm still trying to find out when mine's going to come in to my dealer in massahcusetts... The informed me last friday that it was produced but ford had no ETA or delivery date filled in for my vehicle... I still haven't heard from them at all this week... Knowing it's built I think has more anxiety to it then actually waiting to find out when they are going to build it...

I want to drive my new wheels sooooo bad!!!! :)

Nothing yet. I may give the dealer a call this weekend if I have time. Depends on how busy we are with the other new addition to our household ;)

The last order took about 10 days from the time it was finally put on a train till it got to me. They don't put it on the train right off the line. Mine was held for awhile for a quality check.

Soon though!!! :happy feet:

Nothing yet. I may give the dealer a call this weekend if I have time. Depends on how busy we are with the other new addition to our household ;)

The last order took about 10 days from the time it was finally put on a train till it got to me. They don't put it on the train right off the line. Mine was held for awhile for a quality check.

Soon though!!! :happy feet:

Well we do need you to enjoy your new addition first of all... :) I just wanted to see if you had heard anything else regarding your order.... Again I'm still hoping for news early from my dealer regarding my fusion order but do believe it is still held up for QC as you mention above.

Thanks for the update... And have some enjoyable moments with your newbie! :)

Well we do need you to enjoy your new addition first of all... :) I just wanted to see if you had heard anything else regarding your order.... Again I'm still hoping for news early from my dealer regarding my fusion order but do believe it is still held up for QC as you mention above.

Thanks for the update... And have some enjoyable moments with your newbie! :)

Thanks!!! :)

Hopefully you get your Fusion soon. I had a blast driving my wifes '08 this morning when I had to make a run to the house. Beautiful driving weather and an open highway = pure fun with a V6 Fusion. My 2010 should be even funner :shades:

I've just heard today from the dealership that the ETA of my car's arrival is tomorrow (Wednesday)! Wahoo... With hopes of having it in my driving hands by Friday if all goes well!

Excited and hope that no plans change! :happy feet:

I can now say, that since I did buy the new Fusion in my garage, driving is so much more fun... the sync system is fun... I did buy the hybrid, Ice blue Metallic... definitely is metallic.. have fun... ...

I've just heard today from the dealership that the ETA of my car's arrival is tomorrow (Wednesday)! Wahoo... With hopes of having it in my driving hands by Friday if all goes well!

Excited and hope that no plans change! :happy feet:

Sweet!!! You will of course have to post some pitures ;)

I actually heard from my dealer today and they're estimating June 11 for me.