My 2010 Fusion Sport AWD

kentak

I got a Fusion Sport AWD about 2 weeks ago and decided to it share with you. It's silver with black interior. I had driven the Mazda 6 s GT and the Honda Accord Coupe EX-L with a V-6 and 6 speed stick, all great cars. The Accord coupe was a really fun car with great speed and response with the stick. The Mazda was comfortable and quick. The Fusion, however, combined a very solid, quiet, roomy interior, large trunk, sure-footed handling, plenty of smooth power and AWD. My Sport has the 402 group and Navigation so it's loaded with goodies. The separate instruction manual for just the Nav and Sync has over 180 pages! The backup camera is very nice and along with the blind spot warning devices gives a safe driving experience. The only low point is the hood prop instead of gas lifts. Stowage of the prop is very clumsy. Other than that relatively minor detail this car feels like a real quality piece that has been fine-tuned by designers who really likes cars.

3529010387_53fe999159.jpg

3529010495_0720f48934.jpg

3529823396_ebe1f3b40a.jpg

3529823542_f9430f69b8_o.jpg

3529823366_0f0e5d2dd3.jpg

3529823422_e042ac32ca.jpg

3529010531_523f23765e.jpg

3529010571_9b8a538de3.jpg

Some of the ambience lighting, one of eight color choices; too bad the dash doesn't tie in with the ambience lighting.

I got a Fusion Sport AWD about 2 weeks ago and decided to it share with you. It's silver with black interior. I had driven the Mazda 6 s GT and the Honda Accord Coupe EX-L with a V-6 and 6 speed stick, all great cars. The Accord coupe was a really fun car with great speed and response with the stick. The Mazda was comfortable and quick. The Fusion, however, combined a very solid, quiet, roomy interior, large trunk, sure-footed handling, plenty of smooth power and AWD. My Sport has the 402 group and Navigation so it's loaded with goodies. The separate instruction manual for just the Nav and Sync has over 180 pages! The backup camera is very nice and along with the blind spot warning devices gives a safe driving experience. The only low point is the hood prop instead of gas lifts. Stowage of the prop is very clumsy. Other than that relatively minor detail this car feels like a real quality piece that has been fine-tuned by designers who really likes cars.

Congrats! She is a beauty - I'm jealous. Best of luck and keep us posted on how things go. The hood prop on my '07 is the same way - I guess it is a way to save money and weight. The Nav looks great, never considered getting it but maybe I will now - dash looks nice too. I love the nose of the car, very aggressive look. Sport Rims look excellent as well.

My friend at work refuses to budge and is getting an Accord Sedan EX-L when I am begging him to check out the Fusion. Some Honda guys won't budge but our cars are just as good in my opinion.

Eric

Edited by BlueOval5.0

I haven't really tried any full throttle "runs through the gears"; as much due to lack of opportunity as opposed to "break-in" considerations. I've played with it a bit though. Shifts occur pretty quickly if you just tap the shifter forward or backwards, to downshift or upshift. Holding the lever delays the shift. When cruising at about 50-60 mph pushing into manual gets you 4th gear. When you start shifting a number appears that indicates which gear you are in. Interestingly, when Ford first introduced a manual shift automatic (1966 Fairlane GTA) it was called SelectShift back then too!

Congrat's on your purchase of a 2010 Fusion Sport. Our Dealership received its' first Fusion Sport FWD last weekend and sold it yesterday before I had a chance to drive it. Fortunately, we have two more 2010 Fusion Sport's scheduled and expected to arrive at the Dealership soon.

Congrat's on your purchase of a 2010 Fusion Sport. Our Dealership received its' first Fusion Sport FWD last weekend and sold it yesterday before I had a chance to drive it. Fortunately, we have two more 2010 Fusion Sport's scheduled and expected to arrive at the Dealership soon.

hehehe... Yeah, I thnk that's going to be the trend for a while... Mine doesn't even have one in yet, but the first one that does come in is already commited to me... Since I have factory ordered the one which is to arrive... I think I will be the first in my area to drive a 2010 Fusion on the streets.. I see 2 of the dealers in my area with thier editiosn just sitting there, both have a hybrid and one had a SEL with thier hybrid... But as far as I can see no movement yet :)

I'm excited to see it come in early next month! I'm dying to drive the little beast!

I haven't really tried any full throttle "runs through the gears"; as much due to lack of opportunity as opposed to "break-in" considerations. I've played with it a bit though. Shifts occur pretty quickly if you just tap the shifter forward or backwards, to downshift or upshift. Holding the lever delays the shift. When cruising at about 50-60 mph pushing into manual gets you 4th gear. When you start shifting a number appears that indicates which gear you are in. Interestingly, when Ford first introduced a manual shift automatic (1966 Fairlane GTA) it was called SelectShift back then too!

Thanks for the info and feed back!

Have fun with your new Fusion!!! :D

What are the specs on the Sports you have coming in?

What are the specs on the Sports you have coming in?

I'll have to get the specs when I'm back in the office tomorrow. From what I can remember, one's a Tuxedo Black FWD with Rapid Spec #402A & Navigation System. I think the other one is a Sport Blue AWD with Rapid Spec #401A.

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the ambience lighting, one of eight color choices; too bad the dash doesn't tie in with the ambience lighting.

Good luck. It is really pretty. I have a Sport AWD in Tuxedo Black with black interior. It has the 402A package, but no navigation. I love everything about it.

Enjoy. I am enjoying mine.

Louis

Looks just like mine! I echo your comments with the exception of the navigation and other electronic goodies--didn't want or need them. I just wanted a hot rod and I got one. The SelectShift is much more responsive than the shiftable automatic in my old Acura TSX.

• 2 weeks later...

A few years back, Ford hinted at making a coupe version of the Fusion. I had hoped that when this major overhaul occurred, the coupe would've been offered. Too bad. I probably would've bought one equipped like yours. Enjoy your hot new ride!

Edited by T'Cal

Is that a radar detector on your dash??? :shades: