Too bad P71 isn't around to see this

What an amazing work... I mean it really does look OEM original, as if fins and rocket lights were the current fads of today. The integration and craftsmanship is just astounding. The only thing I don't like is the extreme vondutch striping (I mean, it looks way too much like a tuft of personal fur) but then I can appreciate the sentiment behind it so it gets a pass.

I am curious as to how the car was really reshapen. If you look at the slideshow pic of the motor with the hood up, look very closely at the inner top fender seam: Toward the front of the car the seam splits and it hollows out, and it appears the original Grand Marquis fender contour/profile continues while the custom fender was grafted on top (fitting the profile of the hood). I wonder how much of the original "skin" is under the new, and how heavy that beast is.

Still, what an awesome piece of work. Jay Leno should commission this guy.

Edited by goingincirclez

Thanks for posting that link. Looks like I was right - the GM skin is largely intact underneath. The pic of the open trunk makes the whole thing a bit more absurd than I had hoped for... but the vision and craftsmanship is still great.

That made me laugh. There is a huge space between the DeSoto deck lid and the Merc. I'll bet he had to beef up the springs to hold all that extra weight. The rest of his art is pretty cool too.