Ford Escape Hybrid

As of May 1st, there was 22 PHEV Escape Hybrids running in the real world undergoing "testing". This vehicle is scheduled to arrive in the retail market in 2012. A question yet to be answered is the Escape will be due for a "redesign" by then. Will it be more aerodynamic and a little lower to the ground as a more cross-over vehicle in an attempt to improve on fuel efficiency or a boxy SUV? Remeber the Ford Explorer has been redesigned as a smaller and lighter SUV and what becomes of the Escape?

As of May 1st, there was 22 PHEV Escape Hybrids running in the real world undergoing "testing". This vehicle is scheduled to arrive in the retail market in 2012. A question yet to be answered is the Escape will be due for a "redesign" by then. Will it be more aerodynamic and a little lower to the ground as a more cross-over vehicle in an attempt to improve on fuel efficiency or a boxy SUV? Remeber the Ford Explorer has been redesigned as a smaller and lighter SUV and what becomes of the Escape?

Of course it will, the whole shooting dice is going over to C2 for Kuga/Escape/Focus.

Now whether a hybrid Focus is done depends on the market in the future.

If gas prices spike again, Ford will be ready with all its products, not just the small ones.....

I'm curious on where you got how the Explorer will be smaller????

I think confusion arises when people think the D3 Explorer is the same size as the Explorer concept.

fordexploreramericaconcept.ExplorerAmericaConcept02HR500.img.jpg

1225326003_news_ford_explorer_krossover_spy.jpg

Man....THAT's the new Explorer!?!?! Look at that, thats hideous!! Flex front end with a Taurus X body, horrible! :hysterical::hysterical:

Even though I know these are "special" models (i.e., not for production), I presented an idea a long time ago that they should put the word "HYBRID" across the front of the hood, and with these they did. I even did a chop:

hybridhood.jpg

Even though I know these are "special" models (i.e., not for production), I presented an idea a long time ago that they should put the word "HYBRID" across the front of the hood, and with these they did. I even did a chop:

hybridhood.jpg

Shouldn't the letters be reversed, so you can read it in your rear view mirror?

Man....THAT's the new Explorer!?!?! Look at that, thats hideous!! Flex front end with a Taurus X body, horrible! :hysterical:

Why is it we have to go through this whole discussion every month or two !

The top picture is the Explore America Concept shown a few years ago. Some people claim the next gen Explorer will look a lot like this concept.

The second picture is is a powertrain mule. It looks nothing like the final version of the the next Explorer.

Why is it we have to go through this whole discussion every month or two !

The top picture is the Explore America Concept shown a few years ago. Some people claim the next gen Explorer will look a lot like this concept.

The second picture is is a powertrain mule. It looks nothing like the final version of the the next Explorer.

I know, I was just kidding because I knew a bunch of people always complain about how ugly a mule looks.

Sorry, I thought you all would get that it was a joke if I put a :hysterical: at the end of it.