WASTED MONEY!!!!

thegunslinger

This has got to be one of the most insane articles I have ever read. Has anyone seen the latest "Ford World" corporate rag ? There is an article on some sea turtle that FoMoCo/Phillipines has been instrumental in saving from the bloodthirsty poachers. In our "Land of Free" (and I use that term loosely), with all of us wondering where the butter for our last piece of bread will come from, I know that I, for one, will sleep better knowing this. TURTLES!!! How much $$$$$$$$$ did this cost? It is comforting to know that despite numerous plant closings, falling stock prices, and an unknown future for thousands of us and our families, that the turtles still have friends in the glass house. Brings a tear to my eye.

I wonder what they taste like on the grill with fava beans and a nice cianti? FFT FFT FFT FFT ( new movie... silence of the turtles)

This has got to be one of the most insane articles I have ever read. Has anyone seen the latest "Ford World" corporate rag ? There is an article on some sea turtle that FoMoCo/Phillipines has been instrumental in saving from the bloodthirsty poachers. In our "Land of Free" (and I use that term loosely), with all of us wondering where the butter for our last piece of bread will come from, I know that I, for one, will sleep better knowing this. TURTLES!!! How much $$$$$$$$$ did this cost? It is comforting to know that despite numerous plant closings, falling stock prices, and an unknown future for thousands of us and our families, that the turtles still have friends in the glass house. Brings a tear to my eye.

I wonder what they taste like on the grill with fava beans and a nice cianti? FFT FFT FFT FFT ( new movie... silence of the turtles)

easy Mark

Get on the radio and have Turtle bring some more HEGOs to the engine line

:hysterical:

easy Mark

Get on the radio and have Turtle bring some more HEGOs to the engine line

:hysterical:

Amen brother, and if he doesn't come through........ we will make one HELL of a stew out of him with free beer all around!

By the way... thegunslinger is not Mark

Amen brother, and if he doesn't come through........ we will make one HELL of a stew out of him with free beer all around!

By the way... thegunslinger is not Mark

well gunslinger, next time you see Mark say Hi

And give Turtle the rest of the night off

. .'cause I got my best man on it!

:bandance:

better tighten up

well gunslinger, next time you see Mark say Hi

And give Turtle the rest of the night off

. .'cause I got my best man on it!

:bandance:

better tighten up

Give him off hell, he is utility and only knows two jobs. He will work until his shell flakes off! Besides, that'll get him tender for the marinade. Turtle steaks anyone??

:hysterical::hysterical:

I forget the exact story, but Miller once gave 1 million dollars towards a good cause, and then spent 3 million advertising the fact they gave the million to the cause. Ford is just using this as advertising. If they really cared about turtles, they would help them without telling the media. Quit picking on turtles everyone, what did they do to you :P

I don't know how much they've wasted on the Turtle Fiasco but I bet it's not a drop in the bucket compared to what they've wasted on FPS................The stupidest cash cow this company ever came up with....... :angry:

Yeah, why would it make any sense to give the employees an opportunity to have an impact on the future of the company and it's cost restructuring? You say it's a cash cow, but the program it has been modeled after has been credited with the turnaround of several companies, Toyota included. It is the people that still have these "they can't do that attitude" that are causing progress in programs like FPS to be minimal. I would be curious to hear what your thoughts might be as to how to create a turnaround in this company before it ends up bankrupt? Where is it that you see all of this money spent on FPS? What is the cost in this program, the meetings? Please explain.

The program that FPS is modeled after is "TQM" Total Quality Managment. I think the guys name is Demming. And yes foriegn companies have been using this for years, at least since the American business world told him it would not work. The FPS concept is not being supported for one reason or other depending where your plant is, but, for it to work, it must be supported by all. As we all know, this is damn near impossible. Many people believe this is a sweeping move to replace supervision, create rats & rabbits, and eliminate the old upgrader system. In todays enviroment, the hardline attitude is not acceptable anymore. Unfortunatly, any of these new programs enacted to better the company require us to sacrifice first for benefits given last. I don't have a problem giving a little to get a little, but after a while it seems as though we have fell into a late night night get rich quick scam on tv.

I have a charitable group that the glass house can donate millions to.."FEED MY CHILDREN AFTER 2007" any amount that you can afford will be greatly appreciared...LOL...I will allow them to advertise in any magazine of their choosing.. How much do you think they will hand over..The cost for the boot they use to push me out the door..LOL :bandance:

The program that FPS is modeled after is "TQM" Total Quality Managment. I think the guys name is Demming. And yes foriegn companies have been using this for years, at least since the American business world told him it would not work. The FPS concept is not being supported for one reason or other depending where your plant is, but, for it to work, it must be supported by all. As we all know, this is damn near impossible. Many people believe this is a sweeping move to replace supervision, create rats & rabbits, and eliminate the old upgrader system. In todays enviroment, the hardline attitude is not acceptable anymore. Unfortunatly, any of these new programs enacted to better the company require us to sacrifice first for benefits given last. I don't have a problem giving a little to get a little, but after a while it seems as though we have fell into a late night night get rich quick scam on tv.

You are correct, it was Demming that created the TQM program and you are also correct that most American industry told him that this would be counter productive to their business. The Japaneese however, took these concepts and ran with them, tweeked them a little to meet their industry needs, and have been using these principles to effectively kick our asses ever since. I agree with you, it will fail if all or most do not get on board with the program, which is highly unlikely in a union environment. But to call the program a "cash cow", I fail to see this. Most are failing just as much due to the companies reluctance to spend money to implement effective solutions devised as a result of the work group efforts, as they are because of the non-participation of the workers. Either way, if we don't all get on the same page, there will be no Ford Motor Company in 10 years, then we all lose!

You are correct, it was Demming that created the TQM program and you are also correct that most American industry told him that this would be counter productive to their business. The Japaneese however, took these concepts and ran with them, tweeked them a little to meet their industry needs, and have been using these principles to effectively kick our asses ever since. I agree with you, it will fail if all or most do not get on board with the program, which is highly unlikely in a union environment. But to call the program a "cash cow", I fail to see this. Most are failing just as much due to the companies reluctance to spend money to implement effective solutions devised as a result of the work group efforts, as they are because of the non-participation of the workers. Either way, if we don't all get on the same page, there will be no Ford Motor Company in 10 years, then we all lose!

AMEN SLAPSHOT2, AMEN.

I am praticing for my next job here people, so bear with me....

Would you like a cart or a basket ma'am? Wal-Mart LOVES Amerikans! ( spelling correct! )

We at Atlanta had embraced FPS and were rated the highest in the Ford system, but

it didn't save us. FPS or it derivitives is the way of the future, lean in in and will be that way for a long time. It is the only way we have a chance to compete with the new wave of car manufacturers like Kia or that chinese car the *Chery* that will be hitting the shores in a couple of years. they can build a car so much cheaper especially with convict or gulag labor. The only chance we have to stay in business is to run lean as possible and eliminate waste.

Y'all have a good one