21 WEEKS AND WAITING

Could somone please help us. On 19 Feb we ordered our new convertible in prep for the summer. Now summer is HALF over and we are still waiting. According to our dealer we have been given just about every reason: "A/C Recall has delayed ALL deliveries" "The car is on the train" " The car is due in Port Newark Monday and I will personally send someone to pick it up so that you don't have to wait for the truck to be loaded" (That was LAST Mon) And probably my favorite "The transportation union is on strike and all cars are stuck at the factory" REALLY? With all the bailouts, GMC/Chrysler Going bankrupt, etc.. that little strike must have not made the news. Come on how stupid are we supposed to be. Now I need someone else's help.

Hopefully this really is going to upper management.

I could use some help:

I need some real info on our new car. Also I would like to get it while the summer is still here. And the obvious, how do I get another dealer to handle this

My VIN (according to the dealer) is : 1ZVBP8FH7A51Z1478

Dealer : F13456

Order No: 0001

Priority: 10

According to my Vehicle Order Confirmation these are my order codes:

P8F GT Conv Prem

U6

U

400A

99H

44L

86C

31S

43S

53B

58X

77C

MSRP: 41910.00

DLR INV: 38827.57

This is a LOADED Mustang that we are (maybe were) spending a lot of money on.

I expected more from Ford. Please help me make this right.

Thanks for your time

Could somone please help us. On 19 Feb we ordered our new convertible in prep for the summer. Now summer is HALF over and we are still waiting. According to our dealer we have been given just about every reason: "A/C Recall has delayed ALL deliveries" "The car is on the train" " The car is due in Port Newark Monday and I will personally send someone to pick it up so that you don't have to wait for the truck to be loaded" (That was LAST Mon) And probably my favorite "The transportation union is on strike and all cars are stuck at the factory" REALLY? With all the bailouts, GMC/Chrysler Going bankrupt, etc.. that little strike must have not made the news. Come on how stupid are we supposed to be. Now I need someone else's help.

Hopefully this really is going to upper management.

I could use some help:

I need some real info on our new car. Also I would like to get it while the summer is still here. And the obvious, how do I get another dealer to handle this

My VIN (according to the dealer) is : 1ZVBP8FH7A51Z1478

Dealer : F13456

Order No: 0001

Priority: 10

According to my Vehicle Order Confirmation these are my order codes:

P8F GT Conv Prem

U6

U

400A

99H

44L

86C

31S

43S

53B

58X

77C

MSRP: 41910.00

DLR INV: 38827.57

This is a LOADED Mustang that we are (maybe were) spending a lot of money on.

I expected more from Ford. Please help me make this right.

Thanks for your time

Now, I don't work for Ford, but what you can do is go to this address https://secure.ford.com/footer/contact-ford...leServiceIssues and put in the information about the order number the dealer and they can look through the database and see what the status is. They won't be able to put any pressure on anyone, but they can tell you what the status of the order is.

I'm sorry that it has taken this long and I hope that you get your vehicle soon.

Now, I don't work for Ford, but what you can do is go to this address https://secure.ford.com/footer/contact-ford...leServiceIssues and put in the information about the order number the dealer and they can look through the database and see what the status is. They won't be able to put any pressure on anyone, but they can tell you what the status of the order is.

I'm sorry that it has taken this long and I hope that you get your vehicle soon.

Thanks, I am going to try that now

Kewl. I just want to let you know that the VIN number as you have written it here is incorrect. The correct VIN number should be:

1ZVBP8FH5A51Z1478

The check digit on your VIN number is incorrect.

I checked it with https://www.fleet.ford.com and with the correct VIN number it shows the make and model of what you have ordered.

I hope that you haven't gotten taken by your dealer, that would suck big time.

Let us know what you find out.

Kewl. I just want to let you know that the VIN number as you have written it here is incorrect. The correct VIN number should be:

1ZVBP8FH5A51Z1478

I checked it with https://www.fleet.ford.com and with the correct VIN number it shows the make and model of what you have ordered.

Thanks again.

I don't have a login for fleet.ford.com - Unless I am not looking hard enough it appears that I need a FIN and I don't qualify under any of those right now, I am hopeful that a friend of mine can do this for me though.

I am already going to another dealer since I have suspicions of this one.

Not sure what you saw when you looked up the VIN but it sounds like you feel the same.

I will update once I have an answer from someone.

1ZVBP8FH5A51Z1478

question...if he has a vin number...exactly HOW could he be taken by the dealer?????????????

question...if he has a vin number...exactly HOW could he be taken by the dealer?????????????

Deanh, the VIN number that NJGiantsfan posted here was a bad VIN number. The check digit at position 9 was incorrect. So if you try to look up information on the VIN number that he gave it says invalid.

That is why I posted the correct one after doing some calculations. So if the dealership gave him that number and there were no typo's, then I believe that something is going on.

So it will be interesting to see what happens.

Is it a valid VIN number? I'll give you a VIN number for a 2011 Mustang.

I don't know how the dealreship would benefit from not helping this customer, but something does not feel right about this situation.

its a valid vin...( at least the first two and last eight are, and thats all i need )so wheres the argument now....

Edited by Deanh

Deanh, the VIN number that NJGiantsfan posted here was a bad VIN number. The check digit at position 9 was incorrect. So if you try to look up information on the VIN number that he gave it says invalid.

That is why I posted the correct one after doing some calculations. So if the dealership gave him that number and there were no typo's, then I believe that something is going on.

So it will be interesting to see what happens.

I punched first two and last eight into conceps...shows order type 1...HIS order....no problems with first two and last eight, which is all i need to verify.......could be shipping or commodity or allocation issues...ALTHOUGH if it has a vin allocation shouldnt be an issue.

Edited by Deanh

Is it a valid VIN number? I'll give you a VIN number for a 2011 Mustang.

I don't know how the dealreship would benefit from not helping this customer, but something does not feel right about this situation.

please ....do give me a vin for a 2011 mustang....we used to be able to check staus on an order by calling OPC ( Order Processing Center ) at 888-207-1248....not sure that system is still up and running, but may be worth a try...........

Edited by Deanh

please ....do give me a vin for a 2011 mustang....we used to be able to check staus on an order by calling OPC ( Order Processing Center ) at 888-207-1248....not sure that system is still up and running, but may be worth a try...........

Deanh, since you have the ability to check up on the status, why not take the first VIN number that was put on here and see what they are saying about it. I would expect that they will say that isn't a valid VIN. Then take my calculated VIN number and give it to them and see what comes up.

Deanh, since you have the ability to check up on the status, why not take the first VIN number that was put on here and see what they are saying about it. I would expect that they will say that isn't a valid VIN. Then take my calculated VIN number and give it to them and see what comes up.

actually both of you are wrong....the first two are correct...the last eight cannot have the letter Z in it, its the number 2....so last eight are A5121478.........all i can do is punch it in to check incentive etc, if its NOT a valid vin it will tell me, it comes up as a Order type 1, which is a RETAIL order for a customer, order type 2 is a stock order...so everything jives....like I said it could be one of several issues...evn including perhaps a QC issue....OR it could be being sent for a ship thru item...( he has spec'd auto start...not sure if that is factory installed )

Edited by Deanh

actually both of you are wrong....the first two are correct...the last eight cannot have the letter Z in it, its the number 2....so last eight are A5121478.........all i can do is punch it in to check incentive etc, if its NOT a valid vin it will tell me, it comes up as a Order type 1, which is a RETAIL order for a customer, order type 2 is a stock order...so everything jives....like I said it could be one of several issues...evn including perhaps a QC issue....OR it could be being sent for a ship thru item...( he has spec'd auto start...not sure if that is factory installed )

Deahn thanks for the information and I knew something was wrong. I figured out how to get the window sticker and here is the link.

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.co...VBP8FH7A5121478

Now, I and would figure that NJGiantsfan would need help to decipher certain information. If I read the window sticker correctly, this car was manufactured on 06 Jul 2009 or during that week. If that is the case then the car should be, being scheduled for delivery if the 2010 Mustangs shipping hold is over.

So depending on where NJGiantsfan lives, it could be at his dealership by the end of next week.

I'm not quite sure how I was wrong, the VIN provided is not valid. The dealer code provided is also incorrect.

Other than that, there is a Mustang that was ordered on Feb 19 that is headed to NJ. It was in Ohio yesterday.

back in the 05-06 ordering fiasco,heard of many 'dealer traded at over msrp' situations, but its hard to prove- I only knew of one undeniable case where this happened, surely there were many more that didnt know about blueovalforums - anyway a guy had his dora, his vin, and waited, and 'the car never got built'...he was kinda looking for another dealer but so pissed at 'ford'- anyway he mentioned his vinned order not getting built, and I said bullshit- if it was vinned it was built, and suggested he get kzinti to run the vin- built/shipped/delivered-to another party...car was dealer traded over MSRP before it hit the floor.

not all dealers are crooked, probably a very small percentage- but one bad apple can spread horror stories like this causing far more damage to a manufacturers reputation(and good dealers) than the one customer that gets screwed...that was one of the biggest reasons I loved the feedback Kzinti was offering- it gave the buyer a direct way to bypass the bullshit, and with a little bit of 'checks and balances' is better for everyone- helps keep shady dealers on the up-and-up, protects fords reputation AND makes the buyer involved in the process instead of told to sit in the corner and wait(and trust your dealer only for info). back during the 05 feeding frenzy there were far too many bad dealers out there pissing buyers off- and most of the time, Ford got the black eye over it.

it still kinda makes me sick Ford let this idea fade away.

Thanks for all of the feedback. I was able to

confirm that it is on Ohio. Let's just hope that

it doesn't take forever to hit NJ

NJGiantsfan, I hope that you get it here soon and you can really start enjoying it, especially with the summer we are having here on the east coast. Let us know and of course we would love to see pictures as well.

back in the 05-06 ordering fiasco,heard of many 'dealer traded at over msrp' situations, but its hard to prove- I only knew of one undeniable case where this happened, surely there were many more that didnt know about blueovalforums - anyway a guy had his dora, his vin, and waited, and 'the car never got built'...he was kinda looking for another dealer but so pissed at 'ford'- anyway he mentioned his vinned order not getting built, and I said bullshit- if it was vinned it was built, and suggested he get kzinti to run the vin- built/shipped/delivered-to another party...car was dealer traded over MSRP before it hit the floor.

not all dealers are crooked, probably a very small percentage- but one bad apple can spread horror stories like this causing far more damage to a manufacturers reputation(and good dealers) than the one customer that gets screwed...that was one of the biggest reasons I loved the feedback Kzinti was offering- it gave the buyer a direct way to bypass the bullshit, and with a little bit of 'checks and balances' is better for everyone- helps keep shady dealers on the up-and-up, protects fords reputation AND makes the buyer involved in the process instead of told to sit in the corner and wait(and trust your dealer only for info). back during the 05 feeding frenzy there were far too many bad dealers out there pissing buyers off- and most of the time, Ford got the black eye over it.

it still kinda makes me sick Ford let this idea fade away.

i had a couple of specialized factory orders sold from underneath me, so I am quite familiar, both times sales person and unscrupulous sales manager plaeded ignorance...amazing how NEITHER took the time or IGNORED ( more like it ) the window sticker clearly stating Order Type 1.... anyways...both are no longer here, but I can Vouch for the fact it is the actions of a few that blanket the majority with a reputation I take umbrage too. Enjoy your new Mustang...i will no doubt see you slow driving past girls high schools...LOL!