2010 Mustangs, All Black Interiors?

joihan777

I played with the idea of getting a 2010. But the website "Build your Ford" only has black interiors. The only interior color changes I found were the seats and door inserts.

There was no mention of tan or camel interiors or convertible tops.... just black.

Will there only be black interiors from now on? I hope not, I can't stand black interiors.

I played with the idea of getting a 2010. But the website "Build your Ford" only has black interiors. The only interior color changes I found were the seats and door inserts.

There was no mention of tan or camel interiors or convertible tops.... just black.

Will there only be black interiors from now on? I hope not, I can't stand black interiors.

HI joihan. :D For the interior you have a choice of "Stone" (sort of a medium gray) or Black. However, as you correctly stated even with the Stone interior, the dash and majority of the door panels are still black. The seats, door panel inserts and a portion of the "face" of the dash will be "Stone". I saw no Tan or "Camel" option.

This is the case with most new cars nowadays, even my MKZ. I have the "Light Stone" interior (a very light gray, almost white) interior and the dash and majority of the door panels are black. Even with a "Camel" interior, the dash will be mostly black. This is so that the top of the dash does not reflect and create glare in the windshield.

Same situation for the convertible roof. Choice of Stone or Black, although Stone is not available on a few of the exterior color. For the convertible roof colors, you have to hover your cursor over the "Roof Color" icon. I do not know why you did not see them when you looked, but they are there now on the "Build and Price" pages.

There were "Parchment" colors available for the Interior and Roof on the 2009 Mustang, but at least for now they are not available.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

• 2 weeks later...

RED SEATS!

The 2010 Mustang (04/25/09 Ann Arbor), first one I've seen in person, Bill Ford was not around but it did have manuf'r plates.

MUST1.jpg

MUST5.jpg

MUST2.jpg

MUST3.jpg

MUST4.jpg

Did I capture a glass roof targa?

YEEEEEEEEEHAAAAA

I just noticed it. I was in a rush to meet a client and now wish I got out of my truck to look over this bad boy.

Edited by kach22i

HI joihan. :D For the interior you have a choice of "Stone" (sort of a medium gray) or Black. However, as you correctly stated even with the Stone interior, the dash and majority of the door panels are still black. The seats, door panel inserts and a portion of the "face" of the dash will be "Stone". I saw no Tan or "Camel" option.

This is the case with most new cars nowadays, even my MKZ. I have the "Light Stone" interior (a very light gray, almost white) interior and the dash and majority of the door panels are black. Even with a "Camel" interior, the dash will be mostly black. This is so that the top of the dash does not reflect and create glare in the windshield.

Same situation for the convertible roof. Choice of Stone or Black, although Stone is not available on a few of the exterior color. For the convertible roof colors, you have to hover your cursor over the "Roof Color" icon. I do not know why you did not see them when you looked, but they are there now on the "Build and Price" pages.

There were "Parchment" colors available for the Interior and Roof on the 2009 Mustang, but at least for now they are not available.

Good luck. :beerchug:

RATS! There is NO WAY I'm gonna get a black (or grey) interior car... I've had 'em and didn't like 'em.

I SINCERELY hope puts real 'parchment' interiors/tops back into the mix. My 06 has parchment top/interior and it is perfect. I like the black top of the dash with the parchment starting halfway down. It looks real good. I have gotten buckets of compliments on my baby.

It would be a shame for Ford to copy imports in this worst way.