Toyota to increase North American production?

rmc523

http://www.leftlanenews.com/toyota-to-incr...production.html

Toyota says it will increase production in North America by about 65,000 units. The automaker plans to build more Camry, Corolla, Sienna, RAV4, Tacoma and Tundra vehicles - all of which are built in either the United States or Canada.

Carter said that inventory has fallen to just 41 days’ supply, down from the 62 days at the beginning of May.

Are those numbers right?

What happened to this?

xlongb-7515.jpg

toyotainventorylongbeach.jpg

toyota-sitting-outside-the-port-of-long-beach-img_3.jpg

These were only a few months ago.

Edited by rmc523

They're going to up production and then up incentives so that they can say they outsold Ford.

Oh wait....where have we seen that before????

:headscratch: :shrug:

Sounds as if they are anticipating a sales jump due to the bankruptcy filings

Well, whether indirectly or directly, so is Ford, but at least their recent sales numbers justify the additional production that'll be coming.

Toyota must be watching their inventory levels, it sounds like a punt that could go terribly wrong.

That's why I'm confused......a few months ago, it seemed like they had thousands and thousands of units parked in ports and storage facilities all over the place......now they suddenly have only 41 day's supply, while ford has 58 or whatever it is? All while their sales have been declining more rapidly than Ford's for the past few months?

Something fishy there if you ask me.....and it's not just because the cars were parked in the port. :lol:

That's why I'm confused......a few months ago, it seemed like they had thousands and thousands of units parked in ports and storage facilities all over the place......now they suddenly have only 41 day's supply, while ford has 58 or whatever it is? All while their sales have been declining more rapidly than Ford's for the past few months?

Something fishy there if you ask me.....and it's not just because the cars were parked in the port. :lol:

Well, Toyota did slash production over the past couple of quarters. As did Ford. That's why their inventory levels are much lower, despite lower sales. They (both Ford and Toyota) are really only "increasing" production to a level that's still below what it was most of last year.

I'd like to see what GM's and Chrysler's inventory looks like these days. GM's has to be looking much better than Chrysler's.

Well, Toyota did slash production over the past couple of quarters. As did Ford. That's why their inventory levels are much lower, despite lower sales. They (both Ford and Toyota) are really only "increasing" production to a level that's still below what it was most of last year.

I'd like to see what GM's and Chrysler's inventory looks like these days. GM's has to be looking much better than Chrysler's.

Oh, ok....I didn't realize (or at least I forgot) that Toyota slashed production....

Agreed.....be interested to see how they compare, and yeah, especially w/ Chryco being down almost 50% last month.