Ford adds third shift at Michigan, Kansas plants

foxrun

To bad Ford doesn't have a plant in Kansas.

Sometimes it takes more than reading the headline

Ford Motor Co. (F-N7.670.060.79%) said on Thursday it plans to add a third shift to production plants in Michigan and Missouri to meet increased demand for its F-150 trucks and Escape crossover vehicles.

In the lorain journal on friday in the business section ford will add shift in detroit and missouri

I love when people say they are adding a third crew when a third crew at DTP has already been there. We've just been on rotational layoff.

yeah and we'll all work for a few weeks or a month or two and then lay em off again either one shift or all three!

We can say negative thing's that happend in the past but the " C " crew is not going away anytime soon. DTP will have to run those 3 shift's due to the upswing in volume that was brought over from KTP. I truly believe that the worse is behind us !! I don't work at DTP but I use to and I will say this to all you workers at DTP, keep up the good job and keep Ford going by building the best pick up in the world !!!!

yeah and we'll all work for a few weeks or a month or two and then lay em off again either one shift or all three!

Easy there, Steve. But I think most of us understand where you're comin' from. Most of us are thinking something like, "hey, glad ppl are going back to work and even gettin' some o/t (myself included),

but bloody hell, are sales and demand up that much?"

I hope this ain't the start of the old cycle: overproduce, then, when the trucks don't sell, slap $5K rebates on the hood, and the resale goes to hell. We'll see.

I hope this ain't the start of the old cycle: overproduce, then, when the trucks don't sell, slap $5K rebates on the hood, and the resale goes to hell. We'll see.

I don't see it as an increase in production, the 2nd shift building trucks is switching over to the Escape side. It will still be the same amount of shifts building trucks. The only increase that I can see happening is if KC has there 1 shift going on OT.

Easy there, Steve. But I think most of us understand where you're comin' from. Most of us are thinking something like, "hey, glad ppl are going back to work and even gettin' some o/t (myself included),

Yeah working is better than not.

I have heard that we might be retooling for the 8ft box during the winter, don't tell KCAP!

Although we have heard that last year and the year before too!