Local Hyundai dealer sales promotion

NickF1011

Local Antwerpen Hyundai is doing a "Buy-one-car-get-an-Accent-or-Tiburon for $1" sales promotion. Just thought that was pretty funny. And people want to buy they're next luxury car from these clowns?? :lol:

Fairly common promotion where you pay sticker (no rebates) for a pricey car and they give you another either for $1 or for free.

Fitzgerald Auto Malls in the DC area sells Veracruzes no-haggle at about $9,500 off sticker. If Antwerpen can clear two slow-selling vehicles off its lot in one go, without giving up much extra discount, the deal works great for them. But consumers can generally get the same price for buying two cars separately.

Fairly common promotion where you pay sticker (no rebates) for a pricey car and they give you another either for $1 or for free.

I still don't see how the dealer comes out on top in this sort of thing. The ad said you could buy one Tiburon and get another Tiburon for $1. It's not like they were requiring you to buy a loaded Sonata or a Genesis. Profit margins on cars like the Tiburon have to be pretty slim already as it is.

I've seen this from pretty much every manufacturer at some dealer at one time or another...Does that make Ford clowns now? ;)

I never said Ford has never done it.

I will say I doubt Lincoln, BMW, Mercedes, or any other luxury brand has stooped to such tactics though.

I never said Ford has never done it.

I will say I doubt Lincoln, BMW, Mercedes, or any other luxury brand has stooped to such tactics though.

Well a lincoln dealer did it.. it was a buy a blackwood at sticker price and get a cougar for free. That was when they were giving like $20K off of the price of blackwoods.

Well a lincoln dealer did it.. it was a buy a blackwood at sticker price and get a cougar for free. That was when they were giving like $20K off of the price of blackwoods.

:lol: Ahhh, the Blackwood. And well, they were only giving away a lowly Mercury, not another Lincoln. ;)

Reminds me of some kind of bar promotion. Before you know it, they'll be having "Ladies Night" down at the local Hyundai...

See you there!! :beerchug:

As seen on TV:

Salesman: "Excuse me sir, may I help you with your new Hyundai purchase?"

I look at Tom...

"Hyundai purchase?"

Tom: "Uh...actually...we're just here for the Bud Light..."

I still don't see how the dealer comes out on top in this sort of thing. The ad said you could buy one Tiburon and get another Tiburon for $1. It's not like they were requiring you to buy a loaded Sonata or a Genesis. Profit margins on cars like the Tiburon have to be pretty slim already as it is.

That's different, yes. Though there's presumably some catch.