Jsp to unemployment?

ypsiford4605

If thats the case, this contract screws everyone outside of a zone because people inside a zone will get first shot, then if they dont want to go they bump low man. All this while a seniority employee outside of a zone will not get a chance for a job. I say lets do away with zones and let seniority be national then we will be one union.

That is exactly what we voted on, but not many people knew about it. I feel sorry for their kids with low seniority or someone who would like to get into a trade. they could finish up and end up accross the country.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is not true.......in order for anyone in ILO status to be given an out of zone opportunity which would require him/her to make a decision, that opportunity would have been already offered to the guy in Louisville and he would have been able to go before anyone is forced to make a decision, provided there was not more than one opening!!

Why would someone with less seniority get to jump ahead of you with more seniority and take a job opening from you? Seniority always rules in job placement.

Just got a phone call related to unemployment. It said letters have been mailed out also. I'm in Michigan.

JSP is now on ILO.

Phone message said: Do not call unemployment office to file a claim or go to Michigan Works office. Call MARVIN begining week of 3-30-09 based on MARVIN reporting schedule.

Sounds like it will be handled as in the past.

Skilled trades bumping back to production will be notified.

To hear the message dial: 877-565-8456

Just got a phone call related to unemployment. It said letters have been mailed out also. I'm in Michigan.

JSP is now on ILO.

Phone message said: Do not call unemployment office to file a claim or go to Michigan Works office. Call MARVIN begining week of 3-30-09 based on MARVIN reporting schedule.

Sounds like it will be handled as in the past.

Skilled trades bumping back to production will be notified.

To hear the message dial: 877-565-8456

my question now is why the two phone calls. I got one last week staying that we had to call or go online and file for unemployment and then today we don't. I think that it is great that we have this bs done for us.

Why would someone with less seniority get to jump ahead of you with more seniority and take a job opening from you? Seniority always rules in job placement.

It has to go through the entire hierarchy before someone is given the out of zone offer. If their is someone who wants to go voluntarily then they are not going to force someone else to make a decision to go out of zone or bump low person out of zone when they have someone willing to voluntarily go :reading: !!

It has to go through the entire hierarchy before someone is given the out of zone offer. If their is someone who wants to go voluntarily then they are not going to force someone else to make a decision to go out of zone or bump low person out of zone when they have someone willing to voluntarily go :reading: !!

You are changeing the whole If you are high seniority and have the option to go to work you will not get the option to turn it down or pass. according to the change we just voted on.

You are changeing the whole If you are high seniority and have the option to go to work you will not get the option to turn it down or pass. according to the change we just voted on.

Look when there is an opening in an out of zone plant....

1st they will look to see if anyone has RTBU or section VIII article 1(B) right

2nd they will offer those in zone on ILO,closed plant return to area, active employees at locations with ILO, mandatory placement in zone

3rd Out of Zone ILO, active employees at locations with ILO

4th they will offer those at ACH

5th they will offer Ford plants in zone of employees on ILO

6th skilled trades volunteers for non skilled openings

7th corporate wide offers

8th skilled trades in zone force to production

9th out of zone offer with choice to take job, give up pay/benefits, or bump low man in zone

not real sure on step 8, but pretty sure!! :shades:

Hope this helps!

PS sorry this is for production openings!!

Edited by Captain723

I am in Rawsonville's JSP waiting to transfer to Saline. When will the 85% checks stop coming? Will the unemployment checks come automaticaly? Like they have in the past with the SUB pay. I am just trying to get ready for changes.

Just heard that they are going to combine 2-sub checks and manually write in your sub pay and send you a check, so that members are not without a check for 2-4 weeks!! :stats:

Edited by Captain723

2nd they will offer those in zone on ILO,closed plant return to area, active employees at locations with ILO, mandatory placement in zone

8th skilled trades in zone force

9th out of zone offer with choice to take job, give up pay/benefits, or bump low man in zone

Hope this helps!

Now check and see how the new contract works after it has been modified and changed.

You just read it brother!!

I would rather believe what you have written, but now one of us and I prefer it was you, tell Bob King, that what he told us face to face is %$#@$$% not correct and he don't know what he is talking about. The whole gruop all came home with the same conclusion. Do you think he might have been just yanking our chains a little?

Hope this helps!

It has to go through the entire hierarchy before someone is given the out of zone offer. If their is someone who wants to go voluntarily then they are not going to force someone else to make a decision to go out of zone or bump low person out of zone when they have someone willing to voluntarily go !!

??? Im not really sure what you are trying to say. It is my understanding (per King) that you can no longer turn down an out of zone offer without giving up everything but call back rights, or bumping low seniority in your zone. This would fall under step 3 of the actual placement hierarchy pg 220-221 volume 1. So yes you could be forced to take an out of zone job or bump low man before steps 4,5,6,7.

One shot if its offered: take it, bump low man, or bye bye.

??? Im not really sure what you are trying to say. It is my understanding (per King) that you can no longer turn down an out of zone offer without giving up everything but call back rights, or bumping low seniority in your zone. This would fall under step 3 of the actual placement hierarchy pg 220-221 volume 1. So yes you could be forced to take an out of zone job or bump low man before steps 4,5,6,7.

One shot if its offered: take it, bump low man, or bye bye.

Brutal---but true

I would rather believe what you have written, but now one of us and I prefer it was you, tell Bob King, that what he told us face to face is %$#@$$% not correct and he don't know what he is talking about. The whole gruop all came home with the same conclusion. Do you think he might have been just yanking our chains a little?

There must have been a gap in what you believe & what you heard. Bobby doesn't give bogus info. Everything I have heard him say has been played out like he said. I believe he is a Christian man that doesn't speak of what he doesn't believe to be true.

Pulse is correct......Bob is very religious, I am sure you misunderstood Bob....he is correct about telling you..... one chance to accept, bump or lose benefits/pay.....that is the new language, but that is after you go through the hierarchy.....the hierarchy still exists!!! While it may be prossible that he did not explain what was currently in the agreement, he was only explaining the changes to the 2 offers!

Pulse is correct......Bob is very religious, I am sure you misunderstood Bob....he is correct about telling you..... one chance to accept, bump or lose benefits/pay.....that is the new language, but that is after you go through the hierarchy.....the hierarchy still exists!!! While it may be prossible that he did not explain what was currently in the agreement, he was only explaining the changes to the 2 offers!

This is the problem with Gettlefinger and Bob as well as other IUAW reps. The UAW didnt get where it is by being law abiding and real religious people will follow the laws of the land. If they were in the union during the sit down strike, we wouldnt be talking about the UAW today because the sit down was illegal. How do they think they are going to fight greedy, corrupt business leaders if they are not willing to step over the line? I say fight fire with fire and if the laws of the land are not on the working mans side then we have to ignore them and do what we know is right.

Hope this helps!

With this process you have written I have a question. I see a number of people leaving AAI and going to Saline. My question is: How can the working people jump ahead of people who are in JSP now ILO (closed plant- Monroe) and go to Saline first? If it's RTBU what kind of plant is this, Ford, Visteon, ACH? I believe they all get Ford pay checks and all their time is good in all Ford plants.

I'm not trying to start trouble just trying to understand what is going on.

With this process you have written I have a question. I see a number of people leaving AAI and going to Saline. My question is: How can the working people jump ahead of people who are in JSP now ILO (closed plant- Monroe) and go to Saline first? If it's RTBU what kind of plant is this, Ford, Visteon, ACH? I believe they all get Ford pay checks and all their time is good in all Ford plants.

Seniority rules. So after saline transfers happen openings at AAI will be made available to people on ILO

This is the problem with Gettlefinger and Bob as well as other IUAW reps. The UAW didnt get where it is by being law abiding and real religious people will follow the laws of the land. If they were in the union during the sit down strike, we wouldnt be talking about the UAW today because the sit down was illegal. How do they think they are going to fight greedy, corrupt business leaders if they are not willing to step over the line? I say fight fire with fire and if the laws of the land are not on the working mans side then we have to ignore them and do what we know is right.

:hysterical: people are saying they are lying, cheating, stealing and taking kick backs and now you are saying that they are too straight........WTFE!! :finger:

Saline moves were zone 1 anyone who wanted to go by seniority, knowing that when they got to the plant it would only be temp with no seniority...so yes you could have been laid off and went.....what that did is create jobs openings at Ford Plants to place people that are on ILO!

All the openings created at FORD plants by people leaving for Saline will only be temporary openings from what I understand...Once Saline is done those people can return to the plant they came from.

and that my friend is the most assinine thing i have ever heard of,move your feet,lose your seat.people left rawsonville 3 or 4 years ago when it was still a visteon plant,now that it is a ford plant again they wont be allowed back.most of the people left at raws. are from wixom,flatrock etc. how would you feel if you were originally from raws. and without a job right now and you have to go to dearborn as a temp. to cover somebody that willingly bid to saline as a temp. and can come back to dearborn and displace you when saline assignment is up

I'm not so sure the sit-down strike was illegal when it happened. But the powers that "were", sure didn't waste anytime changing that. That was a brutal lesson that GM learned real quick. Very effective. Too bad that option is gone now.

I'm not so sure the sit-down strike was illegal when it happened. But the powers that "were", sure didn't waste anytime changing that. That was a brutal lesson that GM learned real quick. Very effective. Too bad that option is gone now.

The sit down strike was illegal then just as it is now. But the UAW will not use illegal tactics because they are run by a group that is trying to do right. The problem is good guys finish last.

Captain,

I never said Gettlefinger or Bob took kickbacks and I never said they should take paycuts. I have always said they should be removed and the membership should have a one man one vote for these jobs. I am tired of the nepotism that runs our union and the only way to stop it is with a vote by all members. I believe Ron and Bob do the best they can, I also believe Jac Nassar did the best he could but we all know how his run ended. Let the membership decide if they are happy with their leaders.