Upgrade from Sync 2 to Sync 3

pcsgrp35se

I downoladed the upgrade and was up and running in about 25 minutes. Tried the driving instructions first and it flawlessly took me to work. It also routed me on another errand. This will be a great addition to Fords with Sync. I then tried the Vehicle Health Report and it sent me a webpage address to view it. Simply great. It has made my 2010 Fusion Sport all the more enjoyable.

It is pretty good, but I had a bit of a problem with my ATT voice connection over my iphone when I first used it. I tried to find near by business, a sandwich shop, and it just couldn't decipher 'Togos'. I think the voice connection was lousy and that was the main problem. It will be better when they make use of the data capabilities of the phone in the future. Anyway, I think this is a real winner for Ford.

It is pretty good, but I had a bit of a problem with my ATT voice connection over my iphone when I first used it. I tried to find near by business, a sandwich shop, and it just couldn't decipher 'Togos'. I think the voice connection was lousy and that was the main problem. It will be better when they make use of the data capabilities of the phone in the future. Anyway, I think this is a real winner for Ford.

Myproblem is I have to say "phone" a couple of times before it catches on-- and no problem with the contacts in my Blackberry. This really confuses me. So I find myself shouting "phone" to the top of my voice. Sometimes it does this and sometimes notg. Go figure.

IT worked !!

I was able to get sync to work. I think the problem is the bluetooth protocal is very thight on sync so any added features cause problems (this from discussions with verizon and sync along with our IT guys who know bluetooth). I didn't install the phone book when I paired the phone to the car and now everythign works fine, the directions are a blast to use and very accurate. IT lets you know when your off route, the traffic and weather are so so because for me it gave me weather from a place about 5 miles away and there were not traffic notices perhaps beause there were not problems in my area.

So, if your having problems, I suggest doing the following, go into sync and do a master reset, thne delete all bluetooth devices from sync and delete all from the phone. Pull the battery out of the phone to reset the factory bluetooth settings and pair up the phone. When is asks if you want to install the phone book, say no, that is how I got mine to work

I never got the second notification that it was installed although sync feels that the download was competed into the hardware but the big thing, I can't keep my phone connected. Every time I try to make a call sync tells me that "incomplete downolad" "phone disconnected !! I told them, if they can't get this to work, I want sync 2 back even it they have to change out the hardware

OOPS, didn't see you got it working

Edited by svjim

So far so good with directions, traffic and points of interest. Still have no loaded my phone book since I think the bluetooth protocal that does that somehow messess up the system. I am going to try and read the instructions so that I can manually enter one entry at a time . If I mess something up I can always go back and repair the phone wihtout the phone book and know it will work. I have to say, I didn't care about sync or the rear camara etc when I got the car but it is really growing on me. I miss being able to say call home. God, I must be getting old! This morning I was telling my wife about the on route weather forcasts that are available and how great it would be to have that on the motorcycle. It would be nice to know when to have the rain gear ready rather then rushing to get it on at the last minute

I got a call from my salesman that the SYNC upgrade is now available. I made an appointment with the service department for the free upgrade. I was told to register at the SYNC website prior to my appointment which I have already done. I'm taking a trip beginning 6/20 and if I can figure out how it works, I'll post my thoughts.

I got a call from my salesman that the SYNC upgrade is now available. I made an appointment with the service department for the free upgrade. I was told to register at the SYNC website prior to my appointment which I have already done. I'm taking a trip beginning 6/20 and if I can figure out how it works, I'll post my thoughts.

I hope they are doing it for free, because you can do the upgrade yourself with no problem. You just need a thumb drive. Download the files from the SYNC site to the thumb drive on your computer, plug the thumb drive into the appropriate slot in your console and run the update per the instructions on the SYNC site. Takes about 10 minutes

Just did the 3.0 update on my SYNC. 10 minutes, piece of cake :)

Re-paired the phone and was all set.

***Edit***

Is it supposed to update your version on syncmyride? It still says I have 2.0 but 3.0 has been installed and confirmed.

Edited by Sundedo

Just did the 3.0 update on my SYNC. 10 minutes, piece of cake :)

Re-paired the phone and was all set.

***Edit***

Is it supposed to update your version on syncmyride? It still says I have 2.0 but 3.0 has been installed and confirmed.

Sundedo,

Did you load back in your confirmation file that exists on your USB drive after the upgrade is complete? Sync doesn't automatically send this, you get the confirmation via the syncmyride.com once it uploads that file in. Then in the history logs it will record todays date and the update status.

My syncmyride for my fusion says I have 3.0 and no longer states I have updates available.

Give that a try

Sundedo,

Did you load back in your confirmation file that exists on your USB drive after the upgrade is complete? Sync doesn't automatically send this, you get the confirmation via the syncmyride.com once it uploads that file in. Then in the history logs it will record todays date and the update status.

My syncmyride for my fusion says I have 3.0 and no longer states I have updates available.

Give that a try

Yes, after the upgrade I took my USB stick and reported the successfull installation. When I check the SYNC history it says that the 3.0 upgrade is "CI" which means confirmed install.

post-35899-1244860715_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd update this thread in case anyone doing a search looks at it. I checked the SYNC site today and it lists me being up to date with SYNC 3.0 installed. I think it just took the site awhile to update my owner information.

Now, if they would put out an update that would allow us to upload the jukebox with mp3's... :D