saline question

ford5151

I'm TLO this week. I know they told one of the guys I know from DTP with 11-1-99 to report to Saline on 4-20 so I'm just trying to figure out if I'm going to be in the next group with you on 4-27 or are they going to hold a group of Dtp workers back. Good luck Saline will treat you good, There are lots of great people there.

are you guys at saline getting alot of downtime

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Wild anything new to report,I have 5/00 seniority seen that people with 4/00 got the call.Hopefully I get a call this week,if that info is true.

you should get the call this week, assuming you're not at a plant that is holding people.

you should get the call this week, assuming you're not at a plant that is holding people.
I am not at a plant I'm on ILO,I hope your right can't wait to get back to work!And thank you for the info and thank you too wild hope to be working with you all soon.

How many more people are expected to be placed at Saline and up to what senority. Any information given will be most appreciated.

have you read the saline threads at all? in your 2 posts you come across as someone that doesnt work at ford at all, maybe a newspaper though.

have you read the saline threads at all? in your 2 posts you come across as someone that doesnt work at ford at all, maybe a newspaper though.

I am employed at WAP for your info we are hearing alot of "rumors" on layoffs and plant placement and I cant get any firm answer from our Union (surprise surprise) so I thought I would ask folks who are at Saline. We had several groups over the last couple of months come to your facility. You hear so many tales on the line we are laying off workers cause of over manpower, sales, line ,etc. So I was just wondering how many folks are still headed there or if you still had temps. I dont work for the Newspaper although if sales tank and GM and Chyrsler go under maybe that could be my next job. With all the things that go on in the plant maybe a Novel writer called "Plant Life-The Good The Bad The Poor" thanks for the idea but until I get the right pens any information you have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Edited by Wanna2NTheknow

I am employed at WAP for your info we are hearing alot of "rumors" on layoffs and plant placement and I cant get any firm answer from our Union (surprise surprise) so I thought I would ask folks who are at Saline. We had several groups over the last couple of months come to your facility. You hear so many tales on the line we are laying off workers cause of over manpower, sales, line ,etc. So I was just wondering how many folks are still headed there or if you still had temps. I dont work for the Newspaper although if sales tank and GM and Chyrsler go under maybe that could be my next job. With all the things that go on in the plant maybe a Novel writer called "Plant Life-The Good The Bad The Poor" thanks for the idea but until I get the right pens any information you have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Most i can tell you is i'm number 701 on the list and i'm going next week. the list was about 840 people when i saw it. no one at saline i doubt will give you a firm answer. good luck.

You where right SU-FI I got the call today to report May 4th.SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!! Hopefully after the buy outs everybody will have a home and no one will be on ILO. Edited by TAC511

Good call Brother---I reported this dickhead this morning. CUBAR--- :headscratch::hysterical:

Excuse me "brother" are you referring to me as to being a reporter and did you say you reported me this morning. For your information I am a hourly employee of Ford at WAP!! If you would have read other posts you would have know that. Like I have said over and over I am just trying to figure out what's going on and I do not see anything wrong with trying to get the most information that is out there since a "sister" cant seem to get her own union to give me a solid answer. Sorry for trying to stay as informed as possible.

Do I have to give my gobal ID number as proof I hope that isnt the case. :reading:

Keep it classy asswipe!!!

Edited by Wanna2NTheknow

Excuse me "brother" are you referring to me as to being a reporter and did you say you reported me this morning. For your information I am a hourly employee of Ford at WAP!! If you would have read other posts you would have know that. Like I have said over and over I am just trying to figure out what's going on and I do not see anything wrong with trying to get the most information that is out there since a "sister" cant seem to get her own union to give me a solid answer. Sorry for trying to stay as informed as possible.

Do I have to give my gobal ID number as proof I hope that isnt the case. :reading:

Keep it classy asswipe!!!

Well Ma'am---please represent yourself a little better than what you have till now. We have been hashing all this info for ever. Go back and read all the posts and please remember that you can't come busting in here without getting your ass tagged! Sorry your not feeling warm and fuzzy with your local union---and by the way "asswipe" is the least classy thing I can think of comin' from a "ladies" response. :finger:

Edited by Pulse

You where right SU-FI I got the call today to report May 4th.SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!! Hopefully after the buy outs everybody will have a home and no one will be on ILO.

i dont know where your coming from,i came from rottonville and this place seems a hell of alot more proffesional than my previous plant,they were too tied up with hiding people from the A list to do things right. example, the trucking bid last june that you were supposed to have your endorsements by june 21 to qualify for bid,it didnt take long for joel to start promising that job to his buddies,you knew that deal was going to be rigged when they werent checking for qualifications by the deadline,sure enough joels buds ended up getting the job. this local even knows how to use their e mail,in two weeks i have received about 5 mails,updates,negotiated oil changes and other stuff.the medical dept. seems pretty good also,a real doc. hell you can even ask this chairman a question without getting looked down on. hopefully something will change and we will be afforded the op. to stay here

Edited by fatbass

i dont know where your coming from,i came from rottonville and this place seems a hell of alot more proffesional than my previous plant,they were too tied up with hiding people from the A list to do things right. example, the trucking bid last june that you were supposed to have your endorsements by june 21 to qualify for bid,it didnt take long for joel to start promising that job to his buddies,you knew that deal was going to be rigged when they werent checking for qualifications by the deadline,sure enough joels buds ended up getting the job. this local even knows how to use their e mail,in two weeks i have received about 5 mails,updates,negotiated oil changes and other stuff.the medical dept. seems pretty good also,a real doc. hell you can even ask this chairman a question without getting looked down on. hopefully something will change and we will be afforded the op. to stay here

Yeah---the "take over" company will probably offer you a sweet deal. Fatbass, I have been with you on a few topics, but not this one. Those poor bastards in the plant that represented you, have bent over backwards to do a good job. They ain't perfect, but they are better than 99.9% of others. I ain't mad at you. But I have listened to other stories applauding our Reps. After everyone comes back to Rawsonville, we should try to get a "welcome home" party started. :bandance:

Yeah---the "take over" company will probably offer you a sweet deal. Fatbass, I have been with you on a few topics, but not this one. Those poor bastards in the plant that represented you, have bent over backwards to do a good job. They ain't perfect, but they are better than 99.9% of others. I ain't mad at you. But I have listened to other stories applauding our Reps. After everyone comes back to Rawsonville, we should try to get a "welcome home" party started. :bandance:

pulse,there are more than one persons on here who have identified your i.d .i dont have a problem with you,but you cant say that anything i outlined about raws is not true. you have not seen things thru the same eyes that i have.i got in thru lottery and that person retired within months of my hire in,i didnt know anybody other than a smattering of people i went to school with.i have seen alot of shit in that plant that just wasnt right and i am not alone.that being said if raws recalls me and saline is not blue oval again,hell yeah im coming back.if saline is taken back and i have the op. to stay i will.ive seen enough of the nepotisim and other shit at raws. that being said after 11.5 years at saline those people can probably say the same thing about their plant,but the things ive outlined about both are facts,not ramblings from somebody that is pissed about having been laid off. hell i liked being off and getting paid. oh and by the way,the way the trucking deal was handled over the last few bids has pissed more people off than just me,i never once heard of a driving school being set up out back,that should have been solicited by sen. just like bids,not word of mouth,word of mouth is a qoute from a former barg. rep. there are several people out there with less time than me and i could drive a truck before i hired in from prev. job. just needed license