Is the mustang leaving flat rock?

Gooshie

I doubt it. Where else could Ford build the Mustang at this point? It is about a 100,000- 120,000 unit a year vehichle- too little to justify its own assembly plant. Also, what would be built in its place at Auto Alliance?

Think Wayne Assembly. All Focus production moves to new Michigan Assembly next year leaving the just the right size for nich production Wayne ready and available. Ford moves out of Flat Rock leaving Mazda with more capacity to move more product to USA. More UAW jobs. Ok. so I can dream can't I?

Edited by voodoo

Think Wayne Assembly. All Focus production moves to new Michigan Assembly next year leaving the just the right size for nich production Wayne ready and available. Ford moves out of Flat Rock leaving Mazda with more capacity to move more product to USA. More UAW jobs. Ok. so I can dream can't I?

I hope you are right :happy feet: Perhaps Flat Rock could be used for more Fusion production as well.

I hope you are right :happy feet: Perhaps Flat Rock could be used for more Fusion production as well.

The FUSION will never be built in the US by UAW workers........With labor cheap in Mexico Ford can sell this car at a nice reasonable price to the consumer and still make huge profits.....Why do you think the Fusion sells well,cause its an affordable car..Why is it affordable,cause its built with cheap labor.......We can't compete with Mexican wages so unless you want to work for about $4.00 an hour don't look to be building the Fusion....

The FUSION will never be built in the US by UAW workers........With labor cheap in Mexico Ford can sell this car at a nice reasonable price to the consumer and still make huge profits.....Why do you think the Fusion sells well,cause its an affordable car..Why is it affordable,cause its built with cheap labor.......We can't compete with Mexican wages so unless you want to work for about $4.00 an hour don't look to be building the Fusion....

Not so fast...Wasn't the focus at one time built in Mexico and they brought it back to United States? I think bringing the Milan and Fusion to Flat Rock along with the Mustang would be a home run!! Always remember there can be cheap wages down there but there still must be a cost in shipping vehicles and parts. Incentives to bring vehicles to the U.S. are always probably on the table. Now that the gov. helped rescue some sales recently in the cash for clunkers, I'm sure the gov. will be looking for a return favor. More jobs helps our economy and more people buying vehicles.

ford makes $1000 more for building it in mexico.. mustang to KC....

Rumor is the mustang has to be out of flat rock by the end of next year

Calm down! Its all rumors thats all it is. The mustang isnt going anywhere its staying right where it is Flatrock! The Mustang is having the best quality at Flatrock since this car has been in production. So on to the next rumor

Edited by Die Wahrheit

Calm down! Its all rumors thats all it is. The mustang isnt going anywhere its staying right where it is Flatrock! The Mustang is having the best quality at Flatrock since this car has been in production. So on to the next rumor

Thank you. Tell em again. Look for Flat Rock to get a new vehicle on the Stang chasis. "MKR"

Edited by hi-lo feva2

Wow, that is really flexible manufacturing. Does the line have to change over at all? Like Monday Mustangs, Tuesday Mazdas. Or can they be assembled one after the other?

No same line. You can also count that they used to build different makes of the Mazda as well as the Mazda 6 with the wagon and hatch.

We may go back to a 5 day week. If paint & body work 10.7 hrs and trim runs 10 hrs and still can't hit the production number, then may have to go back to 5 days. Medicals are on the rise and some units have every Mon & Thurs EA days full for months. It's hard to get a day off now. As far as the Mustang leaving AAI, we're still scheduled to produce the 2011 and 2012 models here, but anything is possible. There are always dozens of rumors flying around, with only about 10% coming true. Wayne could be the only option left for moving the Mustang to. They'd have to retool the plant and bring a second vehicle there. Mazda has talked about bringing a second Mazda vehicle to AAI, but no one knows how serious they are. I guess we'll have to wait and see!