Status of New Order - 2010 Taurus SHO

Thanks. When I spoke to the dealer, they mentioned the status is "completed and released from plant". But no date for delivery yet.

Was not sure if updates were available through here. I noticed a couple of posts where Window Stickers were provided. Thanks again.

has it got a build date? if so its approx 2-3 weeks away...unless it is status 7 which means its been shipped...

has it got a build date? if so its approx 2-3 weeks away...unless it is status 7 which means its been shipped...

It was built on 10.20.09. The dealership mentioned that it could be delivered this week, but that has not changed since last week. They are built in Chicago so we are only 6 hours away.

It was built on 10.20.09. The dealership mentioned that it could be delivered this week, but that has not changed since last week. They are built in Chicago so we are only 6 hours away.

congrats...pretty awesome car...hard being patient when its right around the corner....

congrats...pretty awesome car...hard being patient when its right around the corner....

Tks. I know, could be much worse off. I just sold my speed6 on the 10th, so doing the car pooling thing. We got the cinnamon color - I've always had black, grey or silver. Thought I would try something different. Unfortunately, none of those were available so had to order.

I'm in the same boat. My SHO was reported as built and gate released for delivery on 10/12/09 but the delivery date is still "TBD". The sales manager at my dealer told me the Taurus he ordered for his granddad still showed a delivery date of "TBD" the day it arrived on the transport. He said the Taurus is the only vehicle where there's "issues" getting the shipping information; I don't know if it's the shipper or what. Everytime I call Ford's customer care number all they can tell me is that it's released for shipping. I only live about 3 hours from the plant and I could've drove up there and picked it up by now.

I'm in the same boat. My SHO was reported as built and gate released for delivery on 10/12/09 but the delivery date is still "TBD". The sales manager at my dealer told me the Taurus he ordered for his granddad still showed a delivery date of "TBD" the day it arrived on the transport. He said the Taurus is the only vehicle where there's "issues" getting the shipping information; I don't know if it's the shipper or what. Everytime I call Ford's customer care number all they can tell me is that it's released for shipping. I only live about 3 hours from the plant and I could've drove up there and picked it up by now.

BOTH of ours arrived with test mileage...one was at 160 miles....there "may" have been an issue, and thus initially they were slow in coming....so, my guess is they are fine combing them....

That is kind of what the dealer is telling me. He told me today he would "push it from the factory into a shipping lane". I have a feeling it will be delivered this week but who knows. I actually offered to drive to Chicago to go get it, but was told that was not an option. As of this afternoon, I am getting the same thing from customer service - Car was built last week - delivery date TBD.

That is kind of what the dealer is telling me. He told me today he would "push it from the factory into a shipping lane". I have a feeling it will be delivered this week but who knows. I actually offered to drive to Chicago to go get it, but was told that was not an option. As of this afternoon, I am getting the same thing from customer service - Car was built last week - delivery date TBD.

my gut feeling is they are batching and holding the vehicles to THOROUGHLY confirm an issue of some sort has been repaired....just a gut feeling.

my gut feeling is they are batching and holding the vehicles to THOROUGHLY confirm an issue of some sort has been repaired....just a gut feeling.

Have you heard of any intial problems? Not too many customer reviews so far.

The few SHOs actually at dealerships seemed to be all right.

Just called Ford Customer Care again and talked to an awersome guy named Rob. Apparently my car has been ready for ship since 10/9/09 and is still waiting on a shipper. The thing that was funny though is that, apparently at some point my car was going to ship by rail but then got pulled back and reassigned to a different shipper (probably truck transport) and is now just waiting for a truck heading my direction. I asked him about being held for a quality check or any problems and he said if that were the case he'd be able to see it as secondary notes. I feel better talking to him as he provided more info than I've received the previous times I've called. It looks to me like there may have been some confusion as to whether my car was going to go by rail or not.

Just called Ford Customer Care again and talked to an awersome guy named Rob. Apparently my car has been ready for ship since 10/9/09 and is still waiting on a shipper. The thing that was funny though is that, apparently at some point my car was going to ship by rail but then got pulled back and reassigned to a different shipper (probably truck transport) and is now just waiting for a truck heading my direction. I asked him about being held for a quality check or any problems and he said if that were the case he'd be able to see it as secondary notes. I feel better talking to him as he provided more info than I've received the previous times I've called. It looks to me like there may have been some confusion as to whether my car was going to go by rail or not.

Happy for both you guys....car really is a hoot, and VERY well screwed together....

If it's any consolation to either of you, I saw an SHO on a truck heading north on I-95 this morning.....unfortunately I'm in Fort Lauderdale, so it doesn't help you all any, but still, there it is....

sho.jpg

It had the split dual exhaust, SHO, and EcoBoost badges if you don't believe me from that picture....

Edited by rmc523

My 2010 Fusion was one in the first batch when they started building them early this year. It originally had a ship date, but then went to TBD. It was in this status up until it was delivered to the dealer. My car (and others) had been delayed for a month, in a batch hold, for quality control. I have heard Taurus has been slow ship because of quality control, so probably the same situation as the Fusion was.

If it's any consolation to either of you, I saw an SHO on a truck heading north on I-95 this morning.....unfortunately I'm in Fort Lauderdale, so it doesn't help you all any, but still, there it is....

sho.jpg

It had the split dual exhaust, SHO, and EcoBoost badges if you don't believe me from that picture....

Thanks. I am sure it will come its just frustrating not having a date. The old TBD just doesnt cut it. Like someone said, maybe it will show up at the dealer this week even though it says TBD on the delivery date.

My 2010 Fusion was one in the first batch when they started building them early this year. It originally had a ship date, but then went to TBD. It was in this status up until it was delivered to the dealer. My car (and others) had been delayed for a month, in a batch hold, for quality control. I have heard Taurus has been slow ship because of quality control, so probably the same situation as the Fusion was.

Curious - how long was it from order date to delivery? I am at 7 weeks.

You and I must've ordered our cars about the same time. I placed my order Aug 28th, had my VIN September 8th, was scheduled for build the week of Oct 5th then my build week was pushed to the 12th but car was finished the 9th. Been waiting since.

What color is yours? I ordered red although lately I've been leaning more towards steel blue. Oh well, too late now.

Well, my Fusion was a pre-order, months before production started. But if you look at the Produced date and the arrived date, it was almost 2 months to delivery. It was sitting in a staging yard for quality control. Needless to say I was pretty frustrated in the delay and voiced my opinion to Ford customer service. Guess that's what we get to be early adopters!

Ordered: 11/15/08

Production: Week of 2/16/09

Estimated Dealer ETA (before it went TBD): Week of 3/2/09

Bucked (on assembly line): 2/17/09

Produced (built awaiting transport): 2/19/09

Arrived: 4/2/09