The Captain is the biggest suckass ever!

partdawg

Most of what you said here is factual, however it was the reaction to the sales market, and loss of market share that drove it all. The CEO's compensation is BS, and Wagoner was just a sacrificial lamb to save face. What other top managers took concessions, They didn't they cut heads to preserve their own compensation.

The other difference is that 20 years ago when you hired in there was no NAFTA, and the auto market had not seen it's ceiling yet. Times were still good, and you did not have foreign autos dumped on our shores in their current volumes. You also didn't have congressmen and senators sitting on national T.V. telling the American public that you build products no one wants.

I know what your saying about the differences between the union 20 years ago and now, but you cannot ignore the other side. We are living in a much different economic climate, and I'm hoping the storm will be over soon.

Furious I must say we think so much alike it is scary.

Notice our posts responding to Cecil were posted 1 minute apart and yet they are very similar.......... Scary?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of what you said here is factual, however it was the reaction to the sales market, and loss of market share that drove it all. The CEO's compensation is BS, and Wagoner was just a sacrificial lamb to save face. What other top managers took concessions, They didn't they cut heads to preserve their own compensation.

The other difference is that 20 years ago when you hired in there was no NAFTA, and the auto market had not seen it's ceiling yet. Times were still good, and you did not have foreign autos dumped on our shores in their current volumes. You also didn't have congressmen and senators sitting on national T.V. telling the American public that you build products no one wants.

I know what your saying about the differences between the union 20 years ago and now, but you cannot ignore the other side. We are living in a much different economic climate, and I'm hoping the storm will be over soon.

Furious I agree with everything you said.Our politicians bear the biggest responsibility.They are the ones who passed nafta.The problem I have with the union is its deafening silence on that issue.Why have they not put our case out to the public.The media tears us apart and they say nothing.Tell people how much we make and the conditions we work under.Make the case for universal care for all people and a living wage for anyone who works or are disabled.The problem for me is the unions silence on these issues including the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.So when I'm blasting the union its on these issues.Yes I realize the economy is in shambles but that is no reason to be silent and not put the blame where it belongs.As for as the captain I was never rude to the guy until he starting cussing at me and calling me dirty names.After a while I decided I was not going to keep puting up with his foul mouth and personal attacks.But you furious I have respect for for the simple fact you do not start attacking and calling people names.You actually have intelligent things and opinions.So tell the captain to come back.But also tell him if he cannot take it do not dish it out!And finally People on this forum I do not wish to go on strike.It would probably be the end for the union.But there comes a point when you have to take a stand.I know the saying live to fight another day but hell the war is going to be over here shortly if we do not even attempt to stand up to corporate america!

Furious I agree with everything you said.Our politicians bear the biggest responsibility.They are the ones who passed nafta.The problem I have with the union is its deafening silence on that issue.Why have they not put our case out to the public.The media tears us apart and they say nothing.Tell people how much we make and the conditions we work under.Make the case for universal care for all people and a living wage for anyone who works or are disabled.The problem for me is the unions silence on these issues including the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.So when I'm blasting the union its on these issues.Yes I realize the economy is in shambles but that is no reason to be silent and not put the blame where it belongs.As for as the captain I was never rude to the guy until he starting cussing at me and calling me dirty names.After a while I decided I was not going to keep puting up with his foul mouth and personal attacks.But you furious I have respect for for the simple fact you do not start attacking and calling people names.You actually have intelligent things and opinions.So tell the captain to come back.But also tell him if he cannot take it do not dish it out!And finally People on this forum I do not wish to go on strike.It would probably be the end for the union.But there comes a point when you have to take a stand.I know the saying live to fight another day but hell the war is going to be over here shortly if we do not even attempt to stand up to corporate america!

When members decide to work to rule they will begin to put the message out.

You guys seem to have it in your tiny little brains that unless you work on an assembly line, you're not really working. Believe it or not, the ability to do something besides the same task over and over can be called work.

I can easily say that I wish I got paid $78,000 last year for pushing a button all day.

Look outside your shitty little bubble.

How much did you get paid last year for pissing customers off and sending them to Toyota not to get screwed on a deal? Whatever it was, it was too much.

Seriously, stop posting in the employee section. You don't work for Ford.

If captain 723 is Jodey Dunn you are all mistaken on his character. He is a great guy who has done alot for the union. By no means is he a "Company man". I've seen him get into the face on alot of mgnt. as our plant chairman. They closed our plant so he was skilled enough to get a job with the iuaw. Who can blame him. Any one of us would do the same thing in his situation. If its not him than hey Jodey whats up!

Captain is not Jodey.

And, I will not get into a discussion about Jodey's character. Everybody has their opinion. mine is different than yours.