Mulally Drives a Honda Fit

Sorry fellas, but I had to hook you with a typical Fox News headline.

http://www.quote.com/news/story.action?id=KRO136e4474

The real story is about, Mulally's contention that Ford will be profitable again in 2011. But the article does mention that Mulally drives a different car every day, and one of them happened to be a Honda Fit.

I for one, was ecstatic to read that Mulally has been driving other makes and models.

A very wise 6th century B.C. Chinese General named Sun Tzu, once stated in a treatise titled The Art Of War, "know your enemy & know yourself, & in 100 battles you will never be in peril". Mulally understands this basic principal, and wants to "know our enemy". I love this guy, he's worth every penny of his $16 million+ salary. Hiring Mulally was the best thing that Bill Jr. ever did for the Ford Motor Company. Maybe after this mess is all over, Bill Jr. can convince Mulally to take over the Lions. We can only hope.

Henry Ford himself used to buy the competitors cars and study them over to come up with ways to improve his vehicles. Thats how he used to beat the competitio :happy feet: n..Bravo Alan..

Exactly! How do you think the imports learned how to copy and/or improve on what we sell? Not just with cars, with everything. The Chinese are doing it right now, it's called reverse engineering. At least Mr. M. isn't just sitting back and sleeping in board meetings.

Sorry fellas, but I had to hook you with a typical Fox News headline.

http://www.quote.com/news/story.action?id=KRO136e4474

The real story is about, Mulally's contention that Ford will be profitable again in 2011. But the article does mention that Mulally drives a different car every day, and one of them happened to be a Honda Fit.

I for one, was ecstatic to read that Mulally has been driving other makes and models.

A very wise 6th century B.C. Chinese General named Sun Tzu, once stated in a treatise titled The Art Of War, "know your enemy & know yourself, & in 100 battles you will never be in peril". Mulally understands this basic principal, and wants to "know our enemy". I love this guy, he's worth every penny of his $16 million+ salary. Hiring Mulally was the best thing that Bill Jr. ever did for the Ford Motor Company. Maybe after this mess is all over, Bill Jr. can convince Mulally to take over the Lions. We can only hope.

Hate to burst your bubble but the executives and engineers at Ford have been driving and breaking down all the competitions vehicles for years. In 1995 I was at the new product development center in Allen Park and Fords engineers had a competators vehicle in there measuring and inspecting it. Ford also has a facility with I believe every wiring harness ever made for all brands of automobiles. We really dont know the half of this companies operations.

Mulally had a Big Lexus when he came to Ford, he said he drove it cause it was the best vehicle money could buy and everybody Knew that! He also said at Ford this will be the benchmark for the cars and trucks we will build at Ford! Great fit and finish, tops in quality, tops in materials, tops in safety and tops in value for the customer! He still has that Lexus and drives it to work so's to remind everybody where the mark stands! If anybody saw it , when he came back from Washington the first time he got off the corporate jet and into his Lexus and drove off! Mulally is a head cutter but he also says that you cant cut your way to prosperaty! So just hang in there my brothers and sisters, this recession will ease and with commitment to making world class products and truly believing in that philosophy will serve us all well in the long run! We as honest hard working union members just need to take care of our business and do the best jobs possible and hold up our end of the bargain! I know its hard to swallow some of the things that continue coming our way from all angles but build a quality product and the rest will fall in line! Good luck to all that are layed off and remember that they want to be able to hire those 2nd tier people but must employ the current membership first! Hopefully they will not be able to hire any 2nd tier while anyone throughout Ford is on ILO! Please Union officials DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN!!!! Above all else that would be a huge slap across the face to all active employees! :redcard:

Good luck to all that are layed off and remember that they want to be able to hire those 2nd tier people but must employ the current membership first! Hopefully they will not be able to hire any 2nd tier while anyone throughout Ford is on ILO! Please Union officials DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN!!!! Above all else that would be a huge slap across the face to all active employees! :redcard:

Well with Sterling and Raws special plants, dont be surprised if 2nd tier eventually get hired while there is ILO's. Also look at Saline and rest of ACH for an upside down contract in regard to ILO'd Ford employees.

Lets ask this to all then! Would anyone be willing to go to Sterling or Rawsonville or any other ACH plant if the opportunity arose and you were on ILO! Would you have any home plant rights? Are their any home plant rights anymore? If your offered an opportunity to go to the above mentioned and turn it down, what does that mean? If your on ILO for a week and they offer you a position there would you have to go(kind of the same question but not really)?Are their Temporary ILO's, like say,If your plant or a department needs to ILO for 6months to a year to re-tool, how does that effect what they offer for other plant opportunities, should they offer? Like I said before im sure they would love to start hiring 2nd tier wherever they can, at what point do we accept they do that? Do we have language on any of this cause I believe this has changed with the modified agreement? Its confusing to me and more often than not its confusing to the union and the company itself :shrug: ! These are open questions and I look forward to honest replys and oppinions but limited attacks please lets respect everybody here! Ford people only!!! :stop:

These are very dynamic times we're living in and things are tough all over! United we stand Divided we fall!!!! Good luck to all of us and God Bless America And All That Defend and Believe In Her!!!!! :rockon: :happy feet: