2011 explorer

please do not drop the ball on look of the 2011 explorer.i read a small article and it said the new explorer will look the 2010 but not a bof type of suv.i hope it looks like the explorer america and i think the public expects the same.we donot need another 500

All indications I've read about so far point to the next Explorer's design being based on the Explorer America concept.

well i work at cap we built alot of body sides and ect.. to be sent to detroit, seen pics of the test mule read a lot of articles and still ford in there infinite wisdom still could ---k up the 2011 explorer like i said before i hope it looks like the america cause we don't need another 500 at cap

You mean body sides, etc. for the new model?

well i work at cap we built alot of body sides and ect.. to be sent to detroit, seen pics of the test mule read a lot of articles and still ford in there infinite wisdom still could ---k up the 2011 explorer like i said before i hope it looks like the america cause we don't need another 500 at cap

The new Explorer will be built in Chicago on the same platform as the MKS, Taurus, and Flex. All indications are that it will be heavily influenced by the Explorer America concept (although I can't imagine the sliding doors will stay).

Don't be too concerned over the pics of the test mules you have been seeing. Since it's a derivative of the Taurus-X platform, it's faster, easier, and cheaper to cobble up Taurus X models for testing than to develop expensive prototype body panels. I imagine the underbody panels you are sending to Detroit are being welded, hammered, and otherwise abused to make mules! If you look carefully at some of the pcs of the mules, you'll see seams on some body pieces where they have been cut and welded with filler pieces.

Let's all hope that Chicago is full on two shifts when the new Taurus and Explorer are in place along with the MKS. Well, three crew would be better, but two would be good.

tell me some thing i don't know,i work at cap on launch team for taurus i understand the way things are. my post is for top ford execs. so don't fuck it up

capstepchild, this is Alan Mullaly.

I tried to read your almost indecipherable post. As best I understand it, you don't want Ford to mess up the next generation Explorer. I can assure you that's not happening under my watch!

Your spelling and grammar are awful, and your ability to communicate in the English language pathetic. You also do not seem to know how to construct a sentence or when to use capital letters. I am trying to track you down because I expect those who work at Ford to have intelligence and be able to express themselves succinctly. Based on your post, I have a very low opinion of your capabilities.

When I do track you down, I think you can imagine that your days at Ford are numbered.

Regards,

Alan

Edited by Austin

I tried to read your almost indecipherable post. As best I understand it, you don't want Ford to mess up the next generation Explorer. I can assure you that's not happening under my watch!

Your spelling and grammar are awful, and your ability to communicate in the English language pathetic. You also do not seem to know how to construct a sentence or when to use capital letters. I am trying to track you down because I expect those who work at Ford to have intelligence and be able to express themselves succinctly. Based on your post, I have a very low opinion of your capabilities.

When I do track you down, I think you can imagine that your days at Ford are numbered.

Regards,

Alan

:lol:

I didn't know Alan Mulally posted here!!!?!?! :hysterical:

Regards,

Alan

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

i just want products that people want to be produced tired of 2 weeks on 2 weeks off with 1 shift cause of poor designs in cars

And that's certainly understandable.....but economic times aren't exactly helping out right now, either....

i understand that, that's why we need products that people want. we can build 8 products off of 2 platforms so where are the products?

Lol. Dearborn was designed to make nine different models off three different platforms. Know what? We only make trucks.

Lol. Dearborn was designed to make nine different models off three different platforms. Know what? We only make trucks.

Interesting...seems kind of a waste. I guess the capability is there if it is ever necessary, say, if truck sales drop further (which hopefully they won't!)

i understand that, that's why we need products that people want. we can build 8 products off of 2 platforms so where are the products?

We do have products that people are starting to want but the economy sucks.

Doesn't happen over night. Chicago has the MKS, Taurus, future Explorer. Former Taurus X, Sable. That's 5 right there that you do or have done. Oakville has the Flex, MKT, Edge and MKX.