Sterling Hts to lose product !

Ckr01

On Fox 2 Detroit news this morning, at 6:50 a.m., I heard that Ford was sending production from Sterling Hts to Germany due to the contract

being voted down. What kind of Bovine Scatology is this? :angry: The Union at Sterling asked International for another vote, for whatever good

that will do.....I guess when you own the ball and you get mad, you take it and go home and pout??? :rant:

Retiree, Local 900, 03-08

Someone at Sterling needs to tell Pannebacker that he can only vote for himself!!! If he doesnt go a day without his name in the paper he starts a petition!!! Quit acting like the peoples savior Pannebacker!!!!!! This company is ruthless and even if Sterling voted for it they would still opt for $14 an hour people to do the job!! Like Ford ever intended on honoring their commitments!!! Stop going to the scab paper with your union groveling they dont care about us!!! They print these stories with smiles on their faces!!! Fear mongering fuck!!! Let your leadership do their job and call Ford on their bullshit!!! :banghead:

Someone at Sterling needs to tell Pannebacker that he can only vote for himself!!! If he doesnt go a day without his name in the paper he starts a petition!!! Quit acting like the peoples savior Pannebacker!!!!!! This company is ruthless and even if Sterling voted for it they would still opt for $14 an hour people to do the job!! Like Ford ever intended on honoring their commitments!!! Stop going to the scab paper with your union groveling they dont care about us!!! They print these stories with smiles on their faces!!! Fear mongering fuck!!! Let your leadership do their job and call Ford on their bullshit!!! :banghead:

So,is the report on Fox correct or not? Will Sterling keep their product, or more misrepresented reporting as always on

Detroits great news stations ??????

It is my belief this is a false scare tactic.

Pannebaker and possibly some local leaders with contacts.

Isn't this the same Brian Pannebaker lowlife ignorant RACIST douche who a couple years ago was published in the MACOMB DAILY spreading his twisted sick views?

And you want us to follow you Brian?

Bi*ch please!

Fuc*ing George Bush loving, right wing pos!

I know a little about the process, in awarding a parts contract to an outside vendor over an in house manufacturing source. One, for a major part like a power takeoff unit or a rear differential, etc, the suppliers engineers were involved in the parts design, at least on a consulting basis, toward the end of the design process. Two, to be considered for quoting the part, they had to make prototype parts and then Ford would have had to take the time to test them. These are parts that would have serious warranty cost implications, even recall cost implications, if they aren't designed and made correctly. They don't just award the work to anyone, in house or outside supplier, on a fucking whim. Those test on drive train components takes MONTHS. Three, then the actually bidding process takes at least a month. Supplier has to workup actual manufacturing costs, including tooling, and they need time to get bids on the tooling from their own outside sources. That takes time.

That said, I've seen Ford string an outside vendor along for over a year, even have the vendor do some of the engineering work, then turn around and send the work in house to be manufactured. Trust me, they have no compulsion against using a supplier that way. But they absolutely will make contingency plans, especially near the time of a contract negotiation. That means this was in process for MONTHS, before they even started talking about reopening the contract.

In my opinion I belive that our rights under the NLRA have just been violated....

This type of retaliation and scare tatic before the vote is finished is clearly an unfair labor practice...

Our president Jeff Terry should file a complaint with the NLRB today....

Do I think this is anything more than a scare tatic????

No....

I would encourage all locals who are currently voting, or about to vote, to stand together and with one loud voice let everyone know that enough is enough and this latest concession is unacceptable....

Vote NO....

Don't be afraid to stand together and fight....

Local 228 isn't....

Solidarity

In my opinion I belive that our rights under the NLRA have just been violated....

This type of retaliation and scare tatic before the vote is finished is clearly an unfair labor practice...

Our president Jeff Terry should file a complaint with the NLRB today....

Do I think this is anything more than a scare tatic????

No....

I would encourage all locals who are currently voting, or about to vote, to stand together and with one loud voice let everyone know that enough is enough and this latest concession is unacceptable....

Vote NO....

Don't be afraid to stand together and fight....

Local 228 isn't....

Solidarity

Did Ford make a statement yet? If they did I would agree. I call the number STU provided and they are basically saying NO Comment!

Did Ford make a statement yet? If they did I would agree. I call the number STU provided and they are basically saying NO Comment!

again, they pay this guy who says "no comment" over 6 figures a year. Why not save money by cutting his salary. Suspicious as it may be he used to be a Detroit News Reporter for the autos and I might add not always in favor of the U.A.W. membership at all. Hmm you know what direction I'm going with this. "Ford hires the guy from news as PR, he gives his old co-worker a little story and on and on

It is my belief this is a false scare tactic.

Pannebaker and possibly some local leaders with contacts.

Isn't this the same Brian Pannebaker lowlife ignorant RACIST douche who a couple years ago was published in the MACOMB DAILY spreading his twisted sick views?

And you want us to follow you Brian?

Bi*ch please!

Fuc*ing George Bush loving, right wing pos!

Does this guy work in 16 on the welders? Always wearing a McCain shirt?