Ford workers have day to mull buyout

Word got to DTP's committee rep's last night that they will extend the buyouts until June 22nd.

They will have to extend it further and open it to "all" who would like to take it. There are skilled trades wanting the buy out but have been refused!

I know this has been said before, But I believe it is worth repeating. If Ford Mo. Co. is serious in this resession to lower the rank and file, They need to stimulate the buyouts not down size the amounts.

With the jsp being gone they have no incentive to up the buyouts.

If FORD would offer $140,000 to leave company,FORD would be hiring 2nd tier off the street within 6 months....

Yep. For less than the price they got for Aston Martin , they could have half at 2nd tier wages by now but Noooooo.........LOL....Oh well I have a month more to hit the lotto....LOL....

If FORD would offer $140,000 to leave company,FORD would be hiring 2nd tier off the street within 6 months....

I have to agree with you 100%. Many of us that were sitting in JSP now on ILO talked about this many time's and most would have taken the 140 IF it would have been offered.

With the jsp being gone they have no incentive to up the buyouts.

Ford may not have anymore incentive to offer another buyout let alone a richer one.

The only reason this current one was offered was because of the consessions that were just agreed to .

Ford may not have anymore incentive to offer another buyout let alone a richer one.

The only reason this current one was offered was because of the consessions that were just agreed to .

Wrong the incentive is getting second tier workers on the line and shedding the current active workforce numbers until traditional wage workers are gone or no longer have a voting majority come contract times.

That would be my incentive if I where top brass and looking at the current labor contracts.

Lets be honest think about the saving the company gets, second tier workers get

1. half the hourly pay; they save $10 per hour on labor

2. half the medical type benefits; about $10,000 per employee savings right there

3. no pension to look forward too; savings of billions when they become eligible for retirement

Even if they get to the traditional wages bracket there benefits stay entry level, should the company need any more incentive than that ?

Yep. For less than the price they got for Aston Martin , they could have half at 2nd tier wages by now but Noooooo.........LOL....Oh well I have a month more to hit the lotto....LOL....

I'd take the $140k in a heartbeat. Apparently, someone at Ford "hearts" us so much, they won't offer us enough to leave.

Wrong the incentive is getting second tier workers on the line and shedding the current active workforce numbers until traditional wage workers are gone or no longer have a voting majority come contract times.

That would be my incentive if I where top brass and looking at the current labor contracts.

Lets be honest think about the saving the company gets, second tier workers get

1. half the hourly pay; they save $10 per hour on labor

2. half the medical type benefits; about $10,000 per employee savings right there

3. no pension to look forward too; savings of billions when they become eligible for retirement

Even if they get to the traditional wages bracket there benefits stay entry level, should the company need any more incentive than that ?

I agree that the only reason they are offering a buyout is to get 2 tier workers in, but the current contract says that only 20% will ever be 2 tier, unless they snuck it in on the last concessions that they don't have to stick to that number.

I agree that the only reason they are offering a buyout is to get 2 tier workers in, but the current contract says that only 20% will ever be 2 tier, unless they snuck it in on the last concessions that they don't have to stick to that number.

Ah but remember that Raws and Sterling dont count toward that 20%. And what % of ACH's are now temps ??