TWIN CITIES Entry Level

CandyCane

There are current FORD employees on layoff but I see the UAW took time to work up a deal for the Entry Level employees at Twin Cities to transfer to another FORD plant once Twin Cities closes....

This is bullshit,why couldn't they get a deal to get all current FORD employees back to work now...

There are current FORD employees on layoff but I see the UAW took time to work up a deal for the Entry Level employees at Twin Cities to transfer to another FORD plant once Twin Cities closes....

This is bullshit,why couldn't they get a deal to get all current FORD employees back to work now...

thank you for the honest posting i agree with you, seems to me alot of people have just stopped fighting for there union brothers and sisters that are on ilo right now, to bad we dont have more people like you that are aware what the real issues are. thank you

Most production members on ILO status have had opportunities to transfer and have chosen to elect certain plants knowing or having a good idea they would not get to their choice. So they did have an opportunity. With that being said the UAW is looking at other ways to get these people back to work also. This new agreement will allow Skilled Trades on ILO to work production and keep their same rate of pay, which is huge for those low seniority trades on the street. There will be a few that just have not had opportunities and they will keep working to get them placed, but Twin Cities plan is to only be on line temporarily. I personally think that the UAW and the Company are nuts if they get rid of an all entry level assembly plant. I also have a good feeling that this plant is not going anywhere anytime soon. So other than finding work for the couple hundred out there, this is a good move by the UAW to keep members and product in the USA. An Entry Level plant will help the overall cost structure of Ford so that they will continue to invest in the USA.

But they have to get off the street first dont they ?? How many are out there now ??

Changing daily, but right now there are none in zone 1 and very few production in zone 2 and they are working at placing them in Ohio! 1/2 dozen in Tulsa/Nashville. Some of which were waiting on bigger buy out or better job offer. A little over 600 total. Anyone want to go to twin city on a temp assignment? I don't know too many that would go without transfer allowance, but they are working on getting people placed. Hell they convinced Ford to allow Ford employees to transfer into ACH. I hope you don't think Ford did this out of the kindness of their hearts!

Anyway, whats been going on waldfk?

Sorry, re-read.....that is 600 total, not sure of break down, but all were offered the opportunity to return to production.

I am on ILO and I was NOT offered a opportunity to work yet. Some people from SHV were offered a chance to go to Sandusky, However only 17 people were accepted to go. Still 50 people on ILO from SHV.

Most production members on ILO status have had opportunities to transfer and have chosen to elect certain plants knowing or having a good idea they would not get to their choice. So they did have an opportunity. With that being said the UAW is looking at other ways to get these people back to work also. This new agreement will allow Skilled Trades on ILO to work production and keep their same rate of pay, which is huge for those low seniority trades on the street. There will be a few that just have not had opportunities and they will keep working to get them placed, but Twin Cities plan is to only be on line temporarily. I personally think that the UAW and the Company are nuts if they get rid of an all entry level assembly plant. I also have a good feeling that this plant is not going anywhere anytime soon. So other than finding work for the couple hundred out there, this is a good move by the UAW to keep members and product in the USA. An Entry Level plant will help the overall cost structure of Ford so that they will continue to invest in the USA.

Oh that's nice. Skilled trades now keeping there pay and bumping off more production workers because it goes by seniority and hence more workers in the street. What a mess. And how unfair to the trade person and production. Just think about that, if certain plants still close or at the least cut back shifts, all those trades will be able to bump onto the production line based on seniority. I don't know if you checked but I am guessing that most skill trades people avg 15 plus years or more Ford time. A lot of entry level workers will then be eliminated. So for all of you entry level workers reading this. Think very careful on how you vote. I assure you every skilled trade person has more time than you.

Oh that's nice. Skilled trades now keeping there pay and bumping off more production workers because it goes by seniority and hence more workers in the street. What a mess. And how unfair to the trade person and production. Just think about that, if certain plants still close or at the least cut back shifts, all those trades will be able to bump onto the production line based on seniority. I don't know if you checked but I am guessing that most skill trades people avg 15 plus years or more Ford time. A lot of entry level workers will then be eliminated. So for all of you entry level workers reading this. Think very careful on how you vote. I assure you every skilled trade person has more time than you.

lol....pretty sure we do not have 1 entry level person at Ford today!

Very true. But any temps(Ranger plant) will by and large still opt to become Ford entry levels. Its still better than a temp.

Changing daily, but right now there are none in zone 1 and very few production in zone 2 and they are working at placing them in Ohio! 1/2 dozen in Tulsa/Nashville. Some of which were waiting on bigger buy out or better job offer. A little over 600 total. Anyone want to go to twin city on a temp assignment? I don't know too many that would go without transfer allowance, but they are working on getting people placed. Hell they convinced Ford to allow Ford employees to transfer into ACH. I hope you don't think Ford did this out of the kindness of their hearts!

Anyway, whats been going on waldfk?

No trades laid off in SE Mich ?? Now that I will double check on..........

No trades laid off in SE Mich ?? Now that I will double check on..........

Ok first off we have some people that dont have all the facts so they make them up imagine that.....capt there are trades on ILO status in zone one not sure of the numbers so i wont spread any misinfo i know this because i am one on that list im also currently in production at DTP and im not alone in that either i was offered to go back to prod when Saline was being sold so i jumped ship for my security for my future recently trades were offered temp status to come to DTP in production and i believe 42 or so said yes and are now back on the line as well so get your facts straight and as for u stang no I repeat no!!! production worker has been displaced by a tradesman coming back to prod and dont see that happening either they most likely will fill the gaps before entry level employees get hired so dont be so paranoid your job is safe hell alot of tradesmen were hired off the street so they dont have any ford time anyway myself came here with 15yrs ford time so lesson people get your facts straight before ya start bashing!!!!!

Ok first off we have some people that dont have all the facts so they make them up imagine that.....capt there are trades on ILO status in zone one not sure of the numbers so i wont spread any misinfo i know this because i am one on that list im also currently in production at DTP and im not alone in that either i was offered to go back to prod when Saline was being sold so i jumped ship for my security for my future recently trades were offered temp status to come to DTP in production and i believe 42 or so said yes and are now back on the line as well so get your facts straight and as for u stang no I repeat no!!! production worker has been displaced by a tradesman coming back to prod and dont see that happening either they most likely will fill the gaps before entry level employees get hired so dont be so paranoid your job is safe hell alot of tradesmen were hired off the street so they dont have any ford time anyway myself came here with 15yrs ford time so lesson people get your facts straight before ya start bashing!!!!!

But Crap723 will argue that if you are working on the line you are not laid off. You have a job. And go read the '07 contract. I do believe that is when they changed it so a laid off trades with no prod.time could go to

prod and use his company hire in date. I dont have the contract with me but I will check tomorrow. Also just in case any trades thinks they will still be on their tools with these team work groups cuz its says it wont result in lay offs.....who says they cant have a RIF and send you to the line. You may be off the tools but you still have a job, therefore technically not laid off.

I am on ILO and I was NOT offered a opportunity to work yet. Some people from SHV were offered a chance to go to Sandusky, However only 17 people were accepted to go. Still 50 people on ILO from SHV.

Where were you ILOed? Must have been recently!! Don't worry though there should be enough jobs in Dtown pretty soon!

But Crap723 will argue that if you are working on the line you are not laid off. You have a job. And go read the '07 contract. I do believe that is when they changed it so a laid off trades with no prod.time could go to

prod and use his company hire in date. I dont have the contract with me but I will check tomorrow. Also just in case any trades thinks they will still be on their tools with these team work groups cuz its says it wont result in lay offs.....who says they cant have a RIF and send you to the line. You may be off the tools but you still have a job, therefore technically not laid off.

Thanks waldfk for making my argument, and under this modification they are not only going to get their rate back, when they do come back under teams they will be brought up to mchn repair rate.

Thanks waldfk for making my argument, and under this modification they are not only going to get their rate back, when they do come back under teams they will be brought up to mchn repair rate.

It will be Years if at all that some of these trades get called back. And MR rate....whippity do......

It will be Years if at all that some of these trades get called back. And MR rate....whippity do......

I here you waldo. If this passes it will take forever to get back to the tools. If you think this new contract is going to create more skilled trades jobs. Than I have a bridge to sell you.

I ran the floor of a small fab shop. I know from experience that this will cut the number of trades needed.

Were is the cost savings to ford by paying skilled trade wages to work production? Just let us do our skilled trades job! So you give us our skilled trade wages to work production. Then in 2011 an Arbitrator nocks your pay down to the transplants wages levels. Skilled $34 to Production $26 to $19. After all none of thoes tranplants are paying there skilled trade wages to work production. That would put ford at a cost disadvantage.

Edited by whiteford

I here you waldo. If this passes it will take forever to get back to the tools. If you think this new contract is going to create more skilled trades jobs. Than I have a bridge to sell you.

I ran the floor of a small fab shop. I know from experience that this will cut the number of trades needed.

Were is the cost savings to ford by paying skilled trade wages to work production? Just let us do our skilled trades job! So you give us our skilled trade wages to work production. Then in 2011 an Arbitrator nocks your pay down to the transplants wages levels. Skilled $34 to Production $26 to $19. After all none of thoes tranplants are paying there skilled trade wages to work production. That would put ford at a cost disadvantage.

I think differently, you now can go to production and keep your rate of pay. What benefit would the company gain by paying you skilled wages to do production? They will not be able to utilize you on a skilled position while you are working production. Also in the agreement we have all project work and the mind set is the company would put these guys/gals back to their tools and give them an incentive to bring production off the street.

The arbitration thing I will not discuss in this thread because an arbitrator is only going rule on increases in our wages and benefits. PERIOD! Bump to other thread!

Edited by Captain723

Then in 2011 an Arbitrator nocks your pay down to the transplants wages levels. Skilled $34 to Production $26 to $19.

Again we would not strike them over IMPROVEMENTS TO EXISTING WAGES. Why is everyone trying to turn that into lowering wages....doesn't say that and it specifically says "arbitration with wage and benefit improvements

So Cap, an arbitrator cannot be used to lower wages. Then why does Whiteford and others think a arbitrator will 'nock' pay down?

Where were you ILOed? Must have been recently!! Don't worry though there should be enough jobs in Dtown pretty soon!

Captain, our local has had folks on ILO since August 2008. Most are from the Batavia Plant that closed last year.

An offer was made to anyone in Ohio, working or ILO'd to go to Sandusky. They had 154 job openings. Of course, most were taken from people that were working, mostly OHAP, to get them off the line. Some from OHAP had RTBU right to go back to Sandusky. So, those with low to no senoirity in Ohio, they are still on ILO with the TAP & benefits clock ticking! Some will loose benfits Nov 31, 2009!

Btv to Shv

I think differently, you now can go to production and keep your rate of pay. What benefit would the company gain by paying you skilled wages to do production? They will not be able to utilize you on a skilled position while you are working production. Also in the agreement we have all project work and the mind set is the company would put these guys/gals back to their tools and give them an incentive to bring production off the street.

The arbitration thing I will not discuss in this thread because an arbitrator is only going rule on increases in our wages and benefits. PERIOD! Bump to other thread!

And this is fair? BS.

I was laid off in July of 08 when batavia closed. I cant understand how they can expect to hire tier 2 employees with people still on ILO. Can this happen?

I was laid off in July of 08 when batavia closed. I cant understand how they can expect to hire tier 2 employees with people still on ILO. Can this happen?

If you are currently laid off or know someone who is laid off, bring up this Twin City new hire issue during the informational meeting. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that any seniority holding employee on ILO would get the chance to work before Ford could hire new people.

To hear Gettlefinger say that these modifications protect jobs and create work for us, This makes me wanna cry. It most certainly does nothing for those of us on ILO.

And this is fair? BS.

I didn't say any of this is fair, but today they can lay you off and force to a production job with production pay and no real incentive to bring you back or leave you on ILO and eat up your sub and tap. I was just saying it is a better offer than we currently have with a incentive for the company to bring you back to your trade to do project work or something. This will then allow another production brother/sister from ILO to be returned to production.