Trades to production??

Just asking a question , but how can I as a Tool and Diemaker with 13 years be forced to choose to go back to production when there are other Tool and Diemakers working with less seniority than me in other Ford plants?? Doesnt sound fair!! Also do we lose our pay and do we get to sign a skilled bid while on production?? If anyone can answer Id appreciate it.Thanks in advance..

Just asking a question , but how can I as a Tool and Diemaker with 13 years be forced to choose to go back to production when there are other Tool and Diemakers working with less seniority than me in other Ford plants?? Doesnt sound fair!! Also do we lose our pay and do we get to sign a skilled bid while on production?? If anyone can answer Id appreciate it.Thanks in advance..

If there are openings this would keep you off the street, if there are production jobs and no one to fill them then yes you would be forced to fill that opening by low seniority. You would lose pay, but be on the list to return to your trade by seniority....you would remain on the list as if you were laid off on the street!

...........You would lose pay, but be on the list to return to your trade by seniority....

Yep. But if you are, say, the highest sen. T&D on ILO , there will have to be an opening for you to get a bid and be placed. In the mean time that 5 yr, 10 yr and 12 yr T&D keeps on working in zone, with full pay. And in 9 months you start getting half SUB pay. Hope you have a hellava emergency fund. And in prod. along with COLA, you'll be dealing with about $200/wk less. Good luck. But just remember, "Be thankful you have a job".

Yep. But if you are, say, the highest sen. T&D on ILO , there will have to be an opening for you to get a bid and be placed. In the mean time that 5 yr, 10 yr and 12 yr T&D keeps on working in zone, with full pay. And in 9 months you start getting half SUB pay. Hope you have a hellava emergency fund. And in prod. along with COLA, you'll be dealing with about $200/wk less. Good luck. But just remember, "Be thankful you have a job".

Thanks for the "what if" scenario, and you are correct.....but that wasn't his question!!

I was told by the skilled trade bargainer and the building chairman that you will be offered the opportunity to go back to Production with your ford service date if you worked production previously if not, you take a new date. That this would not stop your opportunity to bid back into your trade if an opening occurs that your seniority would get you. The only down side is you get your sub pay will be based on a $5.00 cut for production rate; however you would be working and accruing time for retirement.(something you are not doing on ILO). Hope this helps, I am from Monroe also.

Seniority is always an issue. I feel that in the event of Plant closings, Seniority employees should have the right to bump lower seniority employees that are working. IN ZONE ONLY without any company relocation allowance. I know this sucks for the junior employees, but seniority has to stand for something....

I was told by the skilled trade bargainer and the building chairman that you will be offered the opportunity to go back to Production with your ford service date if you worked production previously if not, you take a new date. That this would not stop your opportunity to bid back into your trade if an opening occurs that your seniority would get you. The only down side is you get your sub pay will be based on a $5.00 cut for production rate; however you would be working and accruing time for retirement.(something you are not doing on ILO). Hope this helps, I am from Monroe also.

Seniority is always an issue. I feel that in the event of Plant closings, Seniority employees should have the right to bump lower seniority employees that are working. IN ZONE ONLY without any company relocation allowance. I know this sucks for the junior employees, but seniority has to stand for something....

Seniority does count for something. Unfortunately, you didn't sign one of at least two bid postings for pipefitter to exercise it. Instead of getting out of Monroe when you could you were content on sitting in the facilities office with your radio and surfing the internet. When you didn't want to go on jobs you threw other tradespeople under the bus while the boss was listening. Especially when you wanted to run home for lunch around 10:00 am never to come back to the plant unless called on the radio. And when you did go on jobs you had no problem with doing other people's work, no matter what trade.

Are you saying that they have jobs for us in production right now. Or do we have give up our trade with the slim chance of some how some day having a production job.

If there are openings this would keep you off the street, if there are production jobs and no one to fill them then yes you would be forced to fill that opening by low seniority. You would lose pay, but be on the list to return to your trade by seniority....you would remain on the list as if you were laid off on the street!

Thanks Captain723, appreciate the answer..Do i follow order after all production is aske or do I flow in order of my Ford senioity?

Are you saying that they have jobs for us in production right now. Or do we have give up our trade with the slim chance of some how some day having a production job.

There are no production jobs available as of now for trades to go to, You would enter the list with your Ford Seniority date (prior production) and wait for an opening while retaining your ability to bid on a trade position within your classification. But you will receive your SUB based on the lower production wage, not your skilled trade wage.

There are no production jobs available as of now for trades to go to, You would enter the list with your Ford Seniority date (prior production) and wait for an opening while retaining your ability to bid on a trade position within your classification. But you will receive your SUB based on the lower production wage, not your skilled trade wage.

This applies to trades who once worked production:

If you are skilled trades and have production seniority you will be able to bump back into production depending on your seniority.

For example: a machine repairman with 20 years seniority who is laid off can bump back into production at his plant if there is someone currently working with less than 20 years.

You will also be able to bid on jobs in your trade to return to skilled trades.

Edited by Hard Driver

This applies to trades who once worked production:

If you are skilled trades and have production seniority you will be able to bump back into production depending on your seniority.

For example: a machine repairman with 20 years seniority who is laid off can bump back into production at his plant if there is someone currently working with less than 20 years.

You will also be able to bid on jobs in your trade to return to skilled trades.

Thank you for answering, but my plant is closed.

Seniority does count for something. Unfortunately, you didn't sign one of at least two bid postings for pipefitter to exercise it. Instead of getting out of Monroe when you could you were content on sitting in the facilities office with your radio and surfing the internet. When you didn't want to go on jobs you threw other tradespeople under the bus while the boss was listening. Especially when you wanted to run home for lunch around 10:00 am never to come back to the plant unless called on the radio. And when you did go on jobs you had no problem with doing other people's work, no matter what trade.

:reading: :hysterical:

:reading: :hysterical:

I wasn't going to dignify this with an answer, but I feel like I must now. Get over it joined the forums yesterday and the first thing he can do is disparage a fellow local union member. That alone should say buckets for his credibility. I was assigned to facilities job, I didn't ask or want it. I was very happy working in my assigned area for the boss I had. The supervisor and Maintenance superintendent that put me in facilities did so for a reason. They had no problem with my work ethic nor the output, amount, or quality of my work. But apparently Get Over it does.

His information is invalid as I did sign up for transfer and even the temporary postings within zone. In his rant he complains I didn't do my job but threw other tradesmen under the bus, yet did other trades work. Which is it / Did I do Nothing, or did I do everything. The other trades work that I did do, was refrigeration, which the 2 afore mentioned bosses sent me to school to learn and do after or refrigeration man was called back to the blue oval. I admit to doing his work, as there was no one else there that did it. But This was all cleared with the Local Union and every trade got a piece of the refrigeration work. Just as they did when Tradesmen where stabbing each other trying to grab the Oiler work when the company allowed all of them to take buy outs or retirements and did not replace them,.

Bottom line he needs to get some advice from his own Handle and GET OVER IT!

They had no problem with my work ethic nor the output, amount, or quality of my work.

But the guy that fired you from Detroit Edison did, right?

The other trades work that I did do, was refrigeration, which the 2 afore mentioned bosses sent me to school to learn and do after or refrigeration man was called back to the blue oval.

Changing fuses and getting into electrical panels has nothing to do with your refrigeration scam.

So I lose money just saying Ill accept a production job? They dont wait to see if i even get one. What happened to nobody taking a paycut in the new contract? Its a tough choice, I wanna go back to work but dont want to sit unemployed making $5-$6 less an hour....Nobody has called yet so I guess Ill just wait and see, its already been 1 year laid off, time flies!!!!!!Thanks to all who responded

But the guy that fired you from Detroit Edison did, right?

Changing fuses and getting into electrical panels has nothing to do with your refrigeration scam.

This is exactly the problem. You have to take a pay cut first, only to find there are no jobs. So you are now laid-off at production pay still without a job.

And dont forget the appr turning out and still working while your are laid off.

The they seem to find a new way to f**k you at every turn.

Edited by uawfactoryrat

This is exactly the problem. You have to take a pay cut first, only to find there are no jobs. So you are now laid-off at production pay still without a job.

And dont forget the appr turning out and still working while your are laid off.

The they seem to find a new way to f**k you at every turn.

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!