Bob King @ Dearborn

Stugots

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened Let me guess BOOOOOO

forwarded message:

At the Dearborn Truck Plant today, Wednesday, the Unit's elected leadership passed out a letter calling for a NO vote.

The letter was signed by the plant chairman, the vice-president, and about half of the elected district and bargaining committee reps.

In response, Bob King came in to the plant on the afternoon shift. The company shut down production to have him speak. The workers booed Bob King off the platform and would not let him speak.

Gary Walkowicz

"A" Crew Bargaining Committeeman

forwarded message:

At the Dearborn Truck Plant today, Wednesday, the Unit's elected leadership passed out a letter calling for a NO vote.

The letter was signed by the plant chairman, the vice-president, and about half of the elected district and bargaining committee reps.

In response, Bob King came in to the plant on the afternoon shift. The company shut down production to have him speak. The workers booed Bob King off the platform and would not let him speak.

Gary Walkowicz

Nice :redcard:

forwarded message:

Gary Walkowicz

WOW! I only wish I could have been there to see that! VOTE NO!!!!

Think about it. To the company, production is the #1 priority and that line stops for nothing. But they roll out the red carpet and shut the place down for King to speak, so he can sell his propaganda. This should tell you what the company and union is up to.

VOTE NO

Bob was there :boring:

To tell you how great this is and how he saved his home plant like Ron saved Louisville

DTP workers is the classic Union known as Solidarty

Thank You DTP

Bob was there :boring:

To tell you how great this is and how he saved his home plant like Ron saved Louisville

DTP workers is the classic Union known as Solidarty

Thank You DTP

Solidarity all the way, you go DTP!! You work your asses off and you deserve the best. Do not settle!! The company allowed you to shut down the line only because they know that these concessions will favor them (management) in the long run. You DTP and old DAP members know the history of the fight for workers rights and equality outside on that bridge. Don't give in, they fought for your future. You need to fight to keep it and what you have left. F -150 will continue to be built by the hard working members at Local 600. Your fight will then be your reward for the future generations that follow in your footsteps. Maybe its time for you to clean house at the IUAW and elect your local union leaders who have not forgotten their membership comes first. A quick note: President Obama has capped the executive pay of those who asked for help by the government. I'm thinking that Ford will not want to be in that same position because Allen Mullaly likes where he's at.

Solidarity all the way, you go DTP!! You work your asses off and you deserve the best. Do not settle!! The company allowed you to shut down the line only because they know that these concessions will favor them (management) in the long run. You DTP and old DAP members know the history of the fight for workers rights and equality outside on that bridge. Don't give in, they fought for your future. You need to fight to keep it and what you have left. F -150 will continue to be built by the hard working members at Local 600. Your fight will then be your reward for the future generations that follow in your footsteps. Maybe its time for you to clean house at the IUAW and elect your local union leaders who have not forgotten their membership comes first. A quick note: President Obama has capped the executive pay of those who asked for help by the government. I'm thinking that Ford will not want to be in that same position because Allen Mullaly likes where he's at.

Well put Stang

:happy feet:

Now we need Kentucky and KC to get on board....ENOUGH is ENOUGH

forwarded message:

Gary Walkowicz

Congrats to the Leadership at DTP....Its time for the rest of the Leadership to Man Up and tell Bob King where to stick this contract.....

Now we need Kentucky and KC to get on board....ENOUGH is ENOUGH

Just remember this is what they are saying in the contract modification when they promise you new product. It is clearly in their language. Product is only a promise based on market conditions. In other words if market conditions fail no new product. So they are promising you absolutely nothing. Market conditions go up, they will put in new product because that is how they will make money. So why on earth would you need to vote yes on an empty half-filled promise based on market conditions that might be good or bad.

Spring, I hope everyone at your plant is passing out flyers pointing out what you all have already lost. It is clear how the management duped a lot of people when accepting buyout offers. Things were said like, we need less people to build cars, the company might not be around, low seniority would lose their jobs, plants will be closing sooner than later. This was to get the full paid U.A.W. members off the rolls, eliminate full retirement benefits, eliminate health care costs, and more importantly hire new entry level employees for half the pay. They succeeded. Now every time a concession needs to be passed by the IUAW all they have to do is go to low seniority new workers and tell them they are getting a raise.

They really did not Boo King off the platform, they NO'd him off.

Several times the chants came out NO ..NO...NO

I had a chance to talk to Bob about 15 minutes before the meeting as well as about 10 or 15 minutes after the meeting. He truly does believe this is in the best interest of the membership, we ended our discussion with me politely saying we will agree to disagree.

I will give Bob this much credit he got hammered some was bullshit yelling with people hiding behind others there, and some people had legit concerns with the facts and at times Bob agreed nothing is certain or simply did not have a concrete answer.

The biggest issue in changing the story on how long arbitration can last. I questioned him about paragraph 2 on the strike language and how we can not strike on any issue if we are in arbitration on wages and benefits, I believe the company will drag there feet on arbitration preventing us to strike on other issues we would be allowed to strike on. He told me 30 days tops before the meeting and when the same question was brought up during this meeting he claimed no more than 60 days.

So there is a little concern as to how truthful and actually how much of this agreement even elected reps have not seen.

KCAP is next on his tour, come correct with your questions down there :shades:

They really did not Boo King off the platform, they NO'd him off.

Several times the chants came out NO ..NO...NO

I had a chance to talk to Bob about 15 minutes before the meeting as well as about 10 or 15 minutes after the meeting. He truly does believe this is in the best interest of the membership, we ended our discussion with me politely saying we will agree to disagree.

I will give Bob this much credit he got hammered some was bullshit yelling with people hiding behind others there, and some people had legit concerns with the facts and at times Bob agreed nothing is certain or simply did not have a concrete answer.

The biggest issue in changing the story on how long arbitration can last. I questioned him about paragraph 2 on the strike language and how we can not strike on any issue if we are in arbitration on wages and benefits, I believe the company will drag there feet on arbitration preventing us to strike on other issues we would be allowed to strike on. He told me 30 days tops before the meeting and when the same question was brought up during this meeting he claimed no more than 60 days.

So there is a little concern as to how truthful and actually how much of this agreement even elected reps have not seen.

KCAP is next on his tour, come correct with your questions down there :shades:

Just come correct with your NO votes.

BOO!! King is a non starter as Gutourfuture will go out in the same vein as Bush 2.

The rank and file is "good where we be."

Bob King did not even have a microphone to talk with...How did he think he was going to talk to 800 plus people..Unless you were standing at the platform he was on you could not even hear him...Line went down at 7:10pm we all walked to motor bay and by 7:16pm everyone was walking away,that goes to show you how quick and useless it was..It was all a joke..

:banghead: If Ford wants parity with GM and Chrysler then Ford should take the same steps as if they too had taken bailout money. . . With the pay for those corp. execs that took federal money being reduced from 50 to 90%, let Mallaly and the others, including the UAW hierachy take pay cuts also, with stock options that can't be touched for 6 years. . . That way King, Gettlefinger, Mallaly and the others won't bail before we return to profitability.

This tier pay for new hires is way wrong. . . If we would just keep everything the same, the company would have leverage to pick top designers, with such an incentive that they would beg to come to Ford. . . With Tier Pay, Henry Fords dream would die. He provided wages so we could buy the vehicles we build. None of us will be able to buy the vehicles we build if we reduce our wages. Keep our wages stable. There will be long lines at the employement office like it was 30 years ago.

Attrition will take care of us old timers. . . I didn't live on $100 a week strike pay trying to feed my young family to give all this back now. Someone who is smarter than I, please put this together that all UAW members and the Ford Motor Co will see the folly of all this. PLEASE! We could be the best capitalistic ( not owned by the Federal Government) automotive company in the world if this could be put together correctly. . . The negotiators have been to close to this situation for too long to think out of the box.

forwarded message:

Gary Walkowicz

Great for you!!! At least your committe has the guts to stand up for the membership...

Edited by biggtone

I am a no vote. I am also embarassed the way we treated our President Bob King. He took the time to walk the entire trim and chassis area last night. He was respectful to me and gave me the facts as they were negoitated. I told him I was uncomfortable with the changes. He spent at least 5 minutes talking to me personally not trying to twist my arm but giving me facts according to him. I did apoligize for the shouting and told him my area coworkers still hold respect for his leadership but the entry level is questionable to me.

Louie