Drove a Fiesta Today!!

builtfordtough13

My dad and I were in town today and drove by about five fiestas sitting in a parking lot, and so of course we went to check them out and they happened to be giving test drive so we drove two different ones.

First was a 1.4L 4 spd auto select shift w/ 95 hp cloth interior:

Very nice looking and different than anything else, just as roomy and comfortable as our focus in a smaller more effiecient package, they drive them all over the country and have been getting 40+ mpg. Very well laid out interior w/ cool stuff, like rain sensing wipers, proxiemty key,push button start. For such a small engine it had good power and was just as fast as our focus and handled way better.

Second was a 1.6L 5 spd manual w/ 120 hp loaded:

Looked the same, didn't like the green apple color, but has very nice black leather interior with soft touch plastics all around, again really cool tech goodies, and everything you would need in a car. The 1.6 w/ a manual flat out scooted much faster than the focus w/ a 0-60 time in about 7 sec. i would say. Very good off the line power and it still handles awesomely.

In talking to the guy he said the 1.6L will be the only aviable engine here with a both the auto and manual, and he said it will likely be equipped with a 4 cyl ecoboost!!! The only thing we felt needed to be fixed was the shifter area intruded into the drivers area a little to much, no arm rests, and small cup holders. Apprentaly they are having to run it with 92 (because of it being a euro spec car.) octane, which I hope they make it run off good ol 87.

Overall I think ford has a winner on there hands. Sorry for the lack of pics as I didn't know they were around here.

My dad and I were in town today and drove by about five fiestas sitting in a parking lot, and so of course we went to check them out and they happened to be giving test drive so we drove two different ones.

First was a 1.4L 4 spd auto select shift w/ 95 hp cloth interior:

Very nice looking and different than anything else, just as roomy and comfortable as our focus in a smaller more effiecient package, they drive them all over the country and have been getting 40+ mpg. Very well laid out interior w/ cool stuff, like rain sensing wipers, proxiemty key,push button start. For such a small engine it had good power and was just as fast as our focus and handled way better.

Second was a 1.6L 5 spd manual w/ 120 hp loaded:

Looked the same, didn't like the green apple color, but has very nice black leather interior with soft touch plastics all around, again really cool tech goodies, and everything you would need in a car. The 1.6 w/ a manual flat out scooted much faster than the focus w/ a 0-60 time in about 7 sec. i would say. Very good off the line power and it still handles awesomely.

In talking to the guy he said the 1.6L will be the only aviable engine here with a both the auto and manual, and he said it will likely be equipped with a 4 cyl ecoboost!!! The only thing we felt needed to be fixed was the shifter area intruded into the drivers area a little to much, no arm rests, and small cup holders. Apprentaly they are having to run it with 92 (because of it being a euro spec car.) octane, which I hope they make it run off good ol 87.

Overall I think ford has a winner on there hands. Sorry for the lack of pics as I didn't know they were around here.

When are the Fiesta's going to be in South Central Pennsylvania ???????????????????

Would be nice to see and drive the Fiesta since Ford made all the big hoop Lah ?????????????

Go to www.fiestamovement.com and click "Test Drives". If you find a city close to you, make a note of the date and come back to the site on that day. Then there will be a "Track Us Live" button under the city name. Click it and you'll see exactly where the cars are.

Thanks to that, I was able to find them last Thursday after missing out the last time they were in my town.

• 2 months later...
Go to www.fiestamovement.com and click "Test Drives". If you find a city close to you, make a note of the date and come back to the site on that day. Then there will be a "Track Us Live" button under the city name. Click it and you'll see exactly where the cars are.

Thanks to that, I was able to find them last Thursday after missing out the last time they were in my town.

Does the fiesta replace the current focus in the USA?

No. The current Focus will continue for another year+. The '12 Focus will be on sale in early '11 I think. It will be the new 'world' Focus.

thanks! I wonder how the present focus would continue to sell at the same price as the new fiesta..

Can't see a consumer going for the present focus compared to this new and exciting Fiesta..

It's bigger and to some people that will be important.

I'd have a really tough time finding the present focus a competitor to the new and exciting Fiesta ...especially if they are very close in price.

Not a flame to the very good selling ford focus...its just its been around quite a while and I thought ford might stop production of the existing focus to allow the fiesta the price range....and have possibly the european focus fill in the slot just above the fiesta ...

So you are suggesting the new fiesta starting at 13 to 15 grand and then optioned upward will be sold along side the existing ford focus in US trim..

Thanks for the heads up. I was not aware ..

I'd have a really tough time finding the present focus a competitor to the new and exciting Fiesta ...especially if they are very close in price.

Not a flame to the very good selling ford focus...its just its been around quite a while and I thought ford might stop production of the existing focus to allow the fiesta the price range....and have possibly the european focus fill in the slot just above the fiesta ...

So you are suggesting the new fiesta starting at 13 to 15 grand and then optioned upward will be sold along side the existing ford focus in US trim..

Thanks for the heads up. I was not aware ..

Considering the timing of the Fiesta debut and the Euro Focus - yes, absolutely. Even if Focus loses some sales to the Fiesta they will still sell quite a few. They may cut back on production volume to match sales demand but not selling the Focus for a year would be stupid.

Considering the timing of the Fiesta debut and the Euro Focus - yes, absolutely. Even if Focus loses some sales to the Fiesta they will still sell quite a few. They may cut back on production volume to match sales demand but not selling the Focus for a year would be stupid.

Didn't realize there was such passion for the Focus.. I thought the fiesta was a replacment vehicle ...Didn't even realize the present focus would be continued....but since joining this site..I see it has quite a following.

I recently sat in a focus and didn't realize a car could get much smaler...

For some reason...(and again I apologize) I just assumed the interior dimensions of the new fiesta would be nearly the same size as the present focus..and they would be duplicating....

Glad I found this site and got the low down ...

Ford has a great lineup....the new fiesta which is about to redefine the small car in america for a very reasonable price.. and it offers the first wave of economy cars in america that offer the high performance and fuel efficient DSG automatic transmission ..

Once other manufacturers see the benefit of the DSG in high efficiency fun driving vehicles..

I believe one test drive of the fiesta vs the present focus and 99 percent of the buyers would opt for the fiesta...

Again..its not a slam on the present focus but rather an extremely favorable opinion of the new fiesta..

The current Focus certainly has room for improvement and we'll see that in the next version. Focus is a C-car like the Civic and Corolla. The Fiesta, Fit, Yaris and Versa are all B-cars which is one size smaller.

As great as the Fiesta seems, there will certainly be some folks who prefer the Focus styling or simply want the extra room. I don't think anyone here would argue that the Fiesta will be a better car.

The current Focus certainly has room for improvement and we'll see that in the next version. Focus is a C-car like the Civic and Corolla. The Fiesta, Fit, Yaris and Versa are all B-cars which is one size smaller.

As great as the Fiesta seems, there will certainly be some folks who prefer the Focus styling or simply want the extra room. I don't think anyone here would argue that the Fiesta will be a better car.

I didn't realize the fiesta would have less room than the focus.. I test drove a Honda fit and although it looked great ....I believe it was the automatic transmission that ruined the car..

I need a little car to travel into manhattan so I have been shopping these little cars...

I believe the DSG transmission will be the deciding factor that will allow someone to buy a fuel efficient automatic equipped city car.....and not hate every minute of driving it..(overstated but you get my drift) like I did when I drove the honda fit..

I can't beleive it when I see it wins car and drivers ten best ....in both automatic and manual form.. Iam sure the manual is fun and peppy...but the bright red fit sport was such a dog with the automatic trans it wasn't funny..

It was the lack of speed so much as the whirling noise of the transmission and engine that promoted nothing with regards to forward motion...

Not to get too far off topic..the DSG transmission should make for the fiesta to be a great drive..

• 2 months later...