2010 Fusion Sport AWD

svtenthusiast

Well, after a long awaited time, my pre-order 2010 Fusion Sport AWD has arrived. I ordered this car back on November 15th, when all we had was press release pictures of the car. This is the first car that I have ordered without driving or seeing in person. It's been one of the toughest, but exciting experiences that I have had. So far I am very pleased with the quality and the attention to detail Ford has put into this car. The low noise level created by the addition small items such as the acoustic glass front windshield and the additional sound deadening in the roof and floor also lends to the quality of the vehicle.

The features I am most impressed with so far is the awsome LED backlit gauge cluster, the next-gen navigation system with backup camera, and the BLIS (Blind Spot Information System). I haven't had much time to play with the Sony sound system or SelectShift automatic yet, but first impression of those are positive also. I wasn't sure about the sport blue exterior color, but now that I have seen it in person, I am happy with my decision. I also chose the sport blue inserts in the seats, I think I would of liked them a little darker blue than they are. I do like the blue trim pieces on the dash more than I thought I would. They have an anodized, rubber finish to them which gives a higher quality touch than plastic. The dash and door trim are all soft touch and give a great impression.

Again, I commend Ford on their attention to detail on the redesigned 2010 Fusion. Little things make a big difference such as the "welcome" sequence on the gauge cluster when you open the drivers door, and then continues when you turn the key in the ignition. The new warning chime system is a great suprise, as is the auto-up drivers window. Additional changes to make the interior quietier and more functional. Also, giving us the option to package the car with higher end equipment not found on other cars in this class, let alone most luxury vehicles.

As other people have said, pictures do not do the 2010 Fusion justice. You have to see it in person, and it's a very nice progressional design in my opinion. Much more aggressive, and looks substantial, confident, and noticable on the road. I think and hope this becomes a sales hit for Ford. Today was the first drive into work with the car, and today was also the first day I saw another 2010 Fusion on the road. That's a great sign this early in the game!

post-27929-1239198979_thumb.jpg

post-27929-1239198990_thumb.jpg

post-27929-1239199018_thumb.jpg

post-27929-1239199063_thumb.jpg

post-27929-1239199081_thumb.jpg

post-27929-1239199109_thumb.jpg

post-27929-1239199127_thumb.jpg

post-27929-1239199155_thumb.jpg

post-27929-1239199161_thumb.jpg

Well, after a long awaited time, my pre-order 2010 Fusion Sport AWD has arrived. I ordered this car back on November 15th, when all we had was press release pictures of the car. This is the first car that I have ordered without driving or seeing in person. It's been one of the toughest, but exciting experiences that I have had. So far I am very pleased with the quality and the attention to detail Ford has put into this car. The low noise level created by the addition small items such as the acoustic glass front windshield and the additional sound deadening in the roof and floor also lends to the quality of the vehicle.

The features I am most impressed with so far is the awsome LED backlit gauge cluster, the next-gen navigation system with backup camera, and the BLIS (Blind Spot Information System). I haven't had much time to play with the Sony sound system or SelectShift automatic yet, but first impression of those are positive also. I wasn't sure about the sport blue exterior color, but now that I have seen it in person, I am happy with my decision. I also chose the sport blue inserts in the seats, I think I would of liked them a little darker blue than they are. I do like the blue trim pieces on the dash more than I thought I would. They have an anodized, rubber finish to them which gives a higher quality touch than plastic. The dash and door trim are all soft touch and give a great impression.

Again, I commend Ford on their attention to detail on the redesigned 2010 Fusion. Little things make a big difference such as the "welcome" sequence on the gauge cluster when you open the drivers door, and then continues when you turn the key in the ignition. The new warning chime system is a great suprise, as is the auto-up drivers window. Additional changes to make the interior quietier and more functional. Also, giving us the option to package the car with higher end equipment not found on other cars in this class, let alone most luxury vehicles.

As other people have said, pictures do not do the 2010 Fusion justice. You have to see it in person, and it's a very nice progressional design in my opinion. Much more aggressive, and looks substantial, confident, and noticable on the road. I think and hope this becomes a sales hit for Ford. Today was the first drive into work with the car, and today was also the first day I saw another 2010 Fusion on the road. That's a great sign this early in the game!

3 words...

hot, hot, hot!!!

3 words...

hot, hot, hot!!!

Thank you! I agree!

Wait.

I think I just found a deal-breaker on this car. That fugly fugly fugly fugly fugly keypad on the door. :redcard:

Well, I guess you will have to order without the 402A package, which includes the keypad. At least they are painting them body color now, I like the look of it.

Well, I guess you will have to order without the 402A package, which includes the keypad. At least they are painting them body color now, I like the look of it.

Yeah, but I want pretty much everything else included in the 402A Rapid Spec. Hrmmm. I like the concept of the keypad, I just hate Ford's execution of it until the iteration they came up with on the MKS/'10 Taurus. I can't wait for that design to trickle into the rest of the lineup.

Yeah, but I want pretty much everything else included in the 402A Rapid Spec. Hrmmm. I like the concept of the keypad, I just hate Ford's execution of it until the iteration they came up with on the MKS/'10 Taurus. I can't wait for that design to trickle into the rest of the lineup.

Yea, I agree with the new design being better, but I guess I don't mind the look of the old design either. Just personal preference. ;)

Beautiful car. Again, good luck.

By the way it does have the chrome accent on the trunk lid. I like that. It gives a wider impression to the rear.

Louis M

Beautiful car. Again, good luck.

By the way it does have the chrome accent on the trunk lid. I like that. It gives a wider impression to the rear.

Louis M

Thanks, I am still on the fence about the chrome accent. I kind of liked the pictures that had the accent strip body color. I figure if it really bothers me enough I can get order the body color one from the SE model. That is, if it doesn't require modification because of the backup camera.

I have never seen such a realistic navigation screen in a car. Unfortunately it's on the driver's floor, but it sure looks great! Actually, thanks for the pictures. The local dealer has a few 2010 Fusion's in stock, according to the dealer's web site. Time permitting, I will check them out this weekend. Maybe the Easter Bunny will hide one in my back yard!

I have never seen such a realistic navigation screen in a car. Unfortunately it's on the driver's floor, but it sure looks great! Actually, thanks for the pictures. The local dealer has a few 2010 Fusion's in stock, according to the dealer's web site. Time permitting, I will check them out this weekend. Maybe the Easter Bunny will hide one in my back yard!

Great looking car. I almost wish I could change my color from silver to sport blue, but the die is cast. I like the keypad--though I've used it on my Edge maybe 10 times in two years. It's a lifesaver when you have an arm full and the keys are in the pocket where the armfull is. I didn't want all the intrusive electronics (lane change warning, etc), so opted out of the 402 pkg. I wanted navigation and the keypad, but the way Ford set it up, you got all that stuff for $4K, and I thought that was a little much to pay for a lot of stuff I didn't want. I found it a shame that you also had to get the big package to get automatic climate control and automatic lights, something I've had on all the gazillion Fords I've owned since the dark ages. $30K for a car without those options is ridiculous, but so be it.

The other night I was looking at a sport and it didn't have the chrome on the trunk lid. The car was black and it was optioned out at 401A with the rear sensor. I wonder if that option makes it not have chrome due to camara placement? By they way, how does the car sound, is it like the svt or is is flat

I ordered my 2010 Fusion Sport FWD at the end of February. It was released from the factory March 23rd put on a train on the 24th and arrived at my dealer on April 2nd. That's nine days from Hermisillo to Metro Detroit. I picked it up friday and thus far have around 500 miles on it. It is Tuxedo Black Metallic has the 402a package with charcoal inserts plus navigation. Before ordering I test drove the loaded versions of the Mazda 6, Honda Accord, Chevy Malibu and VW Passat. My parents have a Camry Hybrid so I'm very familiar with that car. I also drove my friends 08 Fusion SEL with the S package. The Fusion fit me the best but the others seemed to have nicer quality materials and were quieter. I read all about the upgrades to the 2010 and got a close look at one at the Detroit Auto Show. I came real close to buying the Mazda 6 but am glad I held out for the Fusion. The car is awesome. The interior is much quieter than the previous Fusion's. On asphalt it is eerily quiet. On concrete at freeway speeds there is a bit of tire noise which is to be expected with 18 inch lower profile tires. The seats are much more supportive than the 08 Fusion and the leather is nicer too. All the interior materials are much improved and softer to the touch. The navigation system is second to none. The Sony sound system is much better than I thought it would be. It crushes the Bose system in the Mazda 6. I'm averaging averaging 23.7 mpg with mixed city/highway driving which I expect to improve once the motor breaks in. Wait till you see the Tuxedo Black Metallic in person. It absolutely sparkles in direct sunlight. It looks so much better than the Tuxedo Black Clearcoat. The only problem so far is the ambient lighting for the footwells was never installed at the factory. The holes for the lights are there but the lights themselves are not.

James

The other night I was looking at a sport and it didn't have the chrome on the trunk lid. The car was black and it was optioned out at 401A with the rear sensor. I wonder if that option makes it not have chrome due to camara placement? By they way, how does the car sound, is it like the svt or is is flat

I second this question.. how does it sound????

I ordered my 2010 Fusion Sport FWD at the end of February. It was released from the factory March 23rd put on a train on the 24th and arrived at my dealer on April 2nd. That's nine days from Hermisillo to Metro Detroit. I picked it up friday and thus far have around 500 miles on it. It is Tuxedo Black Metallic has the 402a package with charcoal inserts plus navigation. Before ordering I test drove the loaded versions of the Mazda 6, Honda Accord, Chevy Malibu and VW Passat. My parents have a Camry Hybrid so I'm very familiar with that car. I also drove my friends 08 Fusion SEL with the S package. The Fusion fit me the best but the others seemed to have nicer quality materials and were quieter. I read all about the upgrades to the 2010 and got a close look at one at the Detroit Auto Show. I came real close to buying the Mazda 6 but am glad I held out for the Fusion. The car is awesome. The interior is much quieter than the previous Fusion's. On asphalt it is eerily quiet. On concrete at freeway speeds there is a bit of tire noise which is to be expected with 18 inch lower profile tires. The seats are much more supportive than the 08 Fusion and the leather is nicer too. All the interior materials are much improved and softer to the touch. The navigation system is second to none. The Sony sound system is much better than I thought it would be. It crushes the Bose system in the Mazda 6. I'm averaging averaging 23.7 mpg with mixed city/highway driving which I expect to improve once the motor breaks in. Wait till you see the Tuxedo Black Metallic in person. It absolutely sparkles in direct sunlight. It looks so much better than the Tuxedo Black Clearcoat. The only problem so far is the ambient lighting for the footwells was never installed at the factory. The holes for the lights are there but the lights themselves are not.

James

James, this sounds like the same combo I would order. Do you have any pictures you can post?

Edited by 89-Pony

I have gone to a few dealers and they have them on the lot but not inside so I can't really take a hard look at everything. I have a few questions for you. That door above the light switch on the left side is the the fuse box or a storage space (like the cotour had for change?), the sunroof sunshade, is it solid or or does it have lots of holes to let you run the roof open but the shade closed and allow air to get thru. BTW, car looks really good. After seeing yours, I am considering perhaps getting either the 402A package or perhaps the navagation system. Good luck with it.

I second this question.. how does it sound????

I think it's similar to the SVT contour when it gets above 3000 RPM, but to be fair, the SVT contour had one of the most sweet sounding engines of all time. I will get more of a feel for the sound comparison when I get more seat time in the car.

I think most of the engine sound is from the new intake system they have fitted to the engine. It has a intake pipe hidden behind the front grill to take cold air into the air filter box. When the car is at idle, standing at the rear of the car, the exhaust is very quiet. I am hoping it will get a little burble to it after it breaks in, but not everyone wants that.

I have gone to a few dealers and they have them on the lot but not inside so I can't really take a hard look at everything. I have a few questions for you. That door above the light switch on the left side is the the fuse box or a storage space (like the cotour had for change?), the sunroof sunshade, is it solid or or does it have lots of holes to let you run the roof open but the shade closed and allow air to get thru. BTW, car looks really good. After seeing yours, I am considering perhaps getting either the 402A package or perhaps the navagation system. Good luck with it.

The door above the light switch is a storage space. Don't know if I will use it for anything because change will rattle around in there.

The sunshade does not have any vents in it.

Thanks!