Visteon Files for bankruptcy

lquidspine

*link*

I wonder what there turn around plan includes ? more outsourcing ?

Huzzah!

I know it won't happen: all of the people responsible for the Visteon disaster---including Al Trotman, Jac the Knife Nasser, Bill Jr., etc.--- should be forced to pay the wages of all the people who've lost their jobs as a result of this insane idea. Same at Delphi/GM.

*link*

I wonder what there turn around plan includes ? more outsourcing ?

Visteon....the ultimate !! exclamation point !! of failure. Lets hope this is one of Fords' last bright(not) ideas. Even after giving back all the union represented plants and others, they cant make a go at it. Have they EVER made a yrly profit since their living abortion of a birth ???

Great Posts Everyone! Hearing the news about the downfall of this CHEAPASS outfit was not surprising to me at all. Not one fucking bit! From day one, it was a receipe for eventual disaster in more ways than one. I figured that the shit was going to hit the fan when GM formed Delphi Div that was still in their corporate structure and then within a month or two, that was spun off as a separate company. And, of course, Ford decided to pull off the exact same thing, but it took longer for Visteon. Nothing like the CEO and corporate zoo in action: Monkey See--Monkey Do. Those of us who were caught up in this abortion remember all too well just how things were then run, etc, etc. Thank God we did get agreement that those of us that were caught in this shitty mess at whatever plant we were in at the time could still remain as Ford employees,i,e, pay, benefits, etc, etc. But still, watching Ford and then Visteon take down perfectly good production systems when it came to quality, schedule and all so it could be made cheaper was equivalent to standing behind a fan with unlimited amounts of shit thrown thru it.......This is what you get when you have the globalist assholes like Jacque Nasser, Alex Trotman and other CEO bandits going into the spin doctor mode and saying one thing, then turning around and fucking us. I feel sorry for those employees that are still left at Visteon if I sound crass and mean, but that's that's the way it is. It was even more maddening that the IUAW didn't immediately move hardline on this from day one, with protests, etc, etc. Any other union would have. All they did was say we're going to ok, nothing to worry about, etc, etc, yeah right......Now look at the carnage that is left with plants that were taken back and put into ACH so they could be sold off and closed because Visteon couldn't get it right. I don't need to ask those who worked at those plants what their opinions are......One bright spot in this hopeless shitpile was that Rawsonville and the Sterling Axle Plant were then reverted back to Ford. It is my opinion that this whole sorryass mess shouldn't have happened in the first place and I made my thoughts clear more than a few times while I was still working and here as well. Hey, take your ENERGY DOTS and Shove em' up your ass!! :banmolest: :banmolest: :banmolest: :banmolest: :banmolest: :banmolest:

Edited by NoMoVisteon

whenever i saw those dots, i always thought of a toilet bowl, going down the drain....LOL

time to flush

metaldyne has now filed as well.

Oh shit......here we go. Metaldyne too.........damn. I haven't heard the latest news at the moment, thanks for bringing that up, Dark

whenever i saw those dots, i always thought of a toilet bowl, going down the drain....LOL

time to flush

metaldyne has now filed as well.

Ohh how well I remember having to go out into the circus tent at Monroe and them telling us "how great it is for monroe" to be spun off (the only stamping plant in the Ford system to go Visteon) Hell our local leadership drank the kool-aid from the start. And I quote Les B., Tommy H., And Dave D. telling us how great it was that we were going Visteon so we can sell our parts to all of the other car companies as well as ford......Hell Tommy H. even said it was the best thing EVER to happen to the Monroe plant!!! Well we all know now how that all turned out. case and point why we all need to be proactive rather than reactive. When the Iuaw comes back to us to vote for more concessions tell them to stick it up their own ass. last time they preached "equal sacrifises" 2 weeks later to get their own 3.5% lump sum bonus, while we got ours taken away. :banmolest:

Ohh how well I remember having to go out into the circus tent at Monroe and them telling us "how great it is for monroe" to be spun off (the only stamping plant in the Ford system to go Visteon) Hell our local leadership drank the kool-aid from the start. And I quote Les B., Tommy H., And Dave D. telling us how great it was that we were going Visteon so we can sell our parts to all of the other car companies as well as ford......Hell Tommy H. even said it was the best thing EVER to happen to the Monroe plant!!! Well we all know now how that all turned out. case and point why we all need to be proactive rather than reactive. When the Iuaw comes back to us to vote for more concessions tell them to stick it up their own ass. last time they preached "equal sacrifises" 2 weeks later to get their own 3.5% lump sum bonus, while we got ours taken away. :banmolest:

aaahh yes, the memories, the lies!!!!

they said they would never spin off visteon...LOL

and what were all thoses people 'cheering' about on the monitors ?

LOL

aaahh yes, the memories, the lies!!!!

they said they would never spin off visteon...LOL

and what were all thoses people 'cheering' about on the monitors ?

LOL

If I remember it right, the people clapping were at the plants in other countries; NONE of the u.s. employees were clapping!

If I remember it right, the people clapping were at the plants in other countries; NONE of the u.s. employees were clapping!

Your memory serves you correct on that! I also remember that all too well. While at Sterling Axle, it was was dubbed "The Tent Sale" as we had that shitty tent set up out in the parking lot. Of course, those employees at the foreign plants were clapping, they didn't understand English very well, all they saw was the smiles of those announcing the news.

Imagine the Possibilities!

:lol:

YES wait for the Letter from the P.B.G.C. saying 5 years of your pension is gone and with the P.B.G.C. because you worked for visteon because they can't pay back ford thedeal they made for are pensions and health care that was due in the year 2020 short of a miracle it is gone.

THE TRUTH IS NOTHING MORE THAN A LIE WAITING TO BE FOUND OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your memory serves you correct on that! I also remember that all too well. While at Sterling Axle, it was was dubbed "The Tent Sale" as we had that shitty tent set up out in the parking lot. Of course, those employees at the foreign plants were clapping, they didn't understand English very well, all they saw was the smiles of those announcing the news.

NoMo, I too was at STP and new it was a disaster waiting to happen, Visteon ruined a good plant, a money maker for Ford, but Visteon could not make a dime. Management thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. Those orange dots reminded me of water going down the bowl.

Remember the tin cans they passed out at the spin-off?

I still have one; it says, "moving from a proud past to a promising future."

Hey Pete Pestillo & co.---you guys were just a little bit wrong on that one!!

Man, you must be a glutton for nostalgic punishment, keeping that can......If I were you, I'd keep it in the attic and DON'T show it off to anyone. To tell you the truth, if I happen to see it, I WILL leave a gigantic turd in it!!! :stirpot::hysterical::stirpot::hysterical::stirpot::hysterical:

I guess they weren't kidding when they were going to make parts overseas...

Visteon's corporate culture also did themselves in. MADE IN VISTEONISTAN.

And you see that waste of real estate down in Van Buren Twp? All it took was 5 years and the complex now sits half empty.

Hey, it just adds to the empty landscape, it's another place for the birds to shit on..........