New 2010 Milan Purchase

carforford

Hey Guys,

On Friday August 28, I traded my 2003 Explorer for a 2010 Milan with AWD. It's Black Metallic with Charcoal Leather, also has the Sony 12 Speaker Sound, Sync, etc...

The car is absolutely beautiful in every way. That 3.0 motor is really quick, and handling and steering are very precise.

The seats are very comfortable as well. I will keep you guys posted as I put the miles on!

Also going to to be purchasing a new Mustang GT Premium Conv. soon so I will post in the Mustang area as well when I get that car.

Thanks

Hey Guys,

Didn't get a chance to take any pics yet. We had 4 days of straight rain here and I have also been really sick so I have not been out that much, just to work and back. With that the car has about 200 miles on it. The quality is really up there and materials, wormanship etc...are the best I have seen.

I have a question: When taking it for gas, I have never filled up a cap less system before. Do i just put the nozzle in, it feels and then I pull it out and that's it?

Thanks for the info.

Hey Guys,

Didn't get a chance to take any pics yet. We had 4 days of straight rain here and I have also been really sick so I have not been out that much, just to work and back. With that the car has about 200 miles on it. The quality is really up there and materials, wormanship etc...are the best I have seen.

I have a question: When taking it for gas, I have never filled up a cap less system before. Do i just put the nozzle in, it feels and then I pull it out and that's it?

Thanks for the info.

Congrats on your new ride. As far as filling it up with gas, fill it up as you normally would, only don't take off the cap (or put it back on). :)

Congrats on your new ride. As far as filling it up with gas, fill it up as you normally would, only don't take off the cap (or put it back on). :)

On my road trip I stopped at a full service station and watched the attendant reaching in and trying to remove a cap. He stuck his hand in and tried to turn several times before I came out and told him it was a capless system. "I ain't seen noting like that before" he said. I tried to explain the new Fords have a capless filler tube but he didn't seem very interested.

I have found that you can overfill very easily. I've left fuel on the ground in the past and only realized it a couple of fills ago. After the first shut off, I only round up to the next shut off to avoid spilling money on the ground.

On my road trip I stopped at a full service station and watched the attendant reaching in and trying to remove a cap. He stuck his hand in and tried to turn several times before I came out and told him it was a capless system. "I ain't seen noting like that before" he said. I tried to explain the new Fords have a capless filler tube but he didn't seem very interested.

I have found that you can overfill very easily. I've left fuel on the ground in the past and only realized it a couple of fills ago. After the first shut off, I only round up to the next shut off to avoid spilling money on the ground.

I don't even go that far. I just fill it to the first click off.

Are you saying you can get 2 clicks?

I don't even go that far. I just fill it to the first click off.

Are you saying you can get 2 clicks?

The second click is 6 to 10 cents at the most before it clicks and the third is maybe 2 cents. I discovered the final click was ending up on the ground. Not a lot of $ but... Give a Hoot, Don't Pollute. Or as Krusty says, Give a Hoot, Read a Book. :hysterical:

Finally got Gas.

Pulled in to the filling station. There was a guy who pulled in front of me with a 2010 Mustang V6 Convertible. He said he loves his car...

Anyway filled the Milan with 93 Octane just to see what the power difference if any the premium would be. The fill itself was very easy without the cap and when the pump shut I went one more click to "round up". No gas spill, everything went well.

I have a question with regard to the Sat. Radio. Since I have a 6 month free subscription, at what point am I notified to pay for the service. I will def. pay for it as I love it. I also have a home subscription as well. Will they let me know, or do I have to call Sirius/XM and give the radio ID?

Thanks.

Finally got Gas.

Pulled in to the filling station. There was a guy who pulled in front of me with a 2010 Mustang V6 Convertible. He said he loves his car...

Anyway filled the Milan with 93 Octane just to see what the power difference if any the premium would be. The fill itself was very easy without the cap and when the pump shut I went one more click to "round up". No gas spill, everything went well.

I have a question with regard to the Sat. Radio. Since I have a 6 month free subscription, at what point am I notified to pay for the service. I will def. pay for it as I love it. I also have a home subscription as well. Will they let me know, or do I have to call Sirius/XM and give the radio ID?

Thanks.

If I recall correctly, they will notify you. Then you just call Sirius and extend. We did that on my wife's '08 and paid the year sub. They may ask you for your radio ID but that will be on the paperwork.

The thing that stinks is, you can't get the Sirius Online until you resub. Till then, the account is listed under Ford.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks.

They will call you everyday a week before your free subscription is over. It gets annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

Wheel Alignment 1250 Miles.

After about 1225 miles, I noticed that the new Milan needed a wheel alignment.

The steering wheel had been pointing to the right by about 3 degrees or so but the car was tracking straight. Dealer did the 4 wheel alignment, and now everything handles the way it did when I first got it, 26 days ago.

The funny thing was that it must have been something gradual that affected it. Report said that all 4 wheels were slighly out and that I would have noticed the condition soon had I not brought it in right away.

Car has been great so far, and loking forward to putting on the miles!

carforford,

I know this is off topic, but I noticed that you once owned a 76 Cutlass Supreme. My first car was a 77 Cutlass Supreme and I absolutly loved that car. You must have loved the 455 Rocket.

Thank you for bringing back some memories.

Yes, it was fast. Actually my Mom & Dad bought it new in 1976. The car came in for delivery in June and I was born in Sept. of '76. It was a Cutlass Supreme 2 Door with No Vinyl Top (An oddity in those days) plus the 455. It also had the small "dog dish hubcaps" but had full power everything. When I turned 16 I got to drive it. It was driven till 1997 when rust had really taken it's toll on it. It was too far gone. How many kids can actually say that they got to drive the car that really brought them in to the world?

• 1 month later...