Hot off the presses

slappyd

in its entirity religion is stupid. As a philosophical concept, faith is not. But any larger gathering of individuals who listen to other individuals tell them what "God, Allah, Brahma etc. want is stupid.

religion isn't a broad term. Its a simple definition. Group of people worshiping together under some from of dogmatic rules.

i respect people having faith, but not people believing in a religion.

But thank heaven for 7/11 :shades:

I'll have to respectfully disagree that religion is a simple definition; but I'll try my best not to argue, since the whole point of my original statement was NOT to argue about it.

As for 7/11's, we no longer have them in my neck of the woods, so no more slurpees for me.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have to respectfully disagree that religion is a simple definition; but I'll try my best not to argue, since the whole point of my original statement was NOT to argue about it.

As for 7/11's, we no longer have them in my neck of the woods, so no more slurpees for me.

Pray for a slurpee and you'll get one.

in its entirity religion is stupid. As a philosophical concept, faith is not. But any larger gathering of individuals who listen to other individuals tell them what "God, Allah, Brahma etc. want is stupid.

religion isn't a broad term. Its a simple definition. Group of people worshiping together under some from of dogmatic rules.

i respect people having faith, but not people believing in a religion.

But thank heaven for 7/11 :shades:

Dude thanks for that. those are my thoughts that I could never quite put too words.

Ihave have faith that if I do the right thing, right things will mostly happen.

I have no faith in listening to someone tell me if I don't donate money, my time or prayer things are

gonna get ugly around here.

Especially the ones tjat say thier religeon is better than someone's else, so lets go kill those guys.

A lot of people are waiting for the "Cash for Clunkers" bill to go through before they buy a new car. detnews.com reported today that it's 90% done. That could be one reason for Ford increasing production also. If that Bill passes I'll be buying a new car......loaded!

We are so waiting for that as well. I believe you have to fill out paperwork and send in to receive the voucher? Can anyone tell me if I'm correct?

Dude thanks for that. those are my thoughts that I could never quite put too words.

Ihave have faith that if I do the right thing, right things will mostly happen.

I have no faith in listening to someone tell me if I don't donate money, my time or prayer things are

gonna get ugly around here.

Especially the ones tjat say thier religeon is better than someone's else, so lets go kill those guys.

All churches do not preach that if you do not donate things will get ugly. Our church collects money to help out other people all the time whether they go to church or not. Yes, our pastor is paid with the donation I'm sure but the rest of everything that is done at the church is 100% volunteer. I know some churches preach exactly what you have said above but some churches are primarily about faith and helping others. I love how it feels as though it is all about paying it forward. Like you said if you do right, it all comes back to you one way or another.

topic is about production going up and half the posts here are arguing about religion.. ridiculous.
I got half way thru this thread and thought, what the hell is this about again? I get to the bottom, and you said exactly what I was about to type.........

"Religion" is too broad a term to define it in it's entirity as "stupid". For me to say that I agree that "religion" is stupid, would be assinine.

But you go right ahead.

religion is stupid..belief in Jesus Christ and "relationship" is good, been praying..guess what..prayer answered

I got half way thru this thread and thought, what the hell is this about again? I get to the bottom, and you said exactly what I was about to type.........

why do you think that is????????????????? maybe because at the end of the day that is higher on the priority level for the average person???? :idea:

I think one day hopefully it won't be to late for some of you, you will realize that Ford was founded on good christian principles from a christian family and I am sure that the only reason that Ford is still in business is because there are saints in ford facilities praying for us daily and God has spared us from what would have been certain losses to all of us. And further more I don't hear anybody complaining about the all mighty dollar that you all worship that says in GOD WE TRUST

I think one day hopefully it won't be to late for some of you, you will realize that Ford was founded on good christian principles from a christian family and I am sure that the only reason that Ford is still in business is because there are saints in ford facilities praying for us daily and God has spared us from what would have been certain losses to all of us. And further more I don't hear anybody complaining about the all mighty dollar that you all worship that says in GOD WE TRUST

Any religion based on threats and intimidation is a false religion.