Ford Argo

Reigner92

Ford needs a car that really shows its improving. The new Taurus, Fusion, Mustang and Transit all do that. However, Ford needs one car packed with all their new technologies and new features, to show the consumers who ford really is. I propose a small car built on the Miata platform. This car would have ecoboost, newest sync, and every feature Ford can shove into it. This car must not only be tech savvy but it must be very affordable. I propose a standard model, a hybrid model, and a GT model, and possibly a diesel model and maybe even a diesel hybrid model as the models. Comments?

post-33357-1235196943_thumb.jpg

post-33357-1235196972_thumb.jpg

Ford needs a car that really shows its improving. The new Taurus, Fusion, Mustang and Transit all do that. However, Ford needs one car packed with all their new technologies and new features, to show the consumers who ford really is. I propose a small car built on the Miata platform. This car would have ecoboost, newest sync, and every feature Ford can shove into it. This car must not only be tech savvy but it must be very affordable. I propose a standard model, a hybrid model, and a GT model, and possibly a diesel model and maybe even a diesel hybrid model as the models. Comments?

I like that, although with that market as small as it is, I'm not sure if Ford should jump into it now. Perhaps in the future when things are better Ford could explore a vehicle of this size. As much as I'd love to see another sports car from Ford (aside from Mustang and it's variants), I think there's better places to spend the money right now (i.e. the core vehicles of the lineup).

I do see what you're going for though.....essentially a show-off vehicle that says, hey look what Ford can do....not all that dissimilar to what the GT represented back in '03......that car is AMAZING!!!....I drool thinking about it, one of the best looking cars ever made, IMO.

I hope you understand where I'm coming from in saying what I did.

I like that, although with that market as small as it is, I'm not sure if Ford should jump into it now. Perhaps in the future when things are better Ford could explore a vehicle of this size. As much as I'd love to see another sports car from Ford (aside from Mustang and it's variants), I think there's better places to spend the money right now (i.e. the core vehicles of the lineup).

I do see what you're going for though.....essentially a show-off vehicle that says, hey look what Ford can do....not all that dissimilar to what the GT represented back in '03......that car is AMAZING!!!....I drool thinking about it, one of the best looking cars ever made, IMO.

I hope you understand where I'm coming from in saying what I did.

I completely understand, I was just thinking a show off car would bring more attention to Ford in general, and get all consumers to look at Ford for great new products.

A product like this would be the cause of positive remarks, reviews, etc. and Ford really needs that kind of publicity. Lets hope the Stang, Taurus, Fusion, and Transit can provide those positive remarks for Ford.

Edited by Reigner92

As a former (boo hoo) Miata owner, I can say it's a bad idea. And I'm not trying to be critical, but you have to understand what makes a Miata a Miata.

It's (at least in the initial iteration, and the base models of today) a light, simple, honest sports car. It's essentially a street-legal go-cart, or a four-wheeled motorcycle, and that is (imo) all it should ever be.

I would take your idea and apply it to a Focus/Fiesta, resulting in a Cabrio/Eos competitor. I remember someone posted a Focus/Fiesta convertible awhile back, that I thought was well done.

I admit it didn't work so well with the former Capri, but that may have been as much about product execution than idea.

As a former (boo hoo) Miata owner, I can say it's a bad idea. And I'm not trying to be critical, but you have to understand what makes a Miata a Miata.

It's (at least in the initial iteration, and the base models of today) a light, simple, honest sports car. It's essentially a street-legal go-cart, or a four-wheeled motorcycle, and that is (imo) all it should ever be.

I would take your idea and apply it to a Focus/Fiesta, resulting in a Cabrio/Eos competitor. I remember someone posted a Focus/Fiesta convertible awhile back, that I thought was well done.

I admit it didn't work so well with the former Capri, but that may have been as much about product execution than idea.

Have you driven a new Miata? Yeah they aren't like that anymore... Not at all. I do agree with you that a Focus could work, but this is the small car craze. A "Ford Argo" that you could have the option of getting great mileage in one model, great performace in another, and both in another would hit small car competition hard and give ford some good publicity.

Have you driven a new Miata? Yeah they aren't like that anymore... Not at all. I do agree with you that a Focus could work, but this is the small car craze. A "Ford Argo" that you could have the option of getting great mileage in one model, great performace in another, and both in another would hit small car competition hard and give ford some good publicity.

No, I admit I haven't driven the current model Miata. If they have lost something, then that's too bad. Maybe its just a falling star destined to burn brightly for short period of time.

Who knows? Maybe you're idea could work. I guess it depends on the execution. It seems to me that price would be an important consideration, especially to prevent competing (in price) with the coming Z2 or even a Mustang.