Gettelfinger says "We got a good deal for workers"

http://www.freep.com/article/20091014/BUSI...got-a-good-deal

Be sure to read through the comments at the bottom.

Looks like they removed the comments already! Some unhappy people perhaps? Hey - limit the unions right to strike/reduced work ownership language/pay freeze for new hires? Seems like there are a lot of "divide and conquer" strategies being agreed to here by your leadership. I don't see the cost savings benefit... Send them back for a real agreement that protects your interests as well as the company's! I truly hope that the UAW membership doesn't let the $1000 sucker's bonus payment sway their judgement.

I'm still trying to see how this is good news for Ford workers.

Most of the "hard" product commitments are for ACH plants. Yes, they currently employ Ford full-time workers, but all this does is make these plants more attractive for sale. What happens to the Ford workers once the plants are sold? That's right, they have to be moved out.

I also see that Ford committed to building the current Ranger until 2011. What is not said is where the next generation Ranger will be built. It's only 2 years away. Ford knows, they are just not telling. The only reason I can see is that it is not scheduled for a U.S. plant and they don't want the workers to know this.

I don't see how this is a good deal, just on those two points alone.

Most of the "hard" product commitments are for ACH plants. Yes, they currently employ Ford full-time workers, but all this does is make these plants more attractive for sale. What happens to the Ford workers once the plants are sold? That's right, they have to be moved out.

It even says that in the modified contract that I read on freep. It said it will make those plants more attractive for sale. Something like that.

What happened to "Ghetto" finger saying a few weeks ago that there "will be no more talks" about concessions? He just laid over. He has no balls. UNBELIEVEABLE!!

“I fully support the UAW’s right to strike,” stated Sen. Biden. “American auto makers have made promises to their hard-working employees, and must do their best to uphold those commitments.”

“Both sides in these talks are stuck between a rock and a hard place,” Sen. Biden continued, “and I urge them to return to the table and find a resolution as quickly as possible.”

Senator Biden remarked, “Today’s events remind us that American auto makers need help with health care costs. To keep health care affordable I believe we have to help employers or union-run health plans with catastrophic costs to keep health care affordable for workers, retirees, and their families.”

Democratic Underground.24 Sept 07

I don't care what Ford wants--we get no recognition of past concessions. All they want is more, more, and more. All these repetitive promises of work?? Their promises are as unreliable as our Union contracts! Why are they so bent on getting this "No strike" clause passed? Afraid we might want to strike in the near future?

http://www.freep.com/article/20091014/BUSI...got-a-good-deal

Be sure to read through the comments at the bottom.

Don't be fooled by the comments section. The company is waging a propaganda war to destroy our moral and get the concessions they want. They hire marketing companies to post up anti-union statements on these message boards. Yes there are people out there who hate unions but it is no coincidence that every single article about the auto industry and the UAW is flooded with these comments. They know we are reading these things and they want you to feel unworthy and guilty about what has been fought for and gained. Don't be fooled by this crap. There are thousands of working people out there who are pulling for us. They know that their standard of living is directly effected by what we have and will be effected by what we lose.

Think about it.. What is to be gained by losing middle class wage earners? The more we make, the more we give back to society in the form of taxes, purchases and charity. Take a look at what has happened to Michigan since the drain of high paying Union jobs that have been replaced with poverty wage jobs. No one but a Union busting company paid stooge would think that is a good thing.

I work in an assembly plant and I know first hand that I deserve my wages and then some. We need to hold our heads high and ignore this BS the company is putting out. In fact we need to be just as aggressive in the war to win hearts and minds. Register on these comment pages and post your own counter-propaganda. Let people know that we are still alive and fighting to keep the American dream alive.

why are we being asked to freeze the entry level wages? is that so we are totally screwed when the want us all to go to the entry level wages?

The entry level cap will be lifted and Twin Cities will hire Entry Level employees while current FORD workers are on layoff.........

Watch Twin Cities get a new product and it will be built with 2nd tier wage employees!

THANKS UAW!!!!!

Don't be fooled by the comments section. The company is waging a propaganda war to destroy our moral and get the concessions they want. They hire marketing companies to post up anti-union statements on these message boards. Yes there are people out there who hate unions but it is no coincidence that every single article about the auto industry and the UAW is flooded with these comments. They know we are reading these things and they want you to feel unworthy and guilty about what has been fought for and gained. Don't be fooled by this crap. There are thousands of working people out there who are pulling for us. They know that their standard of living is directly effected by what we have and will be effected by what we lose.

Think about it.. What is to be gained by losing middle class wage earners? The more we make, the more we give back to society in the form of taxes, purchases and charity. Take a look at what has happened to Michigan since the drain of high paying Union jobs that have been replaced with poverty wage jobs. No one but a Union busting company paid stooge would think that is a good thing.

I work in an assembly plant and I know first hand that I deserve my wages and then some. We need to hold our heads high and ignore this BS the company is putting out. In fact we need to be just as aggressive in the war to win hearts and minds. Register on these comment pages and post your own counter-propaganda. Let people know that we are still alive and fighting to keep the American dream alive.

I have some unfortunate news for you - there are a lot, a hell of a lot, of very anti-union people out there, with every fucking one of them more than willing to post this shit on line, for free. That even includes a good deal of people here in Southeast Michigan. They're very vocal, some are very well educated, almost all are white collar, and you're fucking dreaming if you think they don't strongly outnumber the amount of pro-union people. I live in a western Detroit suburb (Westland, no pun intended) and I see that in my own sub. There are eight, out of 125, homes with a UAW member, and over the last two years, they've learned to keep their heads down and their mouths shut around the majority of the rest of the sub, because of the vehement hatred of the UAW. And Westland ain't no high end community. This is as working class as it gets.

Well I live way way out in the middle of nowhere.

Surrounded by corn fields and farms.

And I have never witnessed any one of my hard working neighbors have anything other than a Ford, Chevy or Chrysler product.

Hard working blue collar people still support us.

And remember the wealthy white collar is a minority. The majority of us are middle class blue collar.

The entry level cap will be lifted and Twin Cities will hire Entry Level employees while current FORD workers are on layoff.........

Watch Twin Cities get a new product and it will be built with 2nd tier wage employees!

THANKS UAW!!!!!

BINGO !!! Thats why they only have 5 days from date of passing to decide if they want to become entry level Ford. Nice eye there CC.........

Well I live way way out in the middle of nowhere.

Surrounded by corn fields and farms.

And I have never witnessed any one of my hard working neighbors have anything other than a Ford, Chevy or Chrysler product.

Hard working blue collar people still support us.

And remember the wealthy white collar is a minority. The majority of us are middle class blue collar.

Wrong. The majority of the middle class is under paid white collar flunkies, a lot of them with meaningless "manager" job titles. It's a myth that the majority of the middle class is blue collar. What more, what blue collar there is in the middle class, and it's still a big group, the majority has been nonunion for quite some time now.

Don't I wish...

One day we all hope to retire from Ford with full benefits. What has Gettlefinger and Ford done for retirees? Didn't they lose their fall cost of living? Did they lose vision and dental like GM? I want to be comfortable when I retire and am sure all of you do too. What are the chances? Does anyone know what they lost, because everything they lose now, we lose later--never forget that!

I have some unfortunate news for you - there are a lot, a hell of a lot, of very anti-union people out there, with every fucking one of them more than willing to post this shit on line, for free. That even includes a good deal of people here in Southeast Michigan. They're very vocal, some are very well educated, almost all are white collar, and you're fucking dreaming if you think they don't strongly outnumber the amount of pro-union people. I live in a western Detroit suburb (Westland, no pun intended) and I see that in my own sub. There are eight, out of 125, homes with a UAW member, and over the last two years, they've learned to keep their heads down and their mouths shut around the majority of the rest of the sub, because of the vehement hatred of the UAW. And Westland ain't no high end community. This is as working class as it gets.

Funny, when something like this starts up again, you show up again Len and start posting. I know, you have a brother, blah, blah, who worked at the Rouge, blah, blah.... your not an employee Len. Stop posting.