Weatherstrip?

thezip

I was wondering how other plants deal with the painful installation of doorboots,wirelooms,and weatherstrips?Are these jobs rotated where you are?What kind of tools?Anyone else sick of the bad design that makes using motrin or prescription drugs a must in order to do the job?Or the fact that the nature of the job takes away the enjoyment of outside activities?I know,I know, take a buyout,bitch to union(done and not any satisfaction)Again any idea what happens at your plant?

I was wondering how other plants deal with the painful installation of doorboots,wirelooms,and weatherstrips?Are these jobs rotated where you are?What kind of tools?Anyone else sick of the bad design that makes using motrin or prescription drugs a must in order to do the job?Or the fact that the nature of the job takes away the enjoyment of outside activities?I know,I know, take a buyout,bitch to union(done and not any satisfaction)Again any idea what happens at your plant?

What plant did you end up at Zip??

Back at WAP!Everyone who didnt sign for either dtp or aai got called back on aug. 10.

Hey thezip I am so glad u were able to go back to WAP. I was one that signed for DTP :banghead: (hate I did but glad to be working) just be glad you didnt go to DTP dont know what job you are referring to at WAP but I work on the engine line at DTP and it sucks :censored: . So hang in there it cant be worst than DTP. I am home sick but grateful to have a job. WAP is a piece of cake compared to building F150. They anit kidding "Built Ford Tough" is an understatement!! Make that money as long as you can!!!! :happy feet:

Edited by WayneGirl1970

Hey thezip I am so glad u were able to go back to WAP. I was one that signed for DTP :banghead: (hate I did but glad to be working) just be glad you didnt go to DTP dont know what job you are referring to at WAP but I work on the engine line at DTP and it sucks :censored: . So hang in there it cant be worst than DTP. I am home sick but grateful to have a job. WAP is a piece of cake compared to building F150. They anit kidding "Built Ford Tough" is an understatement!! Make that money as long as you can!!!! :happy feet:

I luv my job at DTP!

I signed up for DTP as well. im at the start of the engine line, trans pick and deck.. no fun indeed..

no one rotates. that's why DTP sucks. :doh:

I should of stated that yes i am somewhat glad to be back to work(had a very nice time being laid off so i shouldnt bitch too much)however,I did a job alot like the one im on now at mtp with stax of medical passes under my belt,My hands had sstill given me problems before i got on this one,Mgt knows which jobs are the problems yet nothing gets done if you go to medical you get labeled a whiner go on restriction and the label gets worse,from people who have never done the job.I have heard bad things about the trans pick a buddy did that job did the job a few years ago.Anyway,I guess the point is that not every job needs to be rotated but the ones they know of should be.Its medically documented that there is less possibility of injury when jobs are rotated.

The parts are usually heated so they can "pour" onto the vehicle... Grommrts use petroleum jelly... Very minimal cases of medicals if the ergonomics are correctly in place.

You don't wanna work ? Quit! what the fuck kind of a ? is this? do the fucking job and shut the hell up or quit. Any special tools... bad design... taking away outside enjoyment... You sound like a fucking twat!

You don't wanna work ? Quit! what the fuck kind of a ? is this? do the fucking job and shut the hell up or quit. Any special tools... bad design... taking away outside enjoyment... You sound like a fucking twat!

Just because a person states a complaint about their job it doesnt mean they dont thank God that they are getting a check. We are using this platform just to vent, blow off steam. Jerzey you really need to relax your tone is really uncalled for we all Thank God everyday that we are working cause there are many of hourly workers waiting to get a call to report somewhere...anywhere. But if folks want to get things off their chest instead going postal at work please let them. You sound kinda postal yourself (hope you dont work at DTP) chill out enjoy your vacation stop being a bully.

Sorry , bud I just dont't understand where you are coming from . Maybe if you got the DICK out of your mouth people could understand your rhetoric ........... MORON ! :finger:

I also install weatherstrip ...we use purple merpol, it makes install much easier...

I also install weatherstrip ...we use purple merpol, it makes install much easier...

Please , be careful w/that stuff . Merpol is a known carcinogen ( cancer causing agent ) do your own research w/material safety data sheet . I can't believe we still allow that in our plants. you get it on your skin , which is inevitable , report it to medical ! We use to use soap & water instead . Merpol has a # on the barrel have health & safety give you the material safety data . Be careful out there .