Me so horn-y

vnmous1

OK....5,000 miles on the clock. Engine a little noisy as Mr Atkinson wakes up. World's stupidest interior color combo. Other than that, we're loving our FEH Limited. Averaging around 29mpg because there's a brass monkey running around here with no balls. MAN, it's been cold this winter. Warmer days = more mpg.

So, what's my beef other than the blue jean stain on all four seat edges? The freakin' horn!! What a woosie thing this is. My wife is embarrassed to use it. So, shy of hooking up some train horns, do any of you know of a multi-tone horn that I can pick up at my Ford store (or PepBoys) and just do a 5 min plug and play?

Thanks.

bj

I agree about the horn. Hope someone has a good suggestion.

As to the leather stains, I have them too. Actually started around 500 miles! I used Lexol leather clener (Ace Hardware) which seemed to work well, followed by their leather conditioner. I know Meguires also makes some good products.

I agree about the horn. Hope someone has a good suggestion.

As to the leather stains, I have them too. Actually started around 500 miles! I used Lexol leather clener (Ace Hardware) which seemed to work well, followed by their leather conditioner. I know Meguires also makes some good products.

I called Ford about it and they hooked me up with a mfg that they use. It's in the car. I'll bring it in later and post it up.

Expensive as hell but seems to work.

I hate it that we couldn't get a black or charcoal interior. I have the fancy black (metallic) paint, whatever it was called. My interior looks like crap most of the time because of snow and salt. I teach scuba and I can't wait to see what the rear of this thing looks like after stacking a ton of gear in it (damp, sandy, dirty, ugh)

bj

I called Ford about it and they hooked me up with a mfg that they use. It's in the car. I'll bring it in later and post it up.

I hate it that we couldn't get a black or charcoal interior. I have the fancy black (metallic) paint, whatever it was called. My interior looks like crap most of the time because of snow and salt. I teach scuba and I can't wait to see what the rear of this thing looks like after stacking a ton of gear in it (damp, sandy, dirty, ugh)

bj

How about just going to a junk yard? I remember my dad's 72 Maverick came with a single note horn. I went to a local junk yard and, for a few bucks, bought the 2nd note horn that came on more expensive Ford's.

bj

Did you get a cargo liner for the back? If not, I highly recommend it. I purchased the Husky liner. They make it in black and tan (and there maybe a gray too but I cannot recall). I put the black in mine. I also use the Ford all weather, black mats inside as well. Tan would probably work good but I always like black mats. Good luck!

Did you get a cargo liner for the back? If not, I highly recommend it. I purchased the Husky liner. They make it in black and tan (and there maybe a gray too but I cannot recall). I put the black in mine. I also use the Ford all weather, black mats inside as well. Tan would probably work good but I always like black mats. Good luck!

Yup. Weather mats and the cargo thingy. Maybe I can use some black shoe polish and do the whole interior.

bj

I'd recommend seat covers. I'm using Wet Okole in my Escape. I've even washed them in a laundry machine on handwash cycle with pretty good results. They still look great after 2 years of daily use.

There are other mfgs. who have cheaper ones.

• 2 months later...
I'd recommend seat covers. I'm using Wet Okole in my Escape. I've even washed them in a laundry machine on handwash cycle with pretty good results. They still look great after 2 years of daily use.

There are other mfgs. who have cheaper ones.

Regarding the use of seat covers: CAUTION! The front seats have air bags installed in the back rest which will pop out the sides. Please read your owner's manual. Full seat covers will impede the airbag deployment. Could be dangerous. I installed covers that just lay on the seating surfaces and back.

I'm glad that I am not the only one who thinks the horn on my '09 Escape hybrid is an embarrasment. I want to replace it but I can't find its location under the hood. Does anyone know where it is?

Regarding the use of seat covers: CAUTION! The front seats have air bags installed in the back rest which will pop out the sides. Please read your owner's manual. Full seat covers will impede the airbag deployment. Could be dangerous. I installed covers that just lay on the seating surfaces and back.

I'm glad that I am not the only one who thinks the horn on my '09 Escape hybrid is an embarrasment. I want to replace it but I can't find its location under the hood. Does anyone know where it is?

Under the left front headlamp, behind the bumper cover. (Bumper has to come off to access)

• 2 months later...