Ford joins Chrysler in criticizing GM-CAW deal

With their threating tone and increasing demands on workers and government, I would not be surprised to learn that both Ford and Chrysler are positioning themselves to close plants or pull out of Canada entirely.

:)

First, they have to get all of the people to hate us so they will not blame the companies and continue to buy the products. I remember once just before GM was about to announce some lay-offs in Canada. The headline of the Toronto Sun was "SABOTAGE". Some workers fouled up the paint, so a few units had to be repaired. Normally this would not be a story, but GM needed the anti-worker propaganda.

They can go "F" themselves. So Ford thinks what the UAW gave up WILL make them more competitive.....give me a break!

Ed.

Isn't $50 thousand enough? I can't retire now until at least 2013, or whenever we get back our pension COLA plus an increase. I will be pushing 70 by then. I need to start working out.

This is the same BS we hear every contract.A and B company aren't going to follow the pattern because it isn't a good deal then they decide to follow.These are the same games that are played over and over.The only thing surprising is it is normally GM and Chrysler spouting off after Ford being the target.

Edited by GuyfromSTAP

and Trim you are an idiot.You can't be in such a bad place to not be able to retire.What if the cola never returns you keep working?You are a turd that has no life outside the blue walls so keep pretending it's other's fault and not your bad decision making.We've had alot of young workers retire at STAP who are having the time of their life while still healthy enough to enjoy it.To each their own,fight your good fight and die in the plant with your dignity(with whatever also falls from your bowels when the Ford ambulance scrapes you up.)

Edited by GuyfromSTAP

and Trim you are an idiot.You can't be in such a bad place to not be able to retire.What if the cola never returns you keep working?You are a turd that has no life outside the blue walls so keep pretending it's other's fault and not your bad decision making.We've had alot of young workers retire at STAP who are having the time of their life while still healthy enough to enjoy it.To each their own,fight your good fight and die in the plant with your dignity(with whatever also falls from your bowels when the Ford ambulance scrapes you up.)

You know it Ford likes those carry outs, but no matter what happens they never die at the plant that way it doesn't cost as much.

quit being such a smart ass, you don't even work for Ford

Isn't it hilarious that calling out for people to quit for unfair treatment is laughed at by UAW members?

Isn't that how things work in America? If they treat you unfairly you quit and get a job elsewhere where people do treat you fairly.

DAMN IT, IF THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE US DO THIS JOB FOR THEIR MENIAL PAY AND BENEFITS WE SHOULD ALL QUIT AND TAKE OUR SKILLS ELSEWHERE.

Isn't it hilarious that calling out for people to quit for unfair treatment is laughed at by UAW members?

Isn't it even equally hilarious that being called out for posting in an employee only section, and not being an employee, gets ignored because it suits your trolling ways?

Isn't that how things work in America? If they treat you unfairly you quit and get a job elsewhere where people do treat you fairly.

DAMN IT, IF THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE US DO THIS JOB FOR THEIR MENIAL PAY AND BENEFITS WE SHOULD ALL QUIT AND TAKE OUR SKILLS ELSEWHERE.

beating-a-dead-horse.gif

that's all you like doing is causing issues, just shows the kind of character that you are which is very minimal to zero, no class and definitely has no respect for his fellow human being. You, my friend, like to judge people and the organization they belong to and you don't even know them. If you see the UAW sign or logo and immediately you have them pegged as garbage which makes you nothing more than trash yourself. Sp keep trolling, keep fishing and just keep beating that dead horse because you are the lower trash of the human totem poll.

What ever you come back with, I can really give a rats ass cause all I'll do will be laughing at whatever response you come back with. You are nothing at all. :hysterical: :hysterical:

I have a good job. I actually enjoy coming to work. I am in very good shape for my age. Most people think I am only 50 or so. I don't mind doing what I am doing to maintain my lifestyle. I saw people who retired before the last inflationary cycle have their pensions rendered nearly worthless, and they took jobs as variety store clerks or cab drivers. I don't want to move to some cock roach infested high rise and scrounge the malls for free coffees and seniors discounts. What would I get for a big house right now if I sold it? I would lose over $100,000. A small house would only save me $20 or $30 thousand, so I would be out a net of over $70 or $80 thousand. I see a good possibility of double digit inflation long before we get our COLA back. I am going to stay until we are on a stable footing and get our lost wages back. Once inflation takes off, real estate will come back, and also the auto industry. Pensioners will suffer because of the COLA freeze. They can't work overtime to make it up.

Yep a turd proves he's a turd.Some people think you look 50...holy shit never seen a 50 year old auto worker die.I'm just glad you are in a minorty of a couple since I hope the best for my brothers and sisters.So when you look back at all the time missed with family and friends working insane hours that we used to you decide to spend more time inside the blue walls istead of now enjoying your family when you have the time.I think that says enough about you...you like your job and working moreso then family and friends.That is just who you are.I could be wrong and maybe your family enjoys not having you around more and then I guess you are doing a favour for those that are the closest to you.

I know in a couple years when my 30 hits I'll be excited that I can afford to do things with the people I love that I didn't have as much time as I would of liked while working the long hours...I know this is wasted effort.I know retireees that have been off the job for 20 years or more and they are doing quite well,your stories of poverty for a Ford retiree are nonsense like alot that you post.

I have a good job. I actually enjoy coming to work. I am in very good shape for my age. Most people think I am only 50 or so. I don't mind doing what I am doing to maintain my lifestyle. I saw people who retired before the last inflationary cycle have their pensions rendered nearly worthless, and they took jobs as variety store clerks or cab drivers. I don't want to move to some cock roach infested high rise and scrounge the malls for free coffees and seniors discounts. What would I get for a big house right now if I sold it? I would lose over $100,000. A small house would only save me $20 or $30 thousand, so I would be out a net of over $70 or $80 thousand. I see a good possibility of double digit inflation long before we get our COLA back. I am going to stay until we are on a stable footing and get our lost wages back. Once inflation takes off, real estate will come back, and also the auto industry. Pensioners will suffer because of the COLA freeze. They can't work overtime to make it up.

I wouldn't tell you what to do, but if you are waiting for Ford to stabilize and return to profitability you may be waiting along time, not saying Ford won't return to profits here shortly but they will cook the books just enough going into the next contract that International will not gain anything back, and don't be surprised if we don't see a extended length contract of 5 years.

If you enjoy coming to work instead of being with your family your a bigger ass hole then you sound.I can only hope I am there when you drop to the floor so I can laugh at you as you take your last breath of air.

As for the others that did not retire you are all crazy the ship is going down and even if we make it I can't understand what you are staying for. If you have made bad money decisions for 30 years then you should just buy a gun and get it over now!!!!!!

I have the solution..

Restructure NAFTA

If these companies from other countries wanna sell their shit in the US they have to put people to work in the US..

For every 5 million cars/trucks/toys they sell here they need to employ 500k workers in the US or go home!.

DOWN WITH NAFTA..

Lets pay China off also and these other countries we owe money too so we don't have to be under this money cloud anymore, the US should be independent and not depend on other countries anymore. Lets stop helping other countries and help our self.

Oh yeah, Clooney, take your DARFUR and shove it up your ass. If you want aid over there give them your money!.

Edited by chuckie

I have the solution..

Restructure NAFTA

If these companies from other countries wanna sell their shit in the US they have to put people to work in the US..

For every 5 million cars/trucks/toys they sell here they need to employ 500k workers in the US or go home!.

DOWN WITH NAFTA..

Lets pay China off also and these other countries we owe money too so we don't have to be under this money cloud anymore, the US should be independent and not depend on other countries anymore. Lets stop helping other countries and help our self.

Oh yeah, Clooney, take your DARFUR and shove it up your ass. If you want aid over there give them your money!.

yeah its called the AUTO PACT and we had it too, should work like that everywhere but it doesn't . and its not Nafta causing all of this its Countrys like Japan and Korea that purposly dump their crap here and don't want any North American products back .. Walmart is a big one importing jobs over to China.

Edited by fastime

I have the solution..

Restructure NAFTA

DOWN WITH NAFTA..

:idea: YESS!!!! A VOICE OF REASON!! I am not against helping Darfur, however, let's take care of our own families first. Then, we can help whoever.

Boycott China as best we can. Seriously. I look at the label before I buy anything. I feel 'obligated' to buy Barbies for my nieces and they are made in China. I cuss everytime I do it. When I buy a basketball evy month because my kid can't seem to keep track of his, I look at the box. We actually make basketballs in America, who'd have thought?

And Walmart is on my craplist. I try not to go there, but sometimes I do. It's an import shop.