ORANGE Tradesmen working while Blue Employees on Unemployment?

Masterchief

Back when the Ford Milan and Saline Plants were transferred from Visteon to ACH and slated to be sold, both had potential buyers. These plants offered buyouts and a number of skilled Trade Journeymen took those buyouts and were rehired at the new lower "Orange Employee wage". But oops the buyers backed out and no longer wish to purchase those 2 ACH plants. Now FORD has said they will take Milan and Saline back for the rest of the contract.

In the mean time, seniority employees are being placed on unemployment and SUB pay, accruing no time towards retirement while "orange" Tradesmen are working in FORD plants. This is not right. If you wish to voice your concern, I suggest you contact Vice President Bob King @ 313 926-5000 or Don Jividen @ 313 926-5451. My Building Chairman is trying his level best to influence a change, but it seems as if it is falling on deaf or maybe uncaring ears.

:redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard:

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

In the mean time, seniority employees are being placed on unemployment and SUB pay, accruing no time towards retirement while "orange" Tradesmen are working in FORD plants.

They are ACH plants, not Ford plants.

However, I do agree with you. Blue employees should take precedence in ACH plants until they are sold. Just as the Orange employees are currently being moved out of Saline, so should they at Milan, both skilled and production.

They are ACH plants, not Ford plants.

However, I do agree with you. Blue employees should take precedence in ACH plants until they are sold. Just as the Orange employees are currently being moved out of Saline, so should they at Milan, both skilled and production.

And all of the ACH plants that have Orange working in them as well. Doesnt matter if they are ACh or not. Saline is taking in Blue. There will still be more prod. and 400+ trades on ILO as JSP ends. They should have the opportunity to go to one of those plants b-4 being forced to production. We will see if our IUAW does the right thing.

This is an example of what is wrong with IUAW. Now we have union members out of work because our international allowed Ford to divide its plants and sell them. Now that it hasnt worked for Ford, our union should have told Ford that these plants will again be Ford/UAW representated plants.

I was reading this months issue of Solidarity and there was an article in it about the UAW organizing janitorial services at Ford, GM and Chrysler. This is really a slap in our face, these jobs were ours and the union allowed the company to outsource them for half our pay and little to no benefits and now they are boasting how they orginized them. I think its high time our union gets out of bed with the companies and starts representing the membership.

Back when the Ford Milan and Saline Plants were transferred from Visteon to ACH and slated to be sold, both had potential buyers. These plants offered buyouts and a number of skilled Trade Journeymen took those buyouts and were rehired at the new lower "Orange Employee wage". But oops the buyers backed out and no longer wish to purchase those 2 ACH plants. Now FORD has said they will take Milan and Saline back for the rest of the contract.

In the mean time, seniority employees are being placed on unemployment and SUB pay, accruing no time towards retirement while "orange" Tradesmen are working in FORD plants. This is not right. If you wish to voice your concern, I suggest you contact Vice President Bob King @ 313 926-5000 or Don Jividen @ 313 926-5451. My Building Chairman is trying his level best to influence a change, but it seems as if it is falling on deaf or maybe uncaring ears.

:redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard:

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Possibly before you post you would gather all the facts. First of all I will agree Saline has 1 "Orange Tradesman" he is working in the Power House. Now correct me if I am wrong but last I checked there are no laid off or displaced Power House Operators in the system. If there are it is because they have turned down opportunities to go elsewhere. Before you stir the pot at least have the courtesy to have all of your facts.

Possibly before you post you would gather all the facts. First of all I will agree Saline has 1 "Orange Tradesman" he is working in the Power House. Now correct me if I am wrong but last I checked there are no laid off or displaced Power House Operators in the system. If there are it is because they have turned down opportunities to go elsewhere. Before you stir the pot at least have the courtesy to have all of your facts.

Beat me to it. :shades:

Beat me to it. :shades:

I was sitting here reading this thinking, we don't have ANY orange tradesmen at Saline. But I did forget about that guy in the powerhouse. Wow people are really trying to stir the pot on the trades at the ACH plants. I understand the frustration of the laid off tradesmen, but there isn't anything going on at Saline that shouldn't be regarding the trades, so you guys might as well end the witch hunt right now. It just isn't true....any of it. All of us, save that one guy in the powerhouse, are full blue employees and just hoping to keep our jobs since we're slated to close or be sold. It's just by the grace of God that we're still working here.

Edited by fordguy61mi

I was sitting here reading this thinking, we don't have ANY orange tradesmen at Saline. But I did forget about that guy in the powerhouse. Wow people are really trying to stir the pot on the trades at the ACH plants. I understand the frustration of the laid off tradesmen, but there isn't anything going on at Saline that shouldn't be regarding the trades, so you guys might as well end the witch hunt right now. It just isn't true....any of it. All of us, save that one guy in the powerhouse, are full blue employees and just hoping to keep our jobs since we're slated to close or be sold. It's just by the grace of God that we're still working here.

I apologize if my information is incorrect but this is only the Saline plant, where is MILAN's stats? My souirce is an engineer working at Saline and she stated she has retired and bought out tradesmen working in her area of responsibility. If that is wrong, I am sorry. I hope that your transitition through this miriad of stupidity is easier in 2011 when the contract is up and Milan and Saline are back in the same boat as we are in currently.

Bottom Line, There should be NO Orange or Contractors in plants operating under the Blue Oval while seniority employees are on Unemployment?SUB/or TAP>

I apologize if my information is incorrect but this is only the Saline plant, where is MILAN's stats? My souirce is an engineer working at Saline and she stated she has retired and bought out tradesmen working in her area of responsibility. If that is wrong, I am sorry. I hope that your transitition through this miriad of stupidity is easier in 2011 when the contract is up and Milan and Saline are back in the same boat as we are in currently.

Bottom Line, There should be NO Orange or Contractors in plants operating under the Blue Oval while seniority employees are on Unemployment?SUB/or TAP>

My guess is this person is about as good at engineering as she is at passing along information. Just to clarify no one who took a buyout at Saline was ever allowed to return as a production or trades employee. There have been a couple of production employees who came back as contract salaried employees. Hope this helps your heartburn.

Masterchief, Saline is NOT under the Blue Oval. It is NOT a Ford plant. Yes, some Ford employees are being loaned there, but it is NOT a Ford plant.

My guess is this person is about as good at engineering as she is at passing along information. Just to clarify no one who took a buyout at Saline was ever allowed to return as a production or trades employee. There have been a couple of production employees who came back as contract salaried employees. Hope this helps your heartburn.

ive been stewing about this for about 3 years, a prod. employee at sheldon took the retirement buyout and never missed a day.went back as a temp. on his "good job" and preffered shift.now i never thought this was right,you take a buyout your done,if they need people to replace people that left,hire off of the steeet,alot of people need a job,you took buyout (quit or retired).now that jsp has been done in and sub has been reduced significantily for the people that will be needing it (under 10 years) and some of these people are still working this just aint right

This is truly a slap in the face to all of the Ford Workers who in good faith signed the posting and were told that they were going to saline. I am one of those workers. There is no way that these transfers should be taking so long. I have an article dated Tuesday December 23, 2008 from the ann arbor news business section that clearly states that Up to 830 ach workers to be replaced by ford workers at the saline plant. So when I keep hearing from the Uaw and Don Jividen about the warn act it makes me sick. The union and the orange employees have known that they were going to be replaced since november 2008. This article even states that the orange employees were to be let go in January. There are people in ILO that should be working right now. I don't know who the uaw is protecting, but is sure is not the ford workers who have supported them for years. Again if they were not going to transfer people to saline, they should have never posted the jobs. At the rate that this is going, the saline transfers and the people in ILO will not be placed until the end of summer. :finger:

This is truly a slap in the face to all of the Ford Workers who in good faith signed the posting and were told that they were going to saline. I am one of those workers. There is no way that these transfers should be taking so long. I have an article dated Tuesday December 23, 2008 from the ann arbor news business section that clearly states that Up to 830 ach workers to be replaced by ford workers at the saline plant. So when I keep hearing from the Uaw and Don Jividen about the warn act it makes me sick. The union and the orange employees have known that they were going to be replaced since november 2008. This article even states that the orange employees were to be let go in January. There are people in ILO that should be working right now. I don't know who the uaw is protecting, but is sure is not the ford workers who have supported them for years. Again if they were not going to transfer people to saline, they should have never posted the jobs. At the rate that this is going, the saline transfers and the people in ILO will not be placed until the end of summer. :finger:

Just my opinion but, Saline has elections coming up, and if I were a chairman who advised people that they should leave Saline if they wanted a job, while the more experienced guy who wants to run against me told people to stay? I might want to hold off on getting these people back till after the election.

As far as trades if there are guys on the street (UAW members from other plants) who aren't working, and Saline trades are working 7/12's and there are contractors working in there because trades can't keep up, I would say that they could probobaly use the help.

Just my opinion but, Saline has elections coming up, and if I were a chairman who advised people that they should leave Saline if they wanted a job, while the more experienced guy who wants to run against me told people to stay? I might want to hold off on getting these people back till after the election.

As far as trades if there are guys on the street (UAW members from other plants) who aren't working, and Saline trades are working 7/12's and there are contractors working in there because trades can't keep up, I would say that they could probobaly use the help.

No one is working 7/12's at Saline. We're not getting much overtime at all right now.

Edited by fordguy61mi

Masterchief, Saline is NOT under the Blue Oval. It is NOT a Ford plant. Yes, some Ford employees are being loaned there, but it is NOT a Ford plant.

Its a Ford responsibility until it closes on a sale. And there are still Ford employees there that are not on loan. Just because you want to separate it changes nothing.

And all of the ACH plants that have Orange working in them as well. Doesnt matter if they are ACh or not. Saline is taking in Blue. There will still be more prod. and 400+ trades on ILO as JSP ends. They should have the opportunity to go to one of those plants b-4 being forced to production. We will see if our IUAW does the right thing.

Look everyone going to Saline is taken care of as of right now. If you havent started yet I am sure that you will be soon.

I only know of 2 Electrician's that were hired back . They worked at MSP. One retired the other took a buy out. They are now working at Milan.

From what I was told most of production at Milan is orange. When will they be replacing orange with blue at Milan. With so many of us out on ILO this can not come soon enough. My Sub clock is ticking and it can not be reset.

Edited by whiteford

It is terrible you are getting sick hearing about the Warn Act but fact of the matter is it is a Federal Law not a UAW protection rule. http://www.doleta.gov/layoff/warn.cfm. The reason for bringing in people 50 at a time is because of training required to position new people on the jobs of Orange employees being displaced by the Ford loans. To bring in 830 new people all at once would have been extremely detrimental to the operations of the plant. This same law would protect you if you were in the same situation. There have been previous Warn letters served but since everything was not yet in place to start the transfers specifically the postings had not yet gone up to give you the opportunity to transfer those letters expired and had to be resubmitted. No one is trying to screw any good Ford employee out of the opportunity to transfer it just takes time. Remember several months ago this was not even an option but with the elimination of JSP the IUAW took steps to protect workers like yourself and create an opening so you could keep working. People are quick to attack the Orange employees but they are also dues paying members some who have been working for over 2 years at substandard wages with virtually no benefits in all of the ACH plants. These people are well aware they will be losing their jobs so you may continue to be employed and they have no SUB or job protection. So I ask before you refer to them like they are any less stressed than any of us Ford employees remember they are just trying to feed their families like you and I. You will get there Brother just be patient.

First of all I am not attacking orange employees, nor their rights to feed their families. Get that straight!! All I am saying is that Ford and the Uaw had plenty of time to prepare for the Ford transfers before they even posted the jobs. Thank God that I am working, but because I have not been moved to Saline like I was told I would be, there is someone, somewhere sitting off on ILO waiting to be put to work in my spot! Also I have worked for Ford for a number of years, and this will be my 4th plant, so I know damn well from first hand experience that Saline can take more than 35 to 50 people per week!! Everytime someone posts that the Uaw should be doing what they said they would do it is construed as an attack against someone else. Get a clue! I'm sorry that people will be losing their jobs, but at the same time, I am not the enemy! I don't own the company, nor did I post the job openings!!! While the orange employees are working, there are UAW DUES PAYING MEMBERS THAT HAVE WAY MORE THAN TWO YEARS waiting to get back to work. :banghead:

First of all I am not attacking orange employees, nor their rights to feed their families. Get that straight!! All I am saying is that Ford and the Uaw had plenty of time to prepare for the Ford transfers before they even posted the jobs. Thank God that I am working, but because I have not been moved to Saline like I was told I would be, there is someone, somewhere sitting off on ILO waiting to be put to work in my spot! Also I have worked for Ford for a number of years, and this will be my 4th plant, so I know damn well from first hand experience that Saline can take more than 35 to 50 people per week!! Everytime someone posts that the Uaw should be doing what they said they would do it is construed as an attack against someone else. Get a clue! I'm sorry that people will be losing their jobs, but at the same time, I am not the enemy! I don't own the company, nor did I post the job openings!!! While the orange employees are working, there are UAW DUES PAYING MEMBERS THAT HAVE WAY MORE THAN TWO YEARS waiting to get back to work. :banghead:

Saline is not the one who is holding up AAI or employees from any other facility from transferring. Those facilities are holding you because they do not have the backfills for you lined up. I have read your other post and have come to the conclusion you are an angry man who would not be satisfied no matter how it was handled. Sorry if the truth hurts but that's the way it is.

You seem to be so busy trying to defend the actions of Saline instead of being concerned about union brothers that are out of work!!! You sound so angry, maybe some of the orange employees are some of your relatives or friends. Again I am working, but I do happen to be concerned about hundreds of UAW-FORD workers that are not!!! You seem to be so unconcerned about others that are being screwed including production and tradesmen. What kind of a person are you! Are you going to pay their bills when sub & tap runs out? Do you care that there are UAW-FORD people that have been off work for months and some years? That is the real TRUTH!!! :happy feet:

The saline plant brought millwrights over here and the only were here a week from jsp. Something happened down town and they wanted them gone. There are a ton of politics in this crap. It happened right before the new contract language came out so who knows what the true story is.

Listen buddy, Your full of shit. I just talked to 2 tradesman that are on 7 /12s Right now. AT SALINE so stop blowing smoke up our laid off asses.

I'm not going to get in a pissing match with you. I was simply telling you what was going on here. You can choose to believe it or not.

The saline plant brought millwrights over here and the only were here a week from jsp. Something happened down town and they wanted them gone. There are a ton of politics in this crap. It happened right before the new contract language came out so who knows what the true story is.

I was told that the company did not want the MW there they had contractors in there to do that work. I was also told that Saline lost a large number of skilled trades through buy out's & retirement and that they were not replaced. I believe that number was around 100. More than likely the plant manager is the one that would be behind this.