Foreign cars during my travels

Spent my recent DTP dwn wk in Virginia Beach area (weather was atrocious btw!) and just

wanted to report that the amount of new yodas,hondas,kias,hyundais etc on rd was

discouraging to say the least! Lots of Amer trucks (some tundras and titans too) overall...

but TONS of all kinds of very new and shiney japanese,korean AND german vehicles.

Not good. DC was awash in foreign cars as well. God help us!

Spent my recent DTP dwn wk in Virginia Beach area (weather was atrocious btw!) and just

wanted to report that the amount of new yodas,hondas,kias,hyundais etc on rd was

discouraging to say the least! Lots of Amer trucks (some tundras and titans too) overall...

but TONS of all kinds of very new and shiney japanese,korean AND german vehicles.

you step out of Michigan and all you see if foreign.. really makes you open your eyes..

its been that way for years!!! why do you think the Big 3 is in the mess they in they lost market share,you actually didn't believe our wages created this mess did you..

Let's not discourage this healthy dialog. Lots of folks are taking a stand. Let them speak!

People that drive foreign cars should be shot for committing treason.

did anyone here see the smart car and all the other small foreign cars on the news on wed night. They were doing crash tests on them against midsized cars and it was funny as hell, those tiny little things holy shit I'll never ride in one of them christ I'll drive a semi around before I drive one of them I don't care if Deisel Is $10 a gal!!!!!!

I was in the Ford dealership today getting my vehicle serviced. There were a few people in looking at new vehicles. It was encouraging. I noticed on my trip to the northeast way to many foreign cars. I'm getting mean about letting foreign cars in when a construction lane forces cars over. American vehicle, be my guest, foreign, you can wait.

I was in the Ford dealership today getting my vehicle serviced. There were a few people in looking at new vehicles. It was encouraging. I noticed on my trip to the northeast way to many foreign cars. I'm getting mean about letting foreign cars in when a construction lane forces cars over. American vehicle, be my guest, foreign, you can wait.

ME TOO. haha fuck em

How do you handle "American" imports like the PT cruiser and Fusion?

I say fuck'em unless it's another Ford...lol

How do you handle "American" imports like the PT cruiser and Fusion?

Hadn't thought about that much, but now that you've mentioned it ...no more slack for the "American" imports. Pioneer give me a list of the Ford products built outside the US?

I say fuck'em unless it's another Ford...lol

I don't blame you, but for me having worked for GM for 11 years (and Ford for twenty) I have a soft spot for GM. I have a small pension coming for GM but that's not the reason I want them to succeed. I know so many GM and Chrysler retires it's hard to feel any ill towards them. We all need to succeed, but Ford is #1 in my book and I want them on top forever!

I LOVE YOU MAN!

I love you too brother. :beerchug:

Edited by allin

I'm down here now also for the down week, and I noticed the same thing!!And your right about the weather this week- it's awful.

did anyone here see the smart car and all the other small foreign cars on the news on wed night. They were doing crash tests on them against midsized cars and it was funny as hell, those tiny little things holy shit I'll never ride in one of them christ I'll drive a semi around before I drive one of them I don't care if Deisel Is $10 a gal!!!!!!

Glad to see that I'm not the only one that won't let a foreign vehicle change lanes in front of me. My wife tells me they don't know why you are being a aS#@le. I tell her I don't care if they know because it makes me feel better.

I want to put my "Out of a job yet? Keep buying foreign" magnetic sign on my truck but someone might steal it. Last one was stolen...in the parking lot at work. :o

Lots of people are all gunho about those match box cars. Not me. I would feel like I was riding a bicycle down the expressway. I sure wouldn't want to be in an accident at 70 mph plus in one of them. Maybe they would be ok for city driving but not when driving at any speed. I agree I'll spend more for gas rather that drive something I don't feel safe in. I don't even want to drive a car after driving a truck and van for years now. Yet some know it all goverment officials and people want to say "build what the people want" people want to drive trucks azzholes. I know I do.

Edited by allin

Wow! I thought I was the only one who did that! I'm glad that other people do it also. I would never do anything that would put them in harms way... but if you are waiting to be let out from somewhere, like a gas station or bank... First I look to see what you drive. If it's not built here... you wait. My wife tried to tell me as a human being I should be polite to people no matter what they drive. I told her as an American holding an UAW card in my wallet, I feel they are not being polite driving their foreign vehicle.

when you saying foreign cars do you also mean cars that are not built by a UAW worker, like Ford products made in Mexico?

I want to put my "Out of a job yet? Keep buying foreign" magnetic sign on my truck but someone might steal it. Last one was stolen...in the parking lot at work. :o

Lots of people are all gunho about those match box cars. Not me. I would feel like I was riding a bicycle down the expressway. I sure wouldn't want to be in an accident at 70 mph plus in one of them. Maybe they would be ok for city driving but not when driving at any speed. I agree I'll spend more for gas rather that drive something I don't feel safe in. I don't even want to drive a car after driving a truck and van for years now. Yet some know it all goverment officials and people want to say "build what the people want" people want to drive trucks azzholes. I know I do.

Nothing like having your co-workers screw you, huh? Cheapass fuckers is what they are!!!Probably the lazy fucks that don't want to work.......pretty bad when you can't even a have a truthful magnetic sign sign on your truck, huh? And by the way, it's spelled at the end of your post---ASSHOLES!!!!I'm talking about same government and other dumb and dumbed down, useless, human lowlife...what do they know what the people want, anyway? Only because of what they tell themselves. :banmolest: :kissass: :bowdown: :party2:

Nothing like having your co-workers screw you, huh? Cheapass fuckers is what they are!!!Probably the lazy fucks that don't want to work.......pretty bad when you can't even a have a truthful magnetic sign sign on your truck, huh? And by the way, it's spelled at the end of your post---ASSHOLES!!!!I'm talking about same government and other dumb and dumbed down, useless, human lowlife...what do they know what the people want, anyway? Only because of what they tell themselves. :banmolest: :kissass: :bowdown: :party2:

Business 101: you build whats selling not what you think people want.

Business 101: you build whats selling not what you think people want.

I agree with that. But is also obvious to me that the greater majority of the public DOES NOT want the Domestic 3 auto companys around anymore either. I can take that to the bank, pal, what I just said. I've heard that spoken to my face directly out in public. And obviously, that includes us at Ford, does it not? If you're still working, like you said, reality is going to hit home for you. I just hope you have your life in good order. If you don't.......as they say.....tough shit.

Edited by NoMoVisteon