UAW, Detroit 3 reach tentative deal

gary112

They have to fly coach, and aren't allowed to leave the ship with our treasure. It doesn't stop them from selling it off while their still here though, meanwhile they receive outrageous compensation for navigating an unprofitable corporation to oblivion!

Yeah, but what about Mark and Alan? :stirpot:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the free cars, maint. and insurance that the plant managers and higher get? I think this should be gone also! If these guys want a car and insurance they should have to buy it just like the rest of us. But I am going to do the Alan and tell everyone that "I think I'm good" with my current wages and benefits.

Until Ford goes to the govt for loans, I think we should all vote against any give backs.

What about the free cars, maint. and insurance that the plant managers and higher get? I think this should be gone also! If these guys want a car and insurance they should have to buy it just like the rest of us. But I am going to do the Alan and tell everyone that "I think I'm good" with my current wages and benefits.

Until Ford goes to the govt for loans, I think we should all vote against any give backs.

And what do we do if we aren't given the choice? Let me ask everyone, does anyone remember the last time a vote failed?

And what do we do if we aren't given the choice? Let me ask everyone, does anyone remember the last time a vote failed?

You can always go in front of the bankruptcy judge and see if he takes everything away all retires heath-care half your pensions/jobs/ you won't have to worry about sub pay you won't be getting any!!!!!!!!! Remember what happened to LTV they lost everything just cause they played hardball. Then you have US STEEL they gave up some perks they are still around. The workers at US STEEL prospered over the last 10 years.You guys all forget that company is losing 2 BILLION DOLLARS A MONTH! THE CASH THEY BORROWED WILL EVENTUALLY RUN OUT PROBABLY BY THE END OF THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have to fly coach, and aren't allowed to leave the ship with our treasure. It doesn't stop them from selling it off while their still here though, meanwhile they receive outrageous compensation for navigating an unprofitable corporation to oblivion!

You are absolutely right, Furious, I couldn't agree more.

Ok, what ever I have to give up so does gettelfinger and the rest downtown has to give up also (like that is going to happen). This is shit, we gave up in 07 and now you want us to give back again???? The american public don't like us and they think we make to much for the work we do and the UAW isn't doing a damn thing about it. I say fuck it, I'm willing to bite the bullet, let them all file bankruptcy redo the contact make us take a pay cut because I'm telling you we are not the only people that will be hurting. The public will get the message once spending stops and even more jobs are lost.

TAKE THE CHANCE STAND UP FOR YOURSELF BECAUSE THE UNION ISN'T. HOW LONG HAS SOMEONE BEEN TELLING YOU WHATS GOOD FOR YOU????

The mexicans can protest in the streets because of the price of tortillas but we can't stick together over this????

You will be retired one day and you want people like this to choose your fate??? You work 30 years and for what, so they can take it all away as a barging chip???

Don't get me wrong I'm UNION 100% second generation UAW but I'm not getting my monies worth here...and don't tell me if I don't like it to get out because thats a cop out.

Think about it, all the blood sweat and tears that went in to this union and the benefits we have gained over the years and for what just to give it all back. Good luck trying to get anyhing we gave up or supended back. And what about the retirees, its easy to cut there benefits because there not a thorn in the side of the UAW and there voices are limited.

This is all bullshit.... when is enough is enough??? :sos::sos::sos: :titanic:

Correct me if I'm wrong, Spring, but it seemed like a lot of the elections, both local and national, always seemed to hit those magic numbers- 51% in favor, 49% against, right? At least it seemed that way when there are issues that bring on lots of disagreements regarding contracts, etc, etc. To answer your question, I really don't remember the last time a vote failed, seriously. Maybe somewhere in the last century, maybe? I left on early retirement in 2007, and don't think for a minute that those of us that are no longer active employees aren't concerned about what is taking place---WE ARE! I can't believe that everything that we have fought so hard for, over the years for the benefit of all, is at the point where it is being flushed down the shitter like a worthless pile of turds. And once that happens, IF it happens, we'll never get it back. Just my thoughts and of course, my rant. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Edited by NoMoVisteon

Correct me if I'm wrong, Spring, but it seemed like a lot of the elections, both local and national, always seemed to hit those magic numbers- 51% in favor, 49% against, right? At least it seemed that way when there are issues that bring on lots of disagreements regarding contracts, etc, etc. To answer your question, I really don't remember the last time a vote failed, seriously. Maybe somewhere in the last century, maybe? I left on early retirement in 2007, and don't think for a minute that those of us that are no longer active employees aren't concerned about what is taking place---WE ARE! I can't believe that everything that we have fought so hard for, over the years for the benefit of all, is at the point where it is being flushed down the shitter like a worthless pile of turds. And once that happens, IF it happens, we'll never get it back. Just my thoughts and of course, my rant. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

No! You are absolutely correct! Everything that was fought for by those who came before us will have all been for nothing! We need to start standing up for ourselves and each other. And as for the IUAW "sacrificing" and feeling the pain equally with us - BULLSHIT! They should make ALL the details of THEIR contract public and let everyone see what they REALLY get! And you're right, these "ratification votes" have a curious way of passing by just enough of a margin to make the IUAW happy. We need to start thinking about getting a class action lawyer and see about starting a dues strike whereby our dues are held in escrow until our demands upon our own International Union are answered.

You dumb fucks will ratify anything.BEND OVER.

Alright, Numbnuts, if you were over here and a UAW member, just what would you REALLY do? Nothing personal, but you know what I mean. This whole economic crisis as a whole has got everyone tied into knots along with giving some ulcers. It's like nothing in our lives that we've ever seen or had to deal with when it comes to economic issues. We aren't happy about it on this side of the border either!! It's fuckin' maddening as hell, and I'm being nice about it. Again, no offense to those brothers and sisters in Canada intended. Without question, it affects you just as much as it does us, irregardless of what the leadership of the CAW in Canada thinks, or our IUAW, for that matter.

No! You are absolutely correct! Everything that was fought for by those who came before us will have all been for nothing! We need to start standing up for ourselves and each other. And as for the IUAW "sacrificing" and feeling the pain equally with us - BULLSHIT! They should make ALL the details of THEIR contract public and let everyone see what they REALLY get! And you're right, these "ratification votes" have a curious way of passing by just enough of a margin to make the IUAW happy. We need to start thinking about getting a class action lawyer and see about starting a dues strike whereby our dues are held in escrow until our demands upon our own International Union are answered.

WoW i've been around and thats the best idea i've heard in 30 years i am 3 gen and know we need a union but we need one that works for the people.Sign me up i'am in.

Alright, Numbnuts, if you were over here and a UAW member, just what would you REALLY do? Nothing personal, but you know what I mean. This whole economic crisis as a whole has got everyone tied into knots along with giving some ulcers. It's like nothing in our lives that we've ever seen or had to deal with when it comes to economic issues. We aren't happy about it on this side of the border either!! It's fuckin' maddening as hell, and I'm being nice about it. Again, no offense to those brothers and sisters in Canada intended. Without question, it affects you just as much as it does us, irregardless of what the leadership of the CAW in Canada thinks, or our IUAW, for that matter.

No offence taken-especially since you replied so courteously.That was a pretty ignorant comment and it is a shame that the df happens to use a Canadian sign beside his name. I guess you can dress up a pig,but it'll still be a pig.

Good luck on all of this-we are watching all of this from north of the 49th parallel knowing that we will be facing the same thing within about a month's time.

No offence taken-especially since you replied so courteously.That was a pretty ignorant comment and it is a shame that the df happens to use a Canadian sign beside his name. I guess you can dress up a pig,but it'll still be a pig.

Good luck on all of this-we are watching all of this from north of the 49th parallel knowing that we will be facing the same thing within about a month's time.

We are ALL in this together! Remember, an injury to one is an injury to all!

All I see is the concessions that the blue collar workers are asked to take AGAIN. What about Alan and the next 4 exec's? Combined these 5 guys made close to $50 million last year, but we havent seen them accept any pay or benefit cuts. What about the board of directors accepting pay cuts, the elite of this company are pushing for the working class to take cuts while they are awash with more money in a year than me and my brothers and sisters will make in our lifetime. I think our union needs to step up and lobby the govt to put leans on all of the big threes assets outside of the US so these companies cant go bankrupt and shuck there responsibilities to the retirees and workers like Delphi. Another suggestion to our International union. Lobby the govt for medical protection for retirees. The UAW was the driving force behind the PBGC which mandated that companies that provide pensions had to pay in to the govt to insure workers would get at least a portion of the pension that they worked for if the company went bankrupt. Our govt should pass a law mandating the same for medical coverage but it is going to take a force like the UAW to get the ball rolling. The UAW was the leader in the labor movement in getting medical coverage for blue collar workers. Workers accepted less in pay raises or no pay raises in lieu of medical coverage. Instead of the company using profits to insure coverage for its workers, they have been wasting it overseas and in Mexico. The UAW decides to help these companies and negotiate the VEBA to take these liabilities off the big 3's books. Although the dirty lie is the UAW accepted a fraction of the equity needed to cover the future liabilities and this equity would not be paid in only cash but stock and other equity instruments (basically IOU's). Now the union is being asked to take half of the agreed amount and for it to be paid in the form of stock. I am 100% union but as I have stated on bon before, I do not see our IUAW as being a progressive forward thinking union and it is hurting its members. We have some very bright union members throughout the country but if they are not given a chance to be heard how do we know all options are being discussed?

Try a week ;)

I think our union needs to step up and lobby the govt to put leans on all of the big threes assets outside of the US so these companies cant go bankrupt and shuck there responsibilities to the retirees and workers like Delphi.

This has got to be the most intelligent solution in securing good faith bargaining. Take away their leverage and they will find a happy median.

You want government money, then you must mortgage all assets abroad. If you are not taking government money, but expect parity in concessions from the UAW, you must re assume medical coverage liability, or mortgage your global assets to fund it as you have already agreed to!

The UAW is all ready being pliable, now it is time for the execs to be realistic and realize they make too much money!!!!!!

Okay, what we've been told all along is that the JSP (at least for Ford) has been SUSPENDED not ELIMINATED. Has this changed officially? If so, that is a major concession. Now I'm aware that per language in the National Agreement, the company has the right to go to alternate work schedules, etc. What else can they just change on a whim? What changes would we be able to actually vote on (yes, I'm being idealistic and pretending for a moment that our votes actually mean something, humor me, please)? How do we get a hold of this "new" language for ourselves? I'm not talking about the recent National Agreement that was recently passed out but this new National Agreement that it appears that we are getting. How long will these agreements be in effect? When will the company appeal to the UAW to re-open this agreement? Any ideas? These are things we'd like to know! Does the four year period start all over again from this agreement or does the old date stand? We want to see some black and white language! Yes, I'm being facetious but these are legitimate questions. Will be given the addendums to the National Agreement?

You can always go in front of the bankruptcy judge and see if he takes everything away all retires heath-care half your pensions/jobs/ you won't have to worry about sub pay you won't be getting any!!!!!!!!! Remember what happened to LTV they lost everything just cause they played hardball. Then you have US STEEL they gave up some perks they are still around. The workers at US STEEL prospered over the last 10 years.You guys all forget that company is losing 2 BILLION DOLLARS A MONTH! THE CASH THEY BORROWED WILL EVENTUALLY RUN OUT PROBABLY BY THE END OF THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know who this guy is, but he's right. This company is pretty much finished, do the math. I encourage everybody to get "plan B" in order. I'll take the 39 and 39 at 1/2 and thank my lucky stars. Good Luck to us all in our new endeavors, it's been a good ride, no regrets