Local 249

daddydave1970

You are correct about people in Gen getting the orientation , the people from KCAP will be at Slap to do orentation for the skilled trades, and while there, why not do the gen pool people? Saves money and gets them out of the way. We still think that Ford will give the go-a-head for production to move after shut down. Rest knowing that our union is doing everything they can to make this happen, we have peoples lives hanging in the balance. We are a family and we are going to take care of our own. Hope this will be over soon and we can all complain about working too much. Take a deep breath and enjoy the calm before the storm. Our vacation will be over soon, I hope so I am tired of drinking Beer and haging at the pool. :rockon::rockon:

thanks for the cofidence dcass I hope you are right. I talked with the pres yesterday and he told to be paitient that everyone is knocking on every door to get this done asap man I would not want that job get me to kc now I am tired of getting drunk lol

never thought i say it i actully miss work good luck and god bless you all

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude I have a brain and I have stopped at the union hall and voiced my mind about deadbeats and ect. In fact Dude I was told today only 426 people are getting a buy-out. so what you state about ford wasting money does make sense and I agree with that theory. But, everyone has said that the union is worried about dues also. So before you go running off at the mouth I do voice my concerns in any matter.

Davekc your point about tpt makes real good sense I have asked why they don't do that. It is summer time and everyone no's when Oct. comes around everyone will be back to work. so we just have to wait and see. I was told today that only 426 is getting packages. By the Bc's them self....It sucks because I am right on the boarder of getting or not.... so I hope something works out for everyone to get one... :runaway:

I was told the same thing on the money part. From bargaining. that International is running out of money so they need as many people to stay so they can pay there rolls. Yet again another sign that the Union cares only about themselfs and there futures and not ours.

I was told the same thing on the money part. From bargaining. that International is running out of money so they need as many people to stay so they can pay there rolls. Yet again another sign that the Union cares only about themselfs and there futures and not ours.

well I wonder if the final list will be out? They all say by the end of the week... well tomorrow is dee day....

What do they need money for? The politicians dont need Uaw money anymore. Im not going on strike, IF the MTA workers of NeW YORK didnt win, a strike would be The WAY FORWARD TO MEXICO SOONER. This IS the Idea. I am willing to give the UAW some of the buyout money if it is increased. 2. IF U take ETAP BUYOUT u still have to pay dues untill school is finished. SOUNDS LIKE BARGAINING TO ME. CUT THAT CHECK. I :beerchug: :poke: :party2: please stop :banmolest:

News bulltin out on night shift... sounds like me everyone is going to get the buy-out...CUT ME THAT CHECK... :happy feet:

But then again nothing is set in stone yet..... go figure

News bulltin out on night shift... sounds like me everyone is going to get the buy-out...CUT ME THAT CHECK... :happy feet:

But then again nothing is set in stone yet..... go figure

That bulltin can be read a half a dozen ways. in my opinion. the real key for everyone to get it is the heyboys. if they get rid of them everyone is good. It amazed me that there is a full list out right now telling everyone where they are on it. I almost fainted.... I know from what i had seen some release dates where clear up to March of next year, and the commiteeman said the buyouts wont be done till earlynext year. That made me think that everyone is getting it.

This was posted on the Local 249 Website, just thought everyone should know.

http://www.local249.org/breaking_news.htm

Seems like the union wants to keep the membership informed, somewhat, anyhow I just thought some of the St. Louis folks might want to know, as well as the folks in KC who signed up for a buyout.

On and on the cycle goes. Hey Capt, I lost your phone number because I am an absent minded idiot. Pm me, we are planning to visit some relatives over shutdown in the Loo. I told my wife that I wanted to take the Anheuser Busch tour about 30 times and call it a vacation, but she disagreed. Women, can't live with em, can't kill em because of all the advances in criminal technology. Anyhow, was gonna stop by and say hi if that was ok with you.

This was posted on the Local 249 Website, just thought everyone should know.

http://www.local249.org/breaking_news.htm

Seems like the union wants to keep the membership informed, somewhat, anyhow I just thought some of the St. Louis folks might want to know, as well as the folks in KC who signed up for a buyout.

On and on the cycle goes. Hey Capt, I lost your phone number because I am an absent minded idiot. Pm me, we are planning to visit some relatives over shutdown in the Loo. I told my wife that I wanted to take the Anheuser Busch tour about 30 times and call it a vacation, but she disagreed. Women, can't live with em, can't kill em because of all the advances in criminal technology. Anyhow, was gonna stop by and say hi if that was ok with you.

Not a problem, check your PM's. Yes the advances suck I have an ex-wife and I should not have to say anymore.

:devil2:

I didn't see any additional lists put out. Talked to my committeeman and he said he has the list but they're not putting it out because he said from Sept on is still tenative, but he confirmed my leave date

Heard from a friend that things will fall into place this week with some news about getting on with our lifes and back to work. Hopefully the first group will arrive at Kcap the week of july.24,2006. Then every week after till we are all there. Our Vaction is almost over, and I am glad, ready to get back to work. Hope this news is true and we start getting phone calls and letters this week telling us when we are to report. Good luck to all my Slap brothers and sisters this night-mare is almost over. :rockon::rockon:

Heard from a friend that things will fall into place this week with some news about getting on with our lifes and back to work. Hopefully the first group will arrive at Kcap the week of july.24,2006. Then every week after till we are all there. Our Vaction is almost over, and I am glad, ready to get back to work. Hope this news is true and we start getting phone calls and letters this week telling us when we are to report. Good luck to all my Slap brothers and sisters this night-mare is almost over. :rockon::rockon:

Thanks d, I heard that also(probably the same red headed source LOL) wonder how many per week?

I heard 35 a week

By the numbers according to the Post Dipatch. No info on how many per week but it does give a start date for those leaving KCAP.

Ford relocates Hazelwood workers to Claycomo, Mo.

By Gregory Cancelada ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH

06/24/2006

Three months after shuttering its assembly plant in Hazelwood, Ford Motor Co. is preparing to relocate hundreds of area auto workers to its assembly plant in Claycomo, Mo.

The transfers will allow the Hazelwood workers to continue their careers at Ford and help the automaker reduce the cost of closing the facility, where about 1,300 people were laid off in March.

Ford has been able to trim its Hazelwood work force to approximately 700 people through a variety of retirement, education-assistance and lump-sum severance packages offered to workers represented by the United Auto Workers.

The number of UAW members eligible for the package totaled roughly 1,800, which includes those laid off earlier when Ford eliminated the second production shift last year, according to the union.

Ford says about 600 Hazelwood workers took retirement packages, while approximately 500 took either severance or education assistance packages.

That leaves about 700 local workers who are still part of Ford's work force, the UAW says. The existing UAW contract stipulates that laid-off workers return to Ford's payroll once they exhaust their unemployment benefits. This job-security language gives the automaker an incentive to find jobs for laid-off workers.

To free up positions for Hazelwood workers, Ford offered the same set of packages at Claycomo, a suburb of Kansas City. The Claycomo facility is huge, employing about 5,500 people to assemble the popular Ford Escape small sports utility vehicle and Ford F-150 pickups.

At Claycomo, 673 workers have signed up for retirement and separation packages.

"My people are happy to retire with a little extra money or go to school, and we're helping out St. Louis by giving them a place to have a pretty secure future," said UAW Local 249 President Jim Stoufer, who represents Claycomo workers.

About 400 Hazelwood workers already have signed up to transfer to the Claycomo plant, though Ford has approved only 347 transfers to Claycomo.

On July 1, Ford will begin the process of retiring or separating Claycomo workers who take a package. When that starts, Hazelwood workers will be quickly transferred to fill those positions.

Ford shut down the Hazelwood plant as part of a sweeping restructuring plan that the automaker says it must undertake if it is to become competitive.

The automaker plans to close Hazelwood and four other assembly plants by 2008, then two additional assembly plants by 2012.

Despite a productive work force, the Hazelwood plant became a vulnerable facility because it built the Explorer SUV, a model that has suffered because of high gasoline prices.

Shrinking Explorer sales forced Ford to eliminate a production shift at Hazelwood last year and eventually consolidate Explorer production at its SUV plant in Louisville, Ky.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/business/...40?OpenDocument

What's up bro? I heard the same thing this morning, let's do this thang!

What's up bro? I heard the same thing this morning, let's do this thang!

Went by the Hall to confirm, everyone at the Gen Center. Hoping to get a line to KennyD. In the morning, but heard that it is a go, from some other union people. Yeah, I am ready to get this party started. :rockon:

Went by the Hall to confirm, everyone at the Gen Center. Hoping to get a line to KennyD. In the morning, but heard that it is a go, from some other union people. Yeah, I am ready to get this party started. :rockon:

Moving this weekend to KC, MO.

Almost time to apply for the moving allowance. Guess since I already bought and will have moved that I could get all the money right away? Also, apparently we can apply for moving assistance through TRA. $1250 lump sum or you can submit receipts. I chose the lump sum since I'm moving myself. I just need to call the TRA rep when I have my report date and the paperwork will get submitted.

Moving this weekend to KC, MO.

Almost time to apply for the moving allowance. Guess since I already bought and will have moved that I could get all the money right away? Also, apparently we can apply for moving assistance through TRA. $1250 lump sum or you can submit receipts. I chose the lump sum since I'm moving myself. I just need to call the TRA rep when I have my report date and the paperwork will get submitted.

Let me know the name of your TRA rep. My rep said that we can't get moving allowances because we are being transferred by the same company that laid us off and that since Ford is giving us moving money to move that we are ineligible for the TRA relocation money. PM me if you would be so kind.

Let me know the name of your TRA rep. My rep said that we can't get moving allowances because we are being transferred by the same company that laid us off and that since Ford is giving us moving money to move that we are ineligible for the TRA relocation money. PM me if you would be so kind.

I must have heard wrong also, I too thought that since we are staying with Ford the TRA money was not available for us. If you find out different then post and let us all Know. I thought for sure they said" if you relocate for a different job, then you can get that moving allowance"," but not if you relocate with Ford". Thanks my brother Good luck! :rockon:

Edited by dcassity1961

Okay, with things looking up for all from St Louis that want to transfer to KC and the mood in this thread improving, I have a question of no importance. Are the majority of you that are coming MIZZOU fans? I'm guessing that there will be some Illini fans, but my hope is that come this fall that we can overwhelm the jayhawk fans with black and gold everywhere! We run about 50/50 here Missouri/Kansas.

Like I said, it is of no importance, just something I have been pondering.

Okay, with things looking up for all from St Louis that want to transfer to KC and the mood in this thread improving, I have a question of no importance. Are the majority of you that are coming MIZZOU fans? I'm guessing that there will be some Illini fans, but my hope is that come this fall that we can overwhelm the jayhawk fans with black and gold everywhere! We run about 50/50 here Missouri/Kansas.

Like I said, it is of no importance, just something I have been pondering.

I am a hard-core college basketball fan, I enjoy watching all three teams you mentioned. My wife and in-laws are only Illini fans, but maybe they will convert lol.

I must have heard wrong also, I too thought that since we are staying with Ford the TRA money was not available for us. If you find out different then post and let us all Know. I thought for sure they said" if you relocate for a different job, then you can get that moving allowance"," but not if you relocate with Ford". Thanks my brother Good luck! :rockon:

I was originally told we were entitled to the additional moving expense.

But after about 3 weeks it was confirmed that we only get one moving allowance and that is the $45000 over 3 years. You only get one or the other but not both. With this money you do NOT have to submit receipts, period. Spend the money how you like.

However, we are able to get a small portion of the first $10,000 in an advance to us (this was discussed in the big transfer meeting we all had to attend for further details about the possible KCAP transfer), I think we have to visit the union hall or personnel to receive the advance. If you choose not to get the advance you will get the $10,000 when you report to work in KC (minus taxes of course).

Hope that helps.

PS. I do believe we will be able to write off moving expenses at tax time, keep records. That will help offset the taxes we will have to pay on the money we get.

Edited by Zonk

I was originally told we were entitled to the additional moving expense.

But after about 3 weeks it was confirmed that we only get one moving allowance and that is the $45000 over 3 years. You only get one or the other but not both. With this money you do NOT have to submit receipts, period. Spend the money how you like.

However, we are able to get a small portion of the first $10,000 in an advance to us (this was discussed in the big transfer meeting we all had to attend for further details about the possible KCAP transfer), I think we have to visit the union hall or personnel to receive the advance. If you choose not to get the advance you will get the $10,000 when you report to work in KC (minus taxes of course).

Hope that helps.

PS. I do believe we will be able to write off moving expenses at tax time, keep records. That will help offset the taxes we will have to pay on the money we get.

We also get moving allowance from Ford ABOVE the $45000. The amount is based on your dependent status. If you are married, or have kids moving with you, you get more. Since our plant closed we also get an extra $1000 moving expenses. We must report to SLAP Labor relations when we recieve notice of our start date. An individual with moving dependents should recieve approx. $5100 total, above the $45,000 incentive. This was explained clearly at our transfer sign up meeting. You can also confirm it with anyone that took the incentive for CAP, Flatrock, or other locations offered with incentives. As far as TRA moving expenses, I am waiting to hear back from the TRA rep. He thought we would get it, but I have my doubts.

We also get moving allowance from Ford ABOVE the $45000. The amount is based on your dependent status. If you are married, or have kids moving with you, you get more. Since our plant closed we also get an extra $1000 moving expenses. We must report to SLAP Labor relations when we recieve notice of our start date. An individual with moving dependents should recieve approx. $5100 total, above the $45,000 incentive. This was explained clearly at our transfer sign up meeting. You can also confirm it with anyone that took the incentive for CAP, Flatrock, or other locations offered with incentives. As far as TRA moving expenses, I am waiting to hear back from the TRA rep. He thought we would get it, but I have my doubts.

COOL! Thanks for keeping us all informed. It's hard to get straight answers :shrug:

Dorothy Jones was the name of the lady I spoke to today. 636-278-1360 ext 223 is her number. I'm just going by what she told me today. It doesn't make sense to me that we'd get both but I'll take free money any day. I asked her straight up if I'd get it even with Ford paying me to move and she told me yes. Of course, that answer is subject to change like everything else we've been told but alas, it was wrong. Seems they've never done some of this stuff before. Go figure.

Also, the Ford moving allowance is $2700 for single and $4100 for married. That includes the additional $1000 for the plant closing event. This is all in addition to the $45,000 special transfer incentive.