GM pulls its chute on NHRA support

TomServo92

The shift is already on (pun intended). NHRA Pro Stock driver Larry Morgan has already announced he will be in a Mustang next season.

http://www.nhra.com/story/2009/5/27/pro-st...or-2010-season/

Interesting, I wonder what engine family they will be basing their new effort off of. Would the new 6.2 Boss truck engine be a good base or would they need to go back to 60's era big blocks as a base?

Interesting, I wonder what engine family they will be basing their new effort off of. Would the new 6.2 Boss truck engine be a good base or would they need to go back to 60's era big blocks as a base?

I remember reading something awhile back that Ford is developing a 500CI engine specifically for NHRA Pro Stock.

I remember reading something awhile back that Ford is developing a 500CI engine specifically for NHRA Pro Stock.

How will the prius look like when it has a big block engine under the hood and a hood scope where two trash can size 4 barrel carbs are sitting on top of the engine.

I think it will look terrible and a prius is not a HOT ROD, like other cars are.

Oh well, my two cents

How will the prius look like when it has a big block engine under the hood and a hood scope where two trash can size 4 barrel carbs are sitting on top of the engine.

I think it will look terrible and a prius is not a HOT ROD, like other cars are.

Oh well, my two cents

The Prius comment was a joke. Toyota would use different if they were to enter Pro Stock.

Tom, are you sure that was for Pro Stock? Ford did recently develop a new 500CI engine with John Force for the Top Fuel and Funny Car classes. I have not heard anything about Pro Stock though.