Chairman goes door to door (job to job) at AAI

hi-lo feva2

Utterly rediculous. He goes job to job while two of his "boy's" follow close by preaching why a yes vote helps AAI. The last time I saw the Chairman go job to job was during the last concessions. They didn't even give adequate answers as to why to vote yes. Apparently, a yes vote keeps the Stang at AAI until 2014, otherwise 2011. They played the fear card in their first hand. Unbelievable. If the Stang leaves, it was going to leave anyway. It's called business not a simple retaliation move based on a concession vote. While we're at it let's give those guys a big no vote when the time comes.

Utterly rediculous. He goes job to job while two of his "boy's" follow close by preaching why a yes vote helps AAI. The last time I saw the Chairman go job to job was during the last concessions. They didn't even give adequate answers as to why to vote yes. Apparently, a yes vote keeps the Stang at AAI until 2014, otherwise 2011. They played the fear card in their first hand. Unbelievable. If the Stang leaves, it was going to leave anyway. It's called business not a simple retaliation move based on a concession vote. While we're at it let's give those guys a big no vote when the time comes.

Thats odd I specifically asked Bob King about AAI and the mustang when i spoke with him today, I had my copies of the 2007 contract and we discussed the product commitments. I pointed out the fact that the 2007 agreement allocated the mustang to AAI for the product life cycle (not contract cycle) and he told me these new mods would extend the life cycle to 2013.

Seems odd that Gary Sommerville (that is still your chairman right?) being a national negotiator would know the correct date, or maybe Bob King had the dates wrong when we talked at DTP last night.

Thats odd I specifically asked Bob King about AAI and the mustang when i spoke with him today, I had my copies of the 2007 contract and we discussed the product commitments. I pointed out the fact that the 2007 agreement allocated the mustang to AAI for the product life cycle (not contract cycle) and he told me these new mods would extend the life cycle to 2013.

Seems odd that Gary Sommerville (that is still your chairman right?) being a national negotiator would know the correct date, or maybe Bob King had the dates wrong when we talked at DTP last night.

More than likely you were/are dazzled by the bullshit that any politician can sling.

VOTE NO!!

More than likely you were/are dazzled by the bullshit that any politician can sling.

VOTE NO!!

You obviously have me mixed up with someone else, I am certain I have made my stance clear and stick with it.

That does not mean however that I can not have a civil conversation with the leader of our UAW department, and hear it from the man himself and still not disagree. Just as I can have a disagreement with a co-worker on the line and still be civil.

Liquidspine- If I remember correctly the 2010 Mustang was considered a model change, so the life cycle of this particular model would be til 2013/2014. So, AAI really doesn't gain anything with the proposed contract changes. They just changed the wording a bit to make it seem like they are getting something that was already promised.

Liquidspine- If I remember correctly the 2010 Mustang was considered a model change, so the life cycle of this particular model would be til 2013/2014. So, AAI really doesn't gain anything with the proposed contract changes. They just changed the wording a bit to make it seem like they are getting something that was already promised.

Yes I know that Fem, I was simply reported what was said to me. I am fairly certain besides the unit reps that where trying to suck him off while walking with him, that I took up the most of his time one on one.

Gary, Chuck and cronies came by my area too saying we have to vote yes and talked about how great this agreement is. I think Gary just wants to look good for the guys downtown so he can get his appointment. I think Mary Olsen had more balls than this sellout. It's going to be funny as hell when we get a 70-90% NO vote. Get ready Gary, your bullshit is not going to fly at your plant you piece of shit!!!!!!

AAI has used scare tactics for 20+ years now, you would think people would realize it's bullshit sooner or later. I am at the point where I don't give a shit if they don't bring anything here, it's time to make a stand. Gary has done nothing but run this plant into the ground alongside Jon Savona. I'm sure the sellouts at international will bring this fellow sellout in with them sooner or later. Deboot really screwed us by not running, if he was still here, we would not be in this mess.

The international came in because Sommerville can't get the agreement sold on his own. They know that so they sent in the big shooters to try to intimidate the membership. FactoryRat, don't fool yourself. This shit would have happened if Deboodt was here. The international controls everything. The only thing that can change what the international does is a loud aggressive membership. You have to tell them what you want instead of letting them tell you what's good for you.

• 4 weeks later...

AH! Stupidville wouldn't know any dam thing! The man is terrible!

AAI has used scare tactics for 20+ years now, you would think people would realize it's bullshit sooner or later. I am at the point where I don't give a shit if they don't bring anything here, it's time to make a stand. Gary has done nothing but run this plant into the ground alongside Jon Savona. I'm sure the sellouts at international will bring this fellow sellout in with them sooner or later. Deboot really screwed us by not running, if he was still here, we would not be in this mess.

I have to agree with you on that. Garry works for John, not the membership. Dave would have won re-election easily if he would have ran. He felt that HIS BC's stabbed him in the back. Which they did.

It is time to take a stand at AAI!!!

Remember to vote for someone else in 2011!! These guys SUCK!

Gary S. has done a bad job, and lying to us doesn't help. The Mustang is scheduled to be produced at AAI until the 2012 model year, not 2013 or 2014. (It could be built past that if the plant is still open) A yes vote would not have changed anything. Mazda wants out, and we may go down to 1 shift in the near future. AAI is only scheduling 100,000 total cars produced in 2010, (Body shop plan) this is BAD news! We usually build 100-150 thousand Mustangs alone, per year. If we go down to 1 shift, the Mustang would probably be moved in a few years. I'm not sure where it would go, but if Mazda wants out, and Ford is willing to move the Mustang, AAI's future is in serious doubt. We need leadership that will protect our workers, products and plant....not cushy union jobs! I don't want to have to leave the plant for the SECOND time in 10 years...but maybe the union at the next plant will be stronger.

In the past few years mazda and ford both bought up the whole place"lock stock and barrel". this is the state of the art plant and in my opinon way better than DTP i know cause i work in that prison. They will always use scare tactics on the assembly ppl there and almost every other place. dont fall for it, stand up for your selfs. KCAP stould up for them selfs ,win or lose, i have a great respect for them. So dont be fooled, AAI isnt going anywhere.

Highest quality for mustang and mazda ever. keep up the outstanding work!!!

P.S. KCAP you rock!!! "BALLS TO THE WALL"

Gary S. has done a bad job, and lying to us doesn't help. The Mustang is scheduled to be produced at AAI until the 2012 model year, not 2013 or 2014. (It could be built past that if the plant is still open) A yes vote would not have changed anything. Mazda wants out, and we may go down to 1 shift in the near future. AAI is only scheduling 100,000 total cars produced in 2010, (Body shop plan) this is BAD news! We usually build 100-150 thousand Mustangs alone, per year. If we go down to 1 shift, the Mustang would probably be moved in a few years. I'm not sure where it would go, but if Mazda wants out, and Ford is willing to move the Mustang, AAI's future is in serious doubt. We need leadership that will protect our workers, products and plant....not cushy union jobs! I don't want to have to leave the plant for the SECOND time in 10 years...but maybe the union at the next plant will be stronger.

Not only has Stupidville lied to us over and over, he also brought AAI the ``SHARED WORK`` concept! Nobody has any respect for the man. He needs to go! :banghead:

it's just my opion ,BUT i work at st thomas asembly plant IN ONTARIO CANADA were the current crown vic is biult , and this all sounds alot like the way we started closing us BACK IN 2007 WHEN WE WENT TO ONE SHIFT . we are to close in 2011. i for one vote no to the canadian conssesions but it got passed by our union CAW . what a joke believe in your union , they well sell u out to save themselves , u know the dues you pay to them ha ha ha bottom line . i wished our union members had the balls to vote no agaainst more than just consessions , i"d rather go out fighting , them closing us anyway, then sucking the company off and get fucked it"S worker against worker plant against plant in a union . they are no longer working for the little guy , there in to deep with the company and in a sense they are the company . the real union is the shop floor thats were the power is ,fight take back your union ,take back your country , free trade works only for the upper 10 % or less rich !! bring back the middleclasss !!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by spazzy

What's the "SHARED WORK" concept? :shrug:

It is happening in a few areas of the plant. For example, in Body Shop, they just came move work from 1 person to the next like they can in Final because you can't just move the stations around. So, what they did is this; We have say.... 3 stations next to each other using a person at each station. They took the operator in the middle station away, and making the two operators on the ends not only working their station, but also now REQUIRED to take turns in working the station in the middle where they took the person out of. This is very new at AAI. I have never seen anything like this before. Management still wants the same amount of cars with 2 people as they did with 3.

Stupidville and Company has allowed this to happen.

As for him going person to person trying to sell the concessions, B-shift has reported that NOBODY came out to them to explain anything about the concessions. Yet, our so called Chairman has gone to other plants trying to sell it.

It is happening in a few areas of the plant. For example, in Body Shop, they just came move work from 1 person to the next like they can in Final because you can't just move the stations around. So, what they did is this; We have say.... 3 stations next to each other using a person at each station. They took the operator in the middle station away, and making the two operators on the ends not only working their station, but also now REQUIRED to take turns in working the station in the middle where they took the person out of. This is very new at AAI. I have never seen anything like this before. Management still wants the same amount of cars with 2 people as they did with 3.

Hard to believe this is all new to any plant, re-balancing of jobs has been around long before any of us came in.

Just curious as to what your work standards rep has to say about this ?

I would ask for the MODAPTS study results from the union , if MODAPTS proves it cant be done that should be the end of that since that is Ford's recognized time study measurement tool.

I hate to say this but in all honesty we the workers usually do a good enough job proving when jobs are underloaded, most cuts are only manageable simply because they watch us and take note. I will not even cry innocent we all have done it (read the paper, build up to leave early, cover each other doing yes 2 jobs at the same time to give ourselves a break), they may not catch these things right away but you better believe over time they will and make cuts where we show it is possible.

Edited by lquidspine

Hard to believe this is all new to any plant, re-balancing of jobs has been around long before any of us came in.

I would ask for the MODAPTS study results from the union , if MODAPTS proves it cant be done that should be the end of that since that is Ford's recognized time study measurement tool.

I hate to say this but in all honesty we the workers usually do a good enough job proving when jobs are underloaded, most cuts are only manageable simply because they watch us and take note. I will not even cry innocent we all have done it (read the paper, build up to leave early, cover each other doing yes 2 jobs at the same time to give ourselves a break), they may not catch these things right away but you better believe over time they will and make cuts where we show it is possible.

Our Work Standards Rep hardy ever comes out to the floor. He has been quoted of saying `` that he doesn't want to get yelled at`` & `` he won't talk to anyone who has not had modapt training``. He sucks as bad our chairman!

You are 100% correct about management watching the work habits of workers under the radar until it is time to make head cuts. I have seen this happen over and over.

On the issue of the chairman going ``door to door`` to discuss the concessions, a friend of mine on the night shift informed me that NOBODY was on that shift to explain anything to them.

Our Work Standards Rep hardy ever comes out to the floor. He has been quoted of saying `` that he doesn't want to get yelled at`` & `` he won't talk to anyone who has not had modapt training``. He sucks as bad our chairman!

You are 100% correct about management watching the work habits of workers under the radar until it is time to make head cuts. I have seen this happen over and over.

On the issue of the chairman going ``door to door`` to discuss the concessions, a friend of mine on the night shift informed me that NOBODY was on that shift to explain anything to them.

must be a former rep or someone wanting to run for office. More political BS, elections aren't for another 2 years!

That is so true....we are out own worst enemy some times!