Local 249

daddydave1970

Well, the frustration has set in. Last night when I asked my committeman how many signed up, his reply was "I don't know". When I asked him a couple of other questions, same response. I felt like asking him "Did your parents have any children that lived?" Probably would have gotten the same response.

OK, enough of the venting, all you Slappers should know some concrete information in June sometime. Our sign up ends May 31. Anyhow, I did find out some juicy info for all the KC people. The company has told the union that we are approximately 350 people over on rolls. That is double what I had thought before. When my committeman told me 350 over and 50 flowbacks from visteon as well as the 400 from St Louis, I felt like I needed a second opinion, so I asked another committeman, and I got the same response.

By the way, I can confirm that they are going to fill all the holes left by packages with the non promotional, and then all of the transferrees get what is left. :banmolest:

I think that banmolest is some funny shit!!

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:banmolest:

Well, the frustration has set in. Last night when I asked my committeman how many signed up, his reply was "I don't know". When I asked him a couple of other questions, same response. I felt like asking him "Did your parents have any children that lived?" Probably would have gotten the same response.

OK, enough of the venting, all you Slappers should know some concrete information in June sometime. Our sign up ends May 31. Anyhow, I did find out some juicy info for all the KC people. The company has told the union that we are approximately 350 people over on rolls. That is double what I had thought before. When my committeman told me 350 over and 50 flowbacks from visteon as well as the 400 from St Louis, I felt like I needed a second opinion, so I asked another committeman, and I got the same response.

By the way, I can confirm that they are going to fill all the holes left by packages with the non promotional, and then all of the transferrees get what is left. :banmolest:

:banmolest: Ride that horsey YEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

can you explain the flow back from visteon? will they be placed before the st.louis ford workers?

I'll be signing up tomorrow and going to the meeting with the Detroit folks to see what they have to say. I asked my committeeman if Id make it with my seniority and he said I should(Jan 94) and I asked how many, he said he didn't know but heard 550-600..................... :blah: I'm so ready, lol.............

can you explain the flow back from visteon? will they be placed before the st.louis ford workers?

We have a visteon plant here in KC. Some of those people are still Ford employees even though the companies split. Now they are trying to get the people who are Ford employees into the assembly plant. That is all I have heard, I am not too sure on the details of how this works. Not to worry, I am pretty sure enough people will sign up to get all of you here.

We have a visteon plant here in KC. Some of those people are still Ford employees even though the companies split. Now they are trying to get the people who are Ford employees into the assembly plant. That is all I have heard, I am not too sure on the details of how this works. Not to worry, I am pretty sure enough people will sign up to get all of you here.

unless you are skilled trades- are any of thoes flow back skilled trades? i here that some of them are.

Hey - I've been reading these boards a long time but never posted. I have a neighbor that works at the KC plant and was talking about the retirement packages. I see from KCDave that the plant's overstaffed by 350, plus the 50 flowback and the 400 St. Louis people. Then kcfrdwkr said he heard that 550-600 packages will be offered? So - if that's true, does that leave 200-250 people from KC without a job, or 200-250 St. Louis workers that can't transfer? Does Ford always work like this? I love Ford products (I own a freestyle - don't know why more people don't like them!); I guess I just don't get the lack of communication. Good luck to everyone that has to make a decision - I feel for you all and wouldn't want to be in your shoes.

Hey - I've been reading these boards a long time but never posted. I have a neighbor that works at the KC plant and was talking about the retirement packages. I see from KCDave that the plant's overstaffed by 350, plus the 50 flowback and the 400 St. Louis people. Then kcfrdwkr said he heard that 550-600 packages will be offered? So - if that's true, does that leave 200-250 people from KC without a job, or 200-250 St. Louis workers that can't transfer? Does Ford always work like this? I love Ford products (I own a freestyle - don't know why more people don't like them!); I guess I just don't get the lack of communication. Good luck to everyone that has to make a decision - I feel for you all and wouldn't want to be in your shoes.

There are alot of factors involved, at least that is what I assume. You are 100% correct, the numbers don't jive, but I am sure the union is trying to keep the "overstaffed" number as low as possible. While I understand that they are trying to keep numbers of personnel up, if we go through all of this buyout process and are still over on numbers, there will be a layoff. I personally say, if the company wants to give out 800 packages, let them, if they run short every day on people, oh well. Just my two cents.

I signed up this afternoon :happy feet: :bandance:

I hear a train coming.

Thanks for the heads up on NARS. I got my application packet yesterday and an email three days ago explaining that with my education and experience it should be no problem getting pick up by one of the railroads as a locomotive maintainence electrician. :happy feet: :bandance:

Looks like I will be hanging out in the KC area for a month or so while I complete this training from August through September. Should finish about a month before heading into GEN pool. This way I can at least pick and choose from job offers and not have to jump on the first train that comes by. :lol:

My wife gets on me sometimes that I spend to much time here on BON. As I told her; "See this board does more then just let me vent" "It actually gave me some important information towards something I want to do rather then just taking something because I have to."

Thanks ksfrdwkr. Hope things work out for you as well. :bandance:

Edited by Captamrica

FYI

For those of you buying out. Get with your training rep and have them print out all your training records for every little class you have ever taken. These would include your hazmat, ECPL, saftey, PMHV, etc. Anything that the company required you to attend is kept on record somewhere. All this training can only help your resume look better. Hit your supervisors up for letters of recomendations. Everything can only help.

Me, I got my training records (6 pages) and along with it came a description of the subject matter covered in each training class. I jumped a little late on the letters, since most of the management people I knew had already bailed.

Start packing your parachute now. Just something to think about.

I hear a train coming.

Thanks for the heads up on NARS. I got my application packet yesterday and an email three days ago explaining that with my education and experience it should be no problem getting pick up by one of the railroads as a locomotive maintainence electrician. :happy feet: :bandance:

Looks like I will be hanging out in the KC area for a month or so while I complete this training from August through September. Should finish about a month before heading into GEN pool. This way I can at least pick and choose from job offers and not have to jump on the first train that comes by. :lol:

My wife gets on me sometimes that I spend to much time here on BON. As I told her; "See this board does more then just let me vent" "It actually gave me some important information towards something I want to do rather then just taking something because I have to."

Thanks ksfrdwkr. Hope things work out for you as well. :bandance:

Sweet deal, congrats, hope it works out for you. As for me I'm ready but just waiting to see if I make the buyout list and if so when my last day will be. If not I will finish my current ride on the 2008 launch team then take a stress medical leave of absence to take the 8 week NARS class then go back to work and wait for the call :bandance:

uh huh!

What sucks worse of all is signing up and not knowing if the packages are going to get down to you.

By the way, just curious, my kids want to go back to St Louis this shutdown, we went to the zoo, six flags, and the anheuser busch tour last time. Any other suggestions? We also ate at White Castle and daddy got indegestion, but the kids thought the little burgers were great. We will be staying in O Fallon with relatives, just wanted some decent family places to go for fun.

Thanks,

Dave

What sucks worse of all is signing up and not knowing if the packages are going to get down to you.

By the way, just curious, my kids want to go back to St Louis this shutdown, we went to the zoo, six flags, and the anheuser busch tour last time. Any other suggestions? We also ate at White Castle and daddy got indegestion, but the kids thought the little burgers were great. We will be staying in O Fallon with relatives, just wanted some decent family places to go for fun.

Thanks,

Dave

The Science Center is pretty cool, and it is FREE. Lots of stuff for kids to do there, Omni-max, lots of NASA things and it is good for all ages. My kids are 4 and 1 and they love the place. It is in Forest Park near the Zoo. Also, depending on the age of your children, Grants Farm is fun for the kids, and adults can get a free beer (owned and operated by Anheuser Busch). Admission is free but parking is about $5.00. You can always go up in the Arch, I thought it was cool when I was a kid. Not sure what it costs, but it also has a free museum underground at the base of the Arch. Let me know if you need more info. on any of these, I can ask my wife, she does most this stuff with the kids(back when I worked). Good luck with your trip.

Thanks,

Dave

Hey,the city mueseum is pretty cool.My kids went with their grandparents awhile back and loved it.Their is also the science center,raging rivers water park,Grant's Farm and of course the Arch!! Just a few ideas for ya. Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Dave

Cahokia Mounds is a cool place to learn about Indians, it's just on the other side of the Mississippi in Illinois, Bring your bikes and ride the Katy Trail, Old Town St. Charles is cool, (your wife will probably like it more so), Shaw Gardens, Jefferson Barracks Veterens Memorial, The Great River Road that starts in Alton Il is a very nice little road ride to Pere Marquette state Park and you can stop off in Grafton and get some ice cream and momma can do some more gift shop shopping.

No word yet, that I've heard of anyway. I did hear a rumor today that Ford is wanting to work 3 Saturdays in June and shutdown for all of July to ensure they get everything done. Alot of stuff going in to get ready for the 08 intergrated build and launch.

No word yet, that I've heard of anyway. I did hear a rumor today that Ford is wanting to work 3 Saturdays in June and shutdown for all of July to ensure they get everything done. Alot of stuff going in to get ready for the 08 intergrated build and launch.

I don't think the rumor of three Saturdays in June is true but thats why they call them rumors. July shutdown will be the first two weeks of July with production returning the 17th. Then I believed their is a Sat scheduled the 29th of July. I stopped by labor relations today and was told that 300+ have signed up so far with 21 of them being tradesman. Hope this helps.

The Science Center is pretty cool, and it is FREE. Lots of stuff for kids to do there, Omni-max, lots of NASA things and it is good for all ages. My kids are 4 and 1 and they love the place. It is in Forest Park near the Zoo. Also, depending on the age of your children, Grants Farm is fun for the kids, and adults can get a free beer (owned and operated by Anheuser Busch). Admission is free but parking is about $5.00. You can always go up in the Arch, I thought it was cool when I was a kid. Not sure what it costs, but it also has a free museum underground at the base of the Arch. Let me know if you need more info. on any of these, I can ask my wife, she does most this stuff with the kids(back when I worked). Good luck with your trip.

I am going to print this out and check out all of these places, especially "Grants Beer Farm". I sure did enjoy the Budweiser tour. I am getting thirsty just thinking about it. :happy feet: :happy feet:

Cahokia Mounds is a cool place to learn about Indians, it's just on the other side of the Mississippi in Illinois, Bring your bikes and ride the Katy Trail, Old Town St. Charles is cool, (your wife will probably like it more so), Shaw Gardens, Jefferson Barracks Veterens Memorial, The Great River Road that starts in Alton Il is a very nice little road ride to Pere Marquette state Park and you can stop off in Grafton and get some ice cream and momma can do some more gift shop shopping.

Once again, I totally appreciate the "Eastern Missouri Hospitality". I will check all these places out and try to plan a couple of days to go there.

Hey,the city mueseum is pretty cool.My kids went with their grandparents awhile back and loved it.Their is also the science center,raging rivers water park,Grant's Farm and of course the Arch!! Just a few ideas for ya. Hope it helps.

Every little bit helps, I just want to take the kids and the wife on an enjoyable vacation. Thanks for the info!!!

Thanks,

Dave

Hey you will be only about 9 miles from my house (difference from O'fallon exit and Wentzville exit), I,m only 2.5 miles off the Wentzville exit, before you hit the O'fallon one (although there are three for Ofallon depending ob which one you get off on.

Looks as though everyone has given you the highlites of the St. Louis are. The river road drive up through Grafton is a beautiful drive I used to run that a lot when I worked on the side with a buddy who did HVAC.

Give me a call when it gets closer of when you are in town and you can give me some tips on Bar-b-que. I don't think we have any plans for that time frame as of yet, I know we have a week long Scout Camp that we are going to but I do not know the dates right off the top of my head.