NEW CONTRACT

mbabbitt

Under this new agreement skilled trades who have to return to production get to keep thier rate of pay. Just like Chrysler and GM!

Also for doing the mechanical teams there will be parody amoung all trades rates within the mechanical teams they will all be brought up to highest rate in that team plant wide..

They kept all thier classifications the same....No 2 trades!!!!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

You must be referring to the vapor contract of October 2009. The Modified Contract of March 2009 certainly does allow the company to place surplus skilled trades employees into production jobs or they can take the ILO and use up their SUB/TAP weeks.

I know tradesmen, who as of today, are on the line and had to sign a document acknowledging the production pay rate change or face ILO on the street.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone should voice their opinion about concessions. But I believe it should be done with a bit of class. When people curse and call names it really takes away from any valid point that they might share. If I attack someone it makes me look less then level headed and may even give that person positive attention. Most people attack others when they have no valid argument.

Ford is currently building a $3 billion plant in Mexico to build the Fiesta with 4500 new jobs. I would guess the Fusion plant employees 3000 workers and the new diesel engine adds a few hundred. I believe the US hourly workforce is around 32000. 80% of Mexican production comes to the US and Mexico buys less than 3% of Fords total N.American production. So if we look at the numbers between Ford of Mexico and the US, we could figure that of the roughly 8000 Mexican workers, 7500 are hourly which is just under 25% of the number of US hourly workers. If Ford were trying to do the right thing, they would bring the Fusion, 4cyl and new diesel to the US from Mexico. Which would put the Mexican workforce at less then 15% of the US workforce. After all the Mexicans are not buying the products they build because they cant afford them.

This being said Ford is not trying to be fair and Ford continues to lie to the US workers and UAW by promising work but moving it out of the country before its put in a plant. If we are going to approve more second tier workers why shouldnt we demand Ford bring the Fusion to the US and allow the whole plant to be second tier after all of the laid off workers are placed?

I cant agree with a no strike clause, at many plants managers treat employees like sh-t and are trying to fire them every chance they get. If we have no ability to strike over production standards how will we stop the company from loading jobs to the point they fire workers. After the workers are fired, they will be rewarded with the ability to hire 2nd tier workers to replace them. I understand the UAW is doing the best they can but frankly I dont see any $ gain to Ford through 2015 by giving them these conditions. I doubt Ford would even meet their 20% second tier quota by 2015 without bringing in work from Canada or Mexico, which they have no desire to do. So the only way to get over 20% would be to get rid of current employees. Ford does not have 20% of the workforce eligible to retire by 2015.

If Ford agreed to bring work to the US and keep Twin Cities open, I would agree to this contract in a heart beat. But if this site is accurate Ford only wants to add some work in a couple of Sterling Heights, MI plants. This work will create few if any new jobs.

Now if the UAW stands pat until contract 2011, will they be in better or worse bargaining shape? If Ford is making a profit, I say the UAW will be in worse shape. If Ford is still bleeding red ink, the UAW would have more power because the company would be to fragile to weather a US strike. As long as the UAW allows Ford to keep the plants in Mexico, us the UAW workers have less leverage when negotiating contracts.

Bring us work back from Mexico or forget me supporting any concession.

I think everyone should voice their opinion about concessions. But I believe it should be done with a bit of class. When people curse and call names it really takes away from any valid point that they might share. If I attack someone it makes me look less then level headed and may even give that person positive attention. Most people attack others when they have no valid argument.

Ford is currently building a $3 billion plant in Mexico to build the Fiesta with 4500 new jobs. I would guess the Fusion plant employees 3000 workers and the new diesel engine adds a few hundred. I believe the US hourly workforce is around 32000. 80% of Mexican production comes to the US and Mexico buys less than 3% of Fords total N.American production. So if we look at the numbers between Ford of Mexico and the US, we could figure that of the roughly 8000 Mexican workers, 7500 are hourly which is just under 25% of the number of US hourly workers. If Ford were trying to do the right thing, they would bring the Fusion, 4cyl and new diesel to the US from Mexico. Which would put the Mexican workforce at less then 15% of the US workforce. After all the Mexicans are not buying the products they build because they cant afford them.

This being said Ford is not trying to be fair and Ford continues to lie to the US workers and UAW by promising work but moving it out of the country before its put in a plant. If we are going to approve more second tier workers why shouldnt we demand Ford bring the Fusion to the US and allow the whole plant to be second tier after all of the laid off workers are placed?

I cant agree with a no strike clause, at many plants managers treat employees like sh-t and are trying to fire them every chance they get. If we have no ability to strike over production standards how will we stop the company from loading jobs to the point they fire workers. After the workers are fired, they will be rewarded with the ability to hire 2nd tier workers to replace them. I understand the UAW is doing the best they can but frankly I dont see any $ gain to Ford through 2015 by giving them these conditions. I doubt Ford would even meet their 20% second tier quota by 2015 without bringing in work from Canada or Mexico, which they have no desire to do. So the only way to get over 20% would be to get rid of current employees. Ford does not have 20% of the workforce eligible to retire by 2015.

If Ford agreed to bring work to the US and keep Twin Cities open, I would agree to this contract in a heart beat. But if this site is accurate Ford only wants to add some work in a couple of Sterling Heights, MI plants. This work will create few if any new jobs.

Now if the UAW stands pat until contract 2011, will they be in better or worse bargaining shape? If Ford is making a profit, I say the UAW will be in worse shape. If Ford is still bleeding red ink, the UAW would have more power because the company would be to fragile to weather a US strike. As long as the UAW allows Ford to keep the plants in Mexico, us the UAW workers have less leverage when negotiating contracts.

Bring us work back from Mexico or forget me supporting any concession.

I agree, this new mod better have some of that Mexico work coming home and Mulally's resignation/working for $1/ stock options returned! Otherwise it will be a tough sell!

How many times do the same work allocations need to be renegotiated.....

img007.jpg

From the unpublished letters in the 2007 contract,

and ....

img006.jpg

From the 2009 modifications agreement.

I mean come on Eagle the sterling work was already allocated they are simply repackaging it like its new.

Yes on that 2007 agreement except the 11x everything else we agree to in our coa's. The 11x turned into a veriation of a 10.5 axle. We recieved it. The RDU work is work we have not had before.

I am not a excited as I was yesterday. People on here destroyed my mood. I thought more plants were geting product also.

Did'nt realized we could'nt strike over jobs.

I mean if we can't strike over jobs how do we protect them how do we keep the company honest in putting the work where they said they would?? I know wages and benifits are not goin up so I don't really care about that as long as they don't go down!

I can't wait to hear from the leadership when they get back on Tuesday.

Eagle is right, we always have the right to strike over work. What he did'nt explain (maybe because he don't know) is that we only can strike if they did not live up to thier commitments. The opportunity does not come until contract experation 2011. From what he is saying we did not give up that right.

If you did not know that you are the idiot!

If you think i am an idiot you are entitled to your opinion. I do know that we can strike over anything if the contract expires and negotiations break down, but will we? What has been delivered on the past product promises? Do you think the people who brought you the last multiple concession agreements are going to suddenly wake up or take a hard line in 2011? I'm sure the economy will be better and the public and the government will love us by then(I remember this argument from the IUAW rep that was walked around our plant for the last concession). So, if a local takes a hard line after 2011 because they never received a new product that was promised could they? Ask an Atlanta transfers about that. I must admit that I was angry (I did say he made our union weak, and if he had the balls to answere my questions or not he could apologize, but by no measure did I give him the cussing he gave me) that he was so eager to endorse this deal on a product commitment(said to wait and see, but he sure tried to sell it), and the Nashville statement, the Chrysler retiree copay statement and the other things he stated. Since you think I am an idiot why debate the facts with you? So do not listen to me or the other members who see this for what it is. Throw those new hires under the bus so we can get over this hump, they will never be over 20% right. After all, they will never outvote us, or they will understand. Why worry about the trades if your production?(same argument - at least you still have a job, with the opportunity to grow into an oak tree some day, little acorn)Go ahead, put your fate in the hands of an arbitrator. Blah, blah, blah, right! Just the opinion of an idiot ass who kisses johnsons and has to blow union brothers in solidarity.

I HAVE BEEN A UAW PAYING MEMBER FOR 35YEARS THAY HAVE NOT DID NOTHING TO HELP THE THE SMALL JOB SHOPS. KNOW thay want to //// you''' wake up no strike clause what does that mean you can be ////////any day. cut your pay tell you when to shit sleep.......... kiss my 35 yrs UAW PAYIN ASS

I HAVE BEEN A UAW PAYING MEMBER FOR 35YEARS THAY HAVE NOT DID NOTHING TO HELP THE THE SMALL JOB SHOPS. KNOW thay want to //// you''' wake up no strike clause what does that mean you can be ////////any day. cut your pay tell you when to shit sleep.......... kiss my 35 yrs UAW PAYIN ASS

Look at what has happened to the wages, benefits, and working conditions of employees that work for other entities that have accepted a no-strike provision! There is a trend, and there is a reason that they would want you to give up the rite to strike on any issue.

I use to work at a shop that had this provision in their agreement. The first problem we had was that there was a managements rites provision that expanded their undefined authorities. While they where breaking it off in your, a-s they would chant "we can do that, read your contract, read the managements rites provision". The way it was written gave them authority to do what ever they liked without bargaining if there was no specific language in the contract restricting them.

It gets even worse, but I'm not going to divulge it here, and give the bosses any ideas.

Basically though if you have a No-Strike provision, if you do assemble to restrict/stop their production they will fire you. The I-UAW at this point cannot save you, and the company can then establish just cause for termination keeping you from receiving unemployment. I doubt an autoworker will ever see less then $10.00 an hour in this country, however There is room to take away allot till you all reach parity with assemblers building products in other industries.

Don't give away your rites.

I just have one question;

If Ford was able to operate, and negotiate in all of the previous negotiations for the last 100 years, why is it pertinent now for them to have you give up your rite to strike to proceed?

They have something planned for you, and all of our predictions for bad case scenarios have come to pass already. With the exception of the low tier out numbering the master waged employee, but that is coming mark my words. It just hasn't started yet because they have not hired full time employees since 04'!

Edited by Furious1Auto

They can't cut your pay in arbitration...we can't improve it either...unless the uaw and ford agree to...the way i understand arbitration.

I am not an expert..I just think we ought to listen first and judge after. Why is that so hard ?

Also I am very proud of our president for getting the eastside commitment to work..that is all he is there for in my opinion to get us all work..just like the rest of the negotiators.

So what wrong for giving credit where credit is due..he has been stuck negotiating for almost 2 years out of the 3 years term and assholes say he has'nt been doing anything. That is just a flat out disgrace and bold face lie.

While uniondick just loves him some Cal Clark, Neil Wallyn, Frank Saez and Tim Williams..you know the dream team...because they are all dreaming if they think they are getting re-elected.

IF IT'S BINDING ARBITRATION THEN WHAT EVER THE ARBITRATER RULES IS WHAT WE WILL HAVE TO LIVE WITH.THE ARBITRATER WILL LISTEN TO BOTH SIDES AND MAKE A DECISION.NO STRIKE CLAUSE I WILL VOTE NO.I'LL VOTE NO WHATEVER THEY BRING BACK ALREADY TOOK TO MANY CUTS,WHERE'S THE EQUITY OF SACRIFICE AND OUR PHYISCALS WE WERE SUPPOSE TO GET IN THE LAST MODIFICATION OF THE CONTRACT

Edited by done

No answer, he must be sleeping. He said they had to stay up like 2 or 3 days straight with only 6 hours of sleep in between. I will get an answer tomorrow but I believe we still have the right to strike over those things just not wages and benifits..

That is a big diffrence so let me be sure before I post an answer.

You guys must be Kidding!!!!!! Thats the dumbest shit i have ever heard. If we can't strike over wages and benefits, mark my words, we will have no wages and benefits. Its time you guys stop being soooo blind and wake up.

Most of us can see that. Even the UAW shills that have recently infiltrated the site know it, but want to scare people into voting yes.

The funny part is that Ford Fanatic is UAW Members only, however the air I get there is much different then this unsecured forum. Is these Yes men want to tell you what they think, then why don't they have the balls to prove they are UAW Members? I see allot of new members of BOF telling you to vote yes. All I have to say is read the contract for yourself and decide what it means. The white pages are short in length, and available to read!

Edited by Furious1Auto