IUAW transparency in finances

Stugots

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In government, elected officials are required to make their finances transparent and reveal all income. Why in the UAW do we not demand the same. Once and for all we can see who's on the take. Put all the questions to rest.

I think that is absurd, and only because I loath the thought that they put our compensation in the news, along with every bonus and benefit. Then they are deceptive, and let people believe that we make even more them we do! My grandmother is 84 years old, and is going to buy a firearm because of the damn newspaper. They announced on the front page of the local news that she sold her property for 1.2M, in these times why would you want a target painted on your head?

Edited by Furious1Auto

Sorry bout ur grandmother. I recommend a .40 cal semi auto. Why is it ok for public servants and not our servants? What does bob and ron and the rest have to hide?

I agree with your sentiment, and I am also not very happy about the terms of the tentative agreement. I can also understand your mistrust for the IUAW, but things are really bad in our economy. I also see that the companies are capitalizing on the downturn, I just want to throw up man. Ron and Bob's hands are tied. he government and the CEO's are colluding. It is "Two Wolves and a Sheep Voting on who is for dinner!"

If Bob and Ron make a stand, and sanction a strike then the retirees lose 75% of what they have been promised while giving a better posture to the active employees. If they give up the farm they can secure the senior employees, and screw the active members. So if you look at the big picture, and even though it is a shit sandwich what they have agreed to may be the closest to a median they could get. What would you do personally to protect both the active, and the retired if you were the IUAW president and under oath to protect them collectively? A hard line on either front will cost one of these classes.

I suppose you will say the same as me, I would not want that job.

Edited by Furious1Auto

Sorry bout ur grandmother. I recommend a .40 cal semi auto. Why is it ok for public servants and not our servants? What does bob and ron and the rest have to hide?

You answered the question yourself. The UAW is not a public servant, keyword here is public.

But they do serve us the uaw. There is a high probability of offers being made to these officials from the company, third parties with an interest in our business. I'm just saying there has to be checks and balances to keep everything on the up and up. And no I would not want to be IUAW pres. I just want to make a quality part do what I can to help.

But they do serve us the uaw. There is a high probability of offers being made to these officials from the company, third parties with an interest in our business. I'm just saying there has to be checks and balances to keep everything on the up and up. And no I would not want to be IUAW pres. I just want to make a quality part do what I can to help.

There doesn't have to be payoffs from the company, it could be as simple as union officials buying large sums of Ford stock at $2.00 a share betting on concessions to the workforce. It should be illegal for them to purchase Ford stock if they have the leverage to effect the prices. It is no different then Pete Rose betting against his team when he has the power to make them lose a game. Or the same as a oil investor being able to donate to Green Peace to maximize their profits, and use it as a tax shelter. There is a conflict of interest, and it should be illegal.

I really don't believe that, that is why the tentative agreements read the way they do. The economy is f-cked up, and sales volumes cannot be faked! I don't think they are that immoral to bet against the home team!

Edited by Furious1Auto

A lot of people "thought" there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Once we were there we found it to be "factual" that there were no wmds. That's my point. There is a difference between thinking and actually knowing. We could find that everything is cool and legit or we could find some bad things out. Just saying we as a membership deserve to know for sure. You see how many people on just this site question the IUAW? It would be good to put all of that to rest.

A lot of people "thought" there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Once we were there we found it to be "factual" that there were no wmds. That's my point. There is a difference between thinking and actually knowing. We could find that everything is cool and legit or we could find some bad things out. Just saying we as a membership deserve to know for sure. You see how many people on just this site question the IUAW? It would be good to put all of that to rest.

I wonder if there is a way to find out if any officials or any of their family members have made large purchases of company stock. I really believe that they would not be stupid enough to accept money from the company directly. Also if they bought stock it would be stupid to do so in their own name!

How about at the next union meeting someone from every local bring this topic up in new business, get it on the minutes at every local. Then well be on the right path. We CAN do this

If you bring it up at the next Union Meeting your president should tell you to pick up the UAW Constitution. The Constitution states the International's rate of pay. However, the Constitution does not state that any new International reps. put on staff start at a Tier 2 rate. Staff Council voted that in sometime last year.

Plus, nothing should be posted in the Paper. They would never post the truth anyhow. It would all be lies by Anti-Labor friendly sources. Thats what the press does!

Not talking about their rate of pay. I would be interested to see if there are irregularities. Why is it done for public officials? To prevent corruption! We need it done here. And I never mentioned any news papers I don't think they have anything to do in the equation. Iþ should be done by an independant auditor. Similar to what we need for elections and votes of any kind. We need independant auditors there as well.

Not talking about their rate of pay. I would be interested to see if there are irregularities. Why is it done for public officials? To prevent corruption! We need it done here. And I never mentioned any news papers I don't think they have anything to do in the equation. Iþ should be done by an independant auditor. Similar to what we need for elections and votes of any kind. We need independant auditors there as well.

Can't they do a yearly audit of their finances and send the members a copy of the result.

Can't they do a yearly audit of their finances and send the members a copy of the result.

If it has to be done with approval, then you would have a better time selling ice to an Eskimo. A third party board of auditors would be better, although the board could be bought! I seriously doubt they are going to provide every UAW member with their financial earnings statement, and would not expect them to either. I would not release my earnings statement to the public, and because of the net it would be a matter of public record on BOF if you guys had it in your possession.

An unbiased auditing firm from a contracted third party is the only way to go about it while keeping them honest, and keeping it confidential!

first off, public officals are not required to announce their finances to the general public. No one should be subject to that requirement, including ourselves. Just because you "FEEL" that there maybe some issue doesn't give you enough "PROOF" to ask for such things or the "RIGHT".

this type of stuff is foolish and amounts to little. Perhaps you should work on real issues like lack of turnout at local meetings, lack of invovlement in the Regions veterans council etc. We could be stronger if we stopped making accusations and started getting invovled.

First off it IS customary for state and federal candidates for office to disclose their tax returns and reveal all income. Please tell me you've heard of this? Look it up my friend

I wonder if there is a way to find out if any officials or any of their family members have made large purchases of company stock. I really believe that they would not be stupid enough to accept money from the company directly. Also if they bought stock it would be stupid to do so in their own name!

This equity for debt swap isnt going to have a positive effect on Ford Stock, this is why the UAW does not want to take it instead of cash. Ford is not going to take money out of the bank and buy stock, they are going to basically print more shares. Instead of 2.4 billion shares at $2 per share there could end up being 5 billion shares at $1 per share thus Ford would still have a market cap of roughly $5 billion. Cash is king with these companies because nobody will give a loan for assets so the only way to cover debt without cash is equity for debt swap or bankruptcy. This train has left the station and who knows where its going to stop. Therefore I really doubt anyone with any knowledge of the stock market is buying huge sums of Ford stock right now or in the near future.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Ford_Mo...how/3557967.cms

first off, public officals are not required to announce their finances to the general public. No one should be subject to that requirement, including ourselves. Just because you "FEEL" that there maybe some issue doesn't give you enough "PROOF" to ask for such things or the "RIGHT".

this type of stuff is foolish and amounts to little. Perhaps you should work on real issues like lack of turnout at local meetings, lack of invovlement in the Regions veterans council etc. We could be stronger if we stopped making accusations and started getting invovled.

wHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF ? go read a book in your office and do nothing all day . :boring: :boring: :boring:

In government, elected officials are required to make their finances transparent and reveal all income. Why in the UAW do we not demand the same. Once and for all we can see who's on the take. Put all the questions to rest.
Well did you know they all got raises in 2006 + more money for expenses . they sure know how to lead by example ,dont they?

I cant believe this has to be answered. Go to the U.S. Dept of Labor and request a LM Report for the Intl, Region & Local. It is free and they will mail it to you. There you will find what your Intl, Region & Local President, Representatives and anyone else that has received a check from the Union down to the toilet scrubber!

BTW, you can get any Union's LM report. Do some home work.

Also, why are you attacking the UAW, you need to attack the buying public for buying japaneese & korean! The buying public is to blame, not Ford or the UAW!

I cant believe this has to be answered. Go to the U.S. Dept of Labor and request a LM Report for the Intl, Region & Local. It is free and they will mail it to you. There you will find what your Intl, Region & Local President, Representatives and anyone else that has received a check from the Union down to the toilet scrubber!

BTW, you can get any Union's LM report. Do some home work.

Also, why are you attacking the UAW, you need to attack the buying public for buying japaneese & korean! The buying public is to blame, not Ford or the UAW!

You are missing the point. I'm not saying the uaws' payroll should be in question. I'm referring to the IUAW top leaderships personal income and tax returns. We need transparency especially in times like this.

Without a doubt a great statement.

You are missing the point. I'm not saying the uaws' payroll should be in question. I'm referring to the IUAW top leaderships personal income and tax returns. We need transparency especially in times like this.

Get more involved, read the Constitution and remember auto workers are not the only workers the UAW represents. I have not been one to sit by without questioning some of the issues you bring up, but some of that information is easily available.

If then you do not like what you see happening start running for offices, one I would recommend is constitutional convention delegate.

Without a doubt a great statement.

Get more involved, read the Constitution and remember auto workers are not the only workers the UAW represents. I have not been one to sit by without questioning some of the issues you bring up, but some of that information is easily available.

If then you do not like what you see happening start running for offices, one I would recommend is constitutional convention delegate.

that is a good answer.....funny how members like airing this shit on the site when they have the means to get the info. Get involved...that is why our union is weak, members make assumptions. How in the hell would someone that is involved not realize that the Auto industry only makes up 1/3 of the UAW membership. Kills me.....to those that do....do us all a favor and just sit behind your computer and bash the UAW from a distance!!

Sorry, I take offense to that....fk you! I am creditable and I have never wittnessed this....it is fking illegal. It is nice to know that the members have the IUAW's back. fking idiot!

Edited by Captain723

that is a good answer.....funny how members like airing this shit on the site when they have the means to get the info. Get involved...that is why our union is weak, members make assumptions. How in the hell would someone that is involved not realize that the Auto industry only makes up 1/3 of the UAW membership. Kills me.....to those that do....do us all a favor and just sit behind your computer and bash the UAW from a distance!!

Amen brother.