piss poor management

I do have one question for you since every thing I read seemed to be part related. How was the quality of the assembly?

How do I know if the faults were with assemply or parts related.

There was a sticker on the vehicle that quality is job 1 well not in the case of my vehicle. Felt that it should have been FIX OR REPAIR DAILY=FORD

When I buy anything I expect that it will work as intended.

Ford builds the vehicles and then a franchise will sell the vehicle.

If there are problems the service department at the franchise will repair the vehicle and FORD will pay them for doint the repairs.

Its just the consumer that is screwed in my case for 5 months.

Airbags according to the owner of the selling dealership are supplemental to seatbelts. So I wonder why they are there at all.

because thats the way management is. its all about writing people up and getting people in trouble. its really a shame that we cant have supervisors that treat thier people like humans instead of like animals. my veiw is if you treat your people good you get much better work and your people have much higher morale. when people are treated like shit, thier morale goes out the window, and the dont do near as good of a job. i work much harder for a boss that treats me like a person. i would even go as far as doing them favors that are not part of my job, just to help us run better and be more productive, but when i am treated like a dog, i do my job, no more and no less.

:blah: :blah: :blah: same ol' shit....different day. this has to be the worst managed company i have ever seen in my entire life. uaw members try to build quality trucks but management wont let us. when we use the stop button to try and correct a problem, bosses turn the line back on b4 they even know what the problem is....they give the same ol' answer, ship it ---someone else will catch it. thats 100% right, the customer is catching it and thats part of why ppl are defecting to toyotas and nissans. fords management has gotten themselves into the boat they're in now but its always the blue collar worker that suffers..... through layoffs, pay cuts, benefit losses, ect. we only go to work and build it like we are told, its not our fault that engineering is a joke as well as 1/2 the crappy parts that come from mexican vendors. been a ford person my whole life and want to see the company turn around as bad as anyone, but dont see it happening :titanic: until management cant take some responsibility as well :shrug:

Hello KTP69! I work at MTP on the assembly line. Saw the subject of piss poor management and couldn't agree more! QAS?? HaHaHa!!! The big reply from supervisors on a red light is "We'll catch in on the fly. Turn it on." I'm on a delta job. Should crossthreads, spinners, missing clips, etc. be caught on the fly??? This is public safety we're talking about here. Quality Job 1?? HaHaHa! And something else that wasn't mentioned by you or anyone that replied to you: A supervisor or anyone else who turns the line back on without asking what is wrong is seriously endangering other employees. What if someones foot was stuck in the line?? When are these people going to get a clue? Safety? Ha!!! Also, did you guys read about MTP emplyees taking 40 minute bathroom breaks?? It was in the newspapers, local tv news, as well as CNN!! How disrespectful is that???

im not dogging our product, but i work in trim as well, and i see every day management ripping peoples asses for shutting the line off. delta jobs dont mean shit here. quaNity is what matters here. keep the line running and get 770 trucks and go to the house, worry bout tommorow when it gets here, thats managements perspective. thats 1/2 the reason fomoco is in the boat its in right now

Hey, man you are 100% CORRECT!! I've been in TRIM for nearly 9 years and it's a constant battle against the ineptitude of middle and upper plant level management. All of us @ KTP are in the same boat. It takes some a little longer to see the light. Ford isn't the only place to work. Don't let the union scare you with," at least you gotta job". Fuck that and the neo nazi strong armed tactics.

Don't let the union scare you with," at least you gotta job". Fuck that and the neo nazi strong armed tactics.

That is one of the worst things the union could possibly be saying to anyone. Maybe they should be saying "At least you have a job for now" since that attitude will cause worse quality and more lost customers which will reduce market share which will cost more jobs in the end. The union has lost its way but that is a different topic.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
wanna here a good one? our order bank is now 44,250.........so whats mgmt do?? run chassis line 10.5 hrs production. WTF??

that 44,250 looked really good a month ago, now its round about 28,000....no overtime now though. less than 8 hrs a day with down weeks scheduled

You cant fig. out this management. I Will NOT by the product I make for two reasons,

1. NO job to pay for it in 6 mo.

2. Quality and style just isnt there to justify 38k.

P.S. Another family member just bought a competitor's ride. Chy. 300 now sits in my sister-in laws not a TC. That makes 5 possible lost A plans since Feb. and I cant stop the defection if I wanted to AND YOU CANT EITHER.

Last Monday at MTP we started running the 07 Expeditions and Navigators. We had a meeting at the beginning of the shift in the bodyshop. Management said, "Quality is our #1 concern. We want people to learn their jobs and learn what to look for to ensure the trucks that go to the customer are 100% perfect. We will be running the trucks spread far apart, and only 50 units per day. And if we don't even hit 50 units, who cares. It's all about quality".

On Monday, we ran between 40-45 units.

Tuesday, is was almost 100.

Wednesday, after losing about 1.5 hours due to a plant meeting, we ran about 120 units.

Thursday and Friday we ran around 150 units. Many times trucks were right on top of each other coming down the line.

By Friday, "business as usual" took over. I'm sure nobody was surprised.

All we can do is sit back and watch the bleeding...

Last Monday at MTP we started running the 07 Expeditions and Navigators. We had a meeting at the beginning of the shift in the bodyshop. Management said, "Quality is our #1 concern. We want people to learn their jobs and learn what to look for to ensure the trucks that go to the customer are 100% perfect. We will be running the trucks spread far apart, and only 50 units per day. And if we don't even hit 50 units, who cares. It's all about quality".

On Monday, we ran between 40-45 units.

Tuesday, is was almost 100.

Wednesday, after losing about 1.5 hours due to a plant meeting, we ran about 120 units.

Thursday and Friday we ran around 150 units. Many times trucks were right on top of each other coming down the line.

By Friday, "business as usual" took over. I'm sure nobody was surprised.

All we can do is sit back and watch the bleeding...

Just make sure you folks down there at Michigan truck watch your axles you get and let us know in the Sterling threads of what's going on.

Read it for yourself!

People just dont get it, they want shitty products and defects, then they can say that plant is not making a quality product and then they can shut it down, then ship the stuff to mexico, where the wages are $29 a day, and no union, who cares what the quality is then because the profits would out weigh it.

They want the American Public to keep believing that North America sector is unprofitable, Period. What I would like to know is WHY managment allows this to go on???? wont they be out of a job too?

It is a total shame,,,

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!

:woohoo:

Hello KTP69! I work at MTP on the assembly line. Saw the subject of piss poor management and couldn't agree more! QAS?? HaHaHa!!! The big reply from supervisors on a red light is "We'll catch in on the fly. Turn it on." I'm on a delta job. Should crossthreads, spinners, missing clips, etc. be caught on the fly??? This is public safety we're talking about here. Quality Job 1?? HaHaHa! And something else that wasn't mentioned by you or anyone that replied to you: A supervisor or anyone else who turns the line back on without asking what is wrong is seriously endangering other employees. What if someones foot was stuck in the line?? When are these people going to get a clue? Safety? Ha!!! Also, did you guys read about MTP emplyees taking 40 minute bathroom breaks?? It was in the newspapers, local tv news, as well as CNN!! How disrespectful is that???

Yeah, the 40 min bathroom breaks they were talking about are your contractual breaks during your shift. No mention of that in the article, just an assasination of workers. They don't tell you in offices around the country people are hanging out at the water cooler, surfing the internet, spanking their monkies, going outside for smokes.

It's part of Billys paid for propaganda campaign against union labor, to get public opinion against organized labor. These corporate killers make Georbles look like just a circus barker. They own the newspapers! Any idea how much money they pay in advertising?

Yeah, the 40 min bathroom breaks they were talking about are your contractual breaks during your shift. No mention of that in the article, just an assasination of workers. They don't tell you in offices around the country people are hanging out at the water cooler, surfing the internet, spanking their monkies, going outside for smokes.

It's part of Billys paid for propaganda campaign against union labor, to get public opinion against organized labor. These corporate killers make Georbles look like just a circus barker. They own the newspapers! Any idea how much money they pay in advertising?

It is quite sad when this propaganda against union labor is used to get the attention of the public, but up until the big recall of Toyotas, the company never raised hell with the NEWS NAZIS about always having the US companys slightest little inperfection put out on the front page or the opening line of the 5 o'clock news and the Japanese either ignored or put in the back burner, so to speak. Now.......How fair is that? And the public just eats the bait, hook line and sinker :shrug:

What is truely sad is every employee on this forum would rather be posting on a thread called "Ford's great management" rather than "Piss poor management". No one that I have ever met came into Ford with a bad attitude towards them but most people have a bad attitude concerning the company within 2 years.

Why is that?

Ford is all about cliques and politics.Those who know someone with the company or UAW are special.This creates an atmosphere of entitlement,resentment and dis-trust.The cliques can be very harassing either passively or actively.If you are not protected by minority status you are a "fair game"target for abuse.

Ford is all about cliques and politics.Those who know someone with the company or UAW are special.This creates an atmosphere of entitlement,resentment and dis-trust.

You left out the part about politicly correct yes men. I've dealt with Ford reps since 1979 when i worked at a Motorcraft warehouse in California. The best rep we ever had made the mistake of backing up the warehouse manager when the bigwigs were giving him a bad time about our fill rate on common items like the DY425 and DU1C etc. When in fact our fill rate was poor because the parts were on back order and we had no one but Ford to purchase them from. Needless to say his career became stagnent and he quit. I'm thinking Bill needs to hire some one that will give FACTS not popular opinion.

I know that's a long time ago but i guess that's my point the people and product have changed, but the attitude remains the same.

Ford needs to make some serious changes in attitude.

Edited by Ron W.

Ford is all about cliques and politics.Those who know someone with the company or UAW are special.This creates an atmosphere of entitlement,resentment and dis-trust.The cliques can be very harassing either passively or actively.If you are not protected by minority status you are a "fair game"target for abuse.

EXACTLY!!! You ain't getting no argument from me brother! :rockon::rockon::rockon: