IUAW/LEVEL ANSWER THIS QUESTION

harley95

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Level,as bad as i hate to say this the UAW has caved in to those southern republicans and basically they negotiated our concessions,these concessions are exactly what Corker and Shelby wanted to spank us with because they hate the union.

I understand you thinking we needed to make concessions but look at what is being conceded,these are not going to bail Ford out of the red so it makes it hard for us to understand why this is happening.As Gettlefinger said with his own mouth if they didn't pay us anything Ford would still be in trouble.So since we're only 10% of the cost of the vehicle we need to see what the other 90% is giving up before we can support these concessions.

As i rant on it was also a huge smack in our faces when we reopened the contract and gave concessions then a few months later the international votes thereselves a 3% raise.Now with this being said I also no where we'd be without you guys,I truly appreciate the jobs you do but come on .Make some since to me that this isn't to just appease the goverment when we already gave so much..

I understand you being frustrated with us and making you the whipping dog,I dont think you should be giving anything up but nor should we..

For the last time???

Listen buddy...this is a long explanation....

The UAW is not Ford Motor.....it is a separate company.

The UAW has about 513,000 active members and more than 575,000 retired members in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.

There are more than 800 local unions in the UAW. The UAW currently has 3,100 contracts with some 2,000 employers in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.

Now....that being said.......

where you you to bitch on my behalf all the years you got raises?????

where were you all the years you got performance bonuses and I did not?/????.........

where were you to bitch that I never got a christmas bonus.????....... you did

where were you to bitch I never got profit sharing.......when you did????

where are you when I am out on nights and weekends for free doing my part to further our union causes...walking picket lines and knocking on doors for candidates???? you get overtime/holiday pay/weekend premium......I do not...........

I do not work for Ford................but don't you dare make anyone believe we don't give.............

I dont understand why our own brothers and sisters have this attitude towards IUAW, it must be because they think you dont work on our behalf. Nothing could be futher from the truth. I have witnessed many, many times when we were having trouble at the local level and we asked IUAW for some assitance and they were there stat. I know whats its like to be on picket lines and be disrespected, maybe thats what it takes for someone to understand the role you guy/gals play. On the other hand maybe the reason there is less picket lines is because of the work you folks do. I just hatei t when people live underneath the safety and security that you help provide then complain about the way you are able to provide it.

Keep on fighting brother some of us are thankful.

Look, The last poster was right and I'm not hanging all of the IUAW. I know that there are serious IUAW Reps. that have the memberships best interests at heart. I know a few, and I do appreciate those guys and gals. THANK YOU! With that said, like politicians, there are also those in the IUAW who are self seeking career carpetbaggers who don't really care what happens to the membership because they've got theirs already. I know a few of those also. Their actions prove it. I might be a little bitter. Like many Ford folks I don't have a job anymore. I frankly don't know what to do next, so give me that. Within a 75 mile radius of home, I haven't found a job in my trade that pays more that $18 an hour. And there is only one of them. I have been seriously looking and there is just no jobs out there. My dad is 80, so I can't leave the area because he needs me. Everyone in my boat has personal issues that would certainly be remedied by getting our jobs back. Some are in real hardship because of this. So don't take it personal if we are a little angry about the situation we are in. This is bad, and its gettin worse every day. For we folks that have nothing between us and the possibility of loosing everything that we have worked for, SUB is the difference. Losing a huge chunk of it just brings the Repo-man knocking sooner that later. I went back to my plant, the following Monday, to get something that I forget to take home with me when I left. I couldn't get through the turnstile. The company had already locked us out. I just hope that the UAW hasn't shut the door behind us like the company did. The SUB issue makes it seems a little like they did!

For the last time???

The UAW has about 513,000 active members and more than 575,000 retired members in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.

There are more than 800 local unions in the UAW. The UAW currently has 3,100 contracts with some 2,000 employers in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.

where were you all the years you got performance bonuses and I did not?/????.........

where are you when I am out on nights and weekends for free doing my part to further our union causes...walking picket lines and knocking on doors for candidates???? you get overtime/holiday pay/weekend premium......I do not...........

I do not work for Ford................but don't you dare make anyone believe we don't give.............

For the last time???

For the last time???

Look, The last poster was right and I'm not hanging all of the IUAW. I know that there are serious IUAW Reps. that have the memberships best interests at heart. I know a few, and I do appreciate those guys and gals. THANK YOU! With that said, like politicians, there are also those in the IUAW who are self seeking career carpetbaggers who don't really care what happens to the membership because they've got theirs already. I know a few of those also. Their actions prove it. I might be a little bitter. Like many Ford folks I don't have a job anymore. I frankly don't know what to do next, so give me that. Within a 75 mile radius of home, I haven't found a job in my trade that pays more that $18 an hour. And there is only one of them. I have been seriously looking and there is just no jobs out there. My dad is 80, so I can't leave the area because he needs me. Everyone in my boat has personal issues that would certainly be remedied by getting our jobs back. Some are in real hardship because of this. So don't take it personal if we are a little angry about the situation we are in. This is bad, and its gettin worse every day. For we folks that have nothing between us and the possibility of loosing everything that we have worked for, SUB is the difference. Losing a huge chunk of it just brings the Repo-man knocking sooner that later. I went back to my plant, the following Monday, to get something that I forget to take home with me when I left. I couldn't get through the turnstile. The company had already locked us out. I just hope that the UAW hasn't shut the door behind us like the company did. The SUB issue makes it seems a little like they did!

Hey pipedope, sorry to hear that you are on the street.....this modification does allow you to collect sub for some time and it also allows you to have an avenue to go back to production. The gate think, the UAW, contrary to some belief, would never shut the door on its members. The company locking you out of the turnstile, if you do not use your badge for 30 days it automatically kicks you out of the system. Hang in the bro!

For the last time???

t

Level,

Didnt mean to start a pissing match here. Just wanted a simple answer to a simple question. Which was nothing. In all fairness, I will answer your questions. As far as the first 4, I am sure that you are way ahead of the ballgame. As far as the last one, I was that guy standing with my nose in the grill of the Kenworth 20 some years ago in front of Guardian Glass when they tried to cross the picket line. Do you remember? I was the guy who took his own car, food and personal money to Peoria, Illinois to support the UAW against Caterpillar. Do you remember? I was the one with the sign in the Kroger parking lot when they were trying to organize. Do you remember? And by the way, I have campaigned for the democrats for at least the last 30 years. I hope this gives you a better understanding of WHO I am. So you are not the only one who supports our causes. No hard feelings here!

As a recently unemployed Tradesman from LEP, who has lost his job after 14 years and now possibly part of his sub, I say I FEEL FOR YOU IUAW REPS, BUT I JUST CAN"T REACH YA! The Reps from Region 2B are the reason that I'm out of a job. When they ILO'd me I and the guys in the meeting were told by the Building Chairman and the Company Rep., that it was National that pushed for us to be ILO'd instead of TLO'd. They said that it kicked in transfer elagibility. The problem is that there are no jobs posted for my trade, and there certainly aren't any jobs out in the real world for me in this economy. So thanks for all your help BF, DH, at Region 2B from LEP. THANKS FOR NOTHING! You have lived up to the expetations of all the folks at LEP had for you. YOU SHOULD FEEL PROUD!---NOT!!!!!

I understand how you feel...there was a lot that happened down there since the Vulcan line.....I wish you good luck...

Don't judge the many on the actions of the few..............

Edited by level

I got this question off factoryrat.

I'm confused on sub. According to the 07 contract, and our Local union heads, we only get 48 weeks of sub. That's over the 2007 contracts 4 years, and not per year. So if they change SUB for GM according to how they changed it at Chrysler, are we actually getting more SUB pay now? Has anyone else been told only 48 weeks total?

Can anyone answer this ?

t

Level,

Didnt mean to start a pissing match here. Just wanted a simple answer to a simple question. Which was nothing. In all fairness, I will answer your questions. As far as the first 4, I am sure that you are way ahead of the ballgame. As far as the last one, I was that guy standing with my nose in the grill of the Kenworth 20 some years ago in front of Guardian Glass when they tried to cross the picket line. Do you remember? I was the guy who took his own car, food and personal money to Peoria, Illinois to support the UAW against Caterpillar. Do you remember? I was the one with the sign in the Kroger parking lot when they were trying to organize. Do you remember? And by the way, I have campaigned for the democrats for at least the last 30 years. I hope this gives you a better understanding of WHO I am. So you are not the only one who supports our causes. No hard feelings here!

I understand....it is ridiculous that we are in the worst economy in decades if not the century.....the union members......go against there own...........

bite the hand that feeds them..................

Nothing against you brother but I am done with Blue Oval................I will only be on FFF from now on.......If I am going to take beatings....I will take them from known UAW members in a non-public forum.............

for all I know Shelby himself is on here as one of the trolls.....sitting there in his underwear laughing..........

If anyone needs me to answer any questions.........I will be there.........If you are not a member...join.........if you don't want to join....fine and Goodbye to all of those who were decent.....

I understand....it is ridiculous that we are in the worst economy in decades if not the century.....the union members......go against there own...........

Nothing against you brother but I am done with Blue Oval................I will only be on FFF from now on.......If I am going to take beatings....I will take them from known UAW members in a non-public forum.............

for all I know Shelby himself is on here as one of the trolls.....sitting there in his underwear laughing..........

If anyone needs me to answer any questions.........I will be there.........If you are not a member...join.........if you don't want to join....fine and Goodbye to all of those who were decent.....

Level,

You've always been very forthright and honest, at least whenever I've asked you anything. I'm sorry that all this turned out the way it did. I'll see you over there. I understand how you feel. We got jumped on just for posting the language for the modifications. Ah well. BON's loss is our gain! Take care!

Spring

I understand how you feel...there was a lot that happened down there since the Vulcan line.....I wish you good luck...

Don't judge the many on the actions of the few..............

Thanks Level, At least you have an idea where I am comming from. Hanging in! Same to ya!

It was great of you to try to answer questions here, but we all should know that a public forum is not the place to ask some of these questions.

AH yes, I forgot that I was told earlier that the public hates us anyway.

So lets make them dispise us even more with this drivel.

See you on FFF, where we dare to disagree, but do it with respect.

Thanks Level..................................................

He is no longer here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Level,how will the vacation effect the june people? If someone is sitting with 3,4 or 5 weeks. IF their not granted it will it be paid?

The language is clear, isn't it? They sprung this on you and if you schedule it and they don't let you take it, then they're going to have to pay you. With the June eligibility folks this is going to be a cluster youknowwhat! It'll probably clear up by the time we get to the December eligible people.

The language is clear, isn't it? They sprung this on you and if you schedule it and they don't let you take it, then they're going to have to pay you. With the June eligibility folks this is going to be a cluster youknowwhat! It'll probably clear up by the time we get to the December eligible people.

thanks spring, I joined your site but it is a little confusing. where the hell do I get verified? yadda yadda. sorry to be such a dumb f%$k but just wanted to hear it from someone with a head.

Edited by takeme back 2blue