Corker & Gregg criticize aid for auto suppliers

I believe AIG has some connection to the Government Pension Plan.....may be why they keep getting whatever they ask for without a ??? being asked. I also noticed that the show that Obama was on with Leno....you know the one that was TAPED a while back...had Obama being 'outraged" at the AIG bonuses being payed... How did he know that they were getting bonuses BEFORE they got them ????????? And he was outraged.. yeah OK.

These 2 fucking morons were probably on the bonus list from AIG.

The Real AIG Conspiracy

Here’s the problem with all the hoopla over the $135 million in AIG bonuses: This sum is only less than 0.1 per cent – one thousandth – of the $183 BILLION that the U.S. Treasury gave to AIG as a “pass-through” to its counterparties. This sum, over a thousand times the magnitude of the bonuses on which public attention is conveniently being focused by Wall Street promoters, did not stay with AIG. For over six months, the public media and Congressmen have been trying to find out just where this money DID go. Bloomberg brought a lawsuit to find out. Only to be met with a wall of silence.

Until finally, on Sunday night, March 15, the government finally released the details. They were indeed highly embarrassing. The largest recipient turned out to be just what earlier financial reports had rumored: Paulson’s own firm, Goldman Sachs, headed the list. It was owed $13 billion in counterparty claims. Here’s the picture that’s emerging. Last September, Treasury Secretary Paulson, from Goldman Sachs, drew up a terse 3-page memo outlining his bailout proposal. The plan specified that whatever he and other Treasury officials did (thus including his subordinates, also from Goldman Sachs), could not be challenged legally or undone, much less prosecuted. This condition enraged Congress, which rejected the bailout in its first incarnation.

It now looks as if Paulson had good reason to put in a fatal legal clause blocking any clawback of funds given by the Treasury to AIG’s counterparties. This is where public outrage should be focused.

The question is "Did they get the loans?" YES

No matter what the GOP says they cannot stop anything. nothing. And GM and Chrysler will get as much $$ as Obama and the fed want to give them and Shelby and Corker can cry all they want.

Funny how Gregg suddenly is against it. I guess he is running to the right now but come 2010 he will be replaced by a democrat as will Voinovich, Bond, the senator from Kansas and Floorida will all be replaced by 4 democrats in 2010. Giving them a super majority in both house and senate so let them run there pie holes because in the end there going down.

Gregg and Shelby have probably gotten so much hate mail from people related to the American auto industry that they will go to their graves hating us. I could care less as long as they go to their graves soon!

Them boys sure are some good ole Americans (in the pockets of foreign countries!).

I believe AIG has some connection to the Government Pension Plan.....may be why they keep getting whatever they ask for without a ??? being asked. I also noticed that the show that Obama was on with Leno....you know the one that was TAPED a while back...had Obama being 'outraged" at the AIG bonuses being payed... How did he know that they were getting bonuses BEFORE they got them ????????? And he was outraged.. yeah OK.

Exactly what do you call a while back? That show was taped the same day (Thursday 3/19/2009) only a few hours before the broadcast.