Bond holders tell GM "NO"

fordworker

Bond holders have told GM NO to the 70% reduction in debt. Like I said a while ago they are not taking 1 penny less then what the UAW takes for the VEBA. They want a 50% reduction but the govt loan says 70%. I dont see any way around it the union needs to take the $25 billion and be happy with that. They cant risk getting nothing. $21 bills out of $35 means by the union math the fund will last 50 years. RIGHT?

If $35 bills last 83 years then $ 21 will last ??? And dont expect the govt to give them whatever they want because there are alot of Democrats in outlining states who hate the big 3. There gonna have to give in like it or not.

Either way we all know that fund wasnt gonna last 83 years, and if you believed that then I got some beach front land to sell you in Alaska. :finger:

This aint no game here this is serious business going on here. And were all in this together.

Edited by fordworker

Bond holders have told GM NO to the 67% reduction in debt. Like I said a while ago they are not taking 1 penny less then what the UAW takes for the VEBA. They want a 50% reduction but the govt loan says 67%. I dont see any way around it the union needs to take the $25 billion and be happy with that. They cant risk getting nothing. $25 bills out of $35 means by the union math the fund will last 55 years. RIGHT?

If $35 bills last 83 years then $ 25 will last ??? And dont expect the govt to give them whatever they want because there are alot of Democrats in outlining states who hate the big 3. There gonna have to give in like it or not.

Either way we all know that fund wasnt gonna last 83 years, and if you believed that then I got some beach front land to sell you in Alaska. :finger:

This aint no game here this is serious business going on here. And were all in this together.

Man you're a freaking genius, what the F are you doing working at Ford? With a mind like yours you should be helping out with the bank bailouts. Keep up the good work and please keep us informed about other useless bits that of information that we can't control.

Man you're a freaking genius, what the F are you doing working at Ford? With a mind like yours you should be helping out with the bank bailouts. Keep up the good work and please keep us informed about other useless bits that of information that we can't control.

EVERYTHING on this board is OUT of our CONTROL. So EVERY post is an opinion nothing on here is fact.

Even your opinion is just that. Last time I checked the union workers do have a vote on who we elect and we should let the international know your opinion's. Then maybe they will do what in our interest for a change and not do what gives them better perks.

And ya this info is WORTHLESS afterall it only involves the lives of 1 million people on the Big 3's retiree insurance plan I guess that means nothing to you.

Bond holders have told GM NO to the 70% reduction in debt. Like I said a while ago they are not taking 1 penny less then what the UAW takes for the VEBA. They want a 50% reduction but the govt loan says 70%. I dont see any way around it the union needs to take the $25 billion and be happy with that. They cant risk getting nothing. $21 bills out of $35 means by the union math the fund will last 50 years. RIGHT?

If $35 bills last 83 years then $ 21 will last ??? And dont expect the govt to give them whatever they want because there are alot of Democrats in outlining states who hate the big 3. There gonna have to give in like it or not.

You haven't changed at all--except where are all of these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are an asshole. No reason to act like that. One of those little bitches that talks tough on the computer but a pussy when you're standing face to face with someone.

GM will enter bankruptcy. That's the only way these issues can be effectively dealt with. Someone's (bankruptcy judge) has got to force all these stakeholders to take a haircut.

If you're not at the table, your on the menu.

Why should the bond holders do anything Ron Gettlefinger and his vagina will give anything anyone wants because he is a pussy!

I don't always agree with every call Ron has made, but you have been on this site calling the man every dirty name you can think of. Let me ask you a question, are you involved in these negotiations to the point you know what is being said by both parties? I'm not looking to get into a argument with you, but unless you are directly involved in these negotiations, how can you make an educated decision on whether or not Ron is doing the right thing? Last question, what would you do if you were in Ron's place?

GM will enter bankruptcy. That's the only way these issues can be effectively dealt with. Someone's (bankruptcy judge) has got to force all these stakeholders to take a haircut.

If you're not at the table, your on the menu.

If GM goes bankrupt then the games over! for the UAW. There will be NO VEBA, No more 30 and out pension no more healthcare as we know it now for the ones left. And the company will layoff at least 33% of the workforce. And Ford will follow. Oh and I forgot you see what happened to american Axle and Delphi we will see our hourly rate cute at least 40%. And dont even think about buyouts at that point.

So you see we all have alot riding on this decision.

The bondholders are people who invested hard earned money into GM.They are not criminals.The date for a deal with GM and the UAW is March 31st.If I am forced to make concessions I would like to see upper management make concessions.More details on just what these concessions will be need to be disclosed.I am taking a moderate stance.If the concessions are reasonable and the burden is shared across the board then I would vote yes.I only get one vote.Just my opinion.Ford uses 'scare tactics' on its employees,hourly and salaried.They are assholes to work for.Ford knows it has the upper hand right now and that is why they treat employees like shit.So what do you suggest?A strike?Meantime we all have lives to live amid these economically hard times.We are not the only employess getting stepped on.It is happening across the entire nation.So what?A strike?No.Executives of failed financial institutions get paid billions in taxpayer dollars at the blessing of their corrupt politician friends and the taxpayers get thier lives destroyed.Realistically a strike is not an option so where are we?Vote no people?Give me the alternative?Say take the risk?Bankrupt Ford?Watch the low seniority get laid off?Watch us all get laid off?This is the United States of America.No money=no friends

Edited by Fatso

The bondholders are people who invested hard earned money into GM.They are not criminals.The date for a deal with GM and the UAW is March 31st.If I am forced to make concessions I would like to see upper management make concessions.More details on just what these concessions will be need to be disclosed.I am taking a moderate stance.If the concessions are reasonable and the burden is shared across the board then I would vote yes.I only get one vote.Just my opinion.Ford uses 'scare tactics' on its employees,hourly and salaried.They are assholes to work for.Ford knows it has the upper hand right now and that is why they treat employees like shit.So what do you suggest?A strike?Meantime we all have lives to live amid these economically hard times.We are not the only employess getting stepped on.It is happening across the entire nation.So what?A strike?No.Executives of failed financial institutions get paid billions in taxpayer dollars at the blessing of their corrupt politician friends and the taxpayers get thier lives destroyed.Realistically a strike is not an option so where are we?Vote no people?Give me the alternative?Say take the risk?Bankrupt Ford?Watch the low seniority get laid off?Watch us all get laid off?This is the United States of America.No money=no friends

great post.