Next Generation Mustang Wish List

joihan777

That is the only way I would ever buy a Mustang convertible (I don't like the way they look with the top up)!

But I personally doubt it happens. Is this truly a wild stab Nick, or have you garnered some inside info?

Just a complete stab in the dark, but the pricing for some techno-gadgetry has certainly come down in recent years.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a complete stab in the dark, but the pricing for some techno-gadgetry has certainly come down in recent years.

I've had that thought in the back of my head as well. I'm sure it all depends on how much it'll cost, because Ford wants to keep it affordable. I do know that had they offered a hardtop convertible Mustang a few years ago, my mom would've gotten that over her 335i.

I've had that thought in the back of my head as well. I'm sure it all depends on how much it'll cost, because Ford wants to keep it affordable. I do know that had they offered a hardtop convertible Mustang a few years ago, my mom would've gotten that over her 335i.

I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility that they might offer both. It wouldn't be the first time it has happened.

1. Parchment interior option

2. Parchment Tops on convertibles option

Good news! I just looked at a 2010 Mustang brochure today while I was at the dealer for service. The Mustang offers Stone interior and a Stone color cloth top. I know it's not quite parchment, but still close (definitely closer than black).

Good news! I just looked at a 2010 Mustang brochure today while I was at the dealer for service. The Mustang offers Stone interior and a Stone color cloth top. I know it's not quite parchment, but still close (definitely closer than black).

I think you're right. I think 'Stone' is what I saw last month. I was in Yosemite (On a gloriously fantastic day) and there were several convertibles Mustangs around. I'm guessing the stone top is a slightly grey parchment color. Whatever it is, it DID look good.

And Kona blue is starting to grow on me!

• 11 months later...

A hard top retractable roof would be sweet.

If Ford manages to use a modified Mustang platform for a second vehicle, say a new ThunderBird roadster, I can see the retractable hard roof on the shortened vehicle. As an owner of a soft-top convertible for 2+ years I think the weight saving of the soft roof is plenty good.

My wish list for the 2014 Mustang:

1) A new chassis. Seriously. Please.

2) New suspension geometry-- 5-link rear, maybe? Possibly? Please?

3) Slightly-downsized, lighter weight. This is not a dowdy, plebeian family sedan. If you can't fit 2 offensive linemen in the rear seats, so be it.

4) Front-mid-engine format, for better front/rear weight distribution. Yeah, I know, that has about as much a chance as Maria Sharapova marrying me-- but that's why it's called a "wish list!"

5) Cylinder deactivation on the V6 and V8.

6) Shelby GT-350 available in Performance White with Candy Red GT stripes. If they built it, I'd sleep with a thousand fat chicks at $50 each to afford one. (For those not in the know, that was a reference to the cartoon Family Guy).

Heh. I almost forgot about this post. I wrote it almost a year ago. Usually, my tastes change pretty drastically in the course of a year. In this case, they haven't, much.

1) Okay, maybe it doesn't need an all-new chassis. But I hope they don't try to make it bigger or porkier than it already is.

2) I'm sticking with this one.

3) I'm sticking with this one.

4) Yeah, I'd definitely like some better balance in the 2014 Mustang GT. Mounting the engine just behind the front axle should help.

5) I can scrap this one. It just adds more moving parts and maintenance cost.

6) Yeah, I still want this, but not that pathetic excuse for a GT-350 that Ford has in mind (the extra $30K for minimal performance increase). I'd like to see a 3.5 EcoBoost under the hood, with twin intercoolers and all the tricks in the book of breathing. 3.5L EcoBoost-- GT-350. Get it? Sounds like a no-brainer to me!

6) Yeah, I still want this, but not that pathetic excuse for a GT-350 that Ford has in mind (the extra $30K for minimal performance increase). I'd like to see a 3.5 EcoBoost under the hood, with twin intercoolers and all the tricks in the book of breathing. 3.5L EcoBoost-- GT-350. Get it? Sounds like a no-brainer to me!

I'd also like to see the next GT-500 use the 5.0 Coyote with either of the following:

a) Twin turbos

B) Twin-scroll (not roots-type) supercharger.

• 3 months later...