New Police Interceptor

crownvicsparky

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2009/11/ford-...new-police.html

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FoXyvaPSnVk/Sv3j...eptor-Car-0.jpg

IF this is fact.... then someone has some splaing to do LUCY!!!

This car was well known to be based off the Aus's falcon platform for a new GRWD platform. Wards Auto had St Thomas picked for this platform until Ford claimed to have canceled it. I knew Ford was full of it when they said they were cancelling it. If this is all true ....Talk about another blow to St Thomas. I would love to see our membership deal with this and not just give up. Jobs like this are hard now and I believe even harder to find in the years to come. We need to maintain work any way we can.

I feel betrayed by the Ford Motor Co. as I am sure many others do as well. What happened to the days where good work was rewarded not taken advantage of. SAD :(

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2009/11/ford-...new-police.html

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FoXyvaPSnVk/Sv3j...eptor-Car-0.jpg

IF this is fact.... then someone has some splaing to do LUCY!!!

This car was well known to be based off the Aus's falcon platform for a new GRWD platform. Wards Auto had St Thomas picked for this platform until Ford claimed to have canceled it. I knew Ford was full of it when they said they were cancelling it. If this is all true ....Talk about another blow to St Thomas. I would love to see our membership deal with this and not just give up. Jobs like this are hard now and I believe even harder to find in the years to come. We need to maintain work any way we can.

I feel betrayed by the Ford Motor Co. as I am sure many others do as well. What happened to the days where good work was rewarded not taken advantage of. SAD :(

looks like a taurus with different griile!

1231786457_2010_Ford_Taurus_1.jpg

Why? It's the CAW who bargained you out of a job. Everyone and their grandmother knows Ford wanted to keep STAP alive, but the CAW wouldn't allow it. First it was convincing Ford to divert retooling funds to Oakville, then it was their unwillingness to accept two tier.

Ford didn't betray you, your union did.

Why? It's the CAW who bargained you out of a job. Everyone and their grandmother knows Ford wanted to keep STAP alive, but the CAW wouldn't allow it. First it was convincing Ford to divert retooling funds to Oakville, then it was their unwillingness to accept two tier.

BULLSHIT!

Are you working in LR? You sound that stupid

Are you working in LR? You sound that stupid

He sounds that way with everything he types.

Yeah....Ford totally wanted to keep STAP open running on one shift until the CAW said no. It totally makes sense for an American company like Ford to whittle their number of assembly plants in North America down to no more than 8 total and have 2 of them be in Canada when they have numerous under capacity plants in the system that are far more up to date than STAP.

He sounds that way with everything he types.

Yeah....Ford totally wanted to keep STAP open running on one shift until the CAW said no. It totally makes sense for an American company like Ford to whittle their number of assembly plants in North America down to no more than 8 total and have 2 of them be in Canada when they have numerous under capacity plants in the system that are far more up to date than STAP.

You don't know so why all the B.S

Two tier would have enabled Ford to bring STAP back to two shifts. Also, if the investment planned for a number of years ago went through, it would have never gone to one shift. As far as the tooling goes, while there is some old equipment in there, it is contained to the body shop. Tooling is easy to replace (unbolt it from one location, move it to another). Location, productivity, profitability, skilled work force, and land aren't. All those STAP has going for it.

BTW, Ford isn't an "American company"; they are a Global one. Try and see the big picture please.

You don't know so why all the B.S

That's your response?

Tell me why you think it's bullshit. Tell me why you think it isn't possible. I don't care if you are factually wrong, just give me one reason why you think I am incorrect. It is embarrassing that the only thing you can come up with is "bullshit".

That's your response?

Tell me why you think it's bullshit. Tell me why you think it isn't possible. I don't care if you are factually wrong, just give me one reason why you think I am incorrect. It is embarrassing that the only thing you can come up with is "bullshit".

Why not? It works for everyone else on BON! :happy feet:

There is only one reason that STAP is closing.

It is because of the stupidity of one guy...

His name is Cocheese (see link for definition.)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cocheese

Everyone and their grandmother knows that with stupid employees like this it no wonder that Ford is pulling the plug.

Two tier would have enabled Ford to bring STAP back to two shifts. Also, if the investment planned for a number of years ago went through, it would have never gone to one shift. As far as the tooling goes, while there is some old equipment in there, it is contained to the body shop. Tooling is easy to replace (unbolt it from one location, move it to another). Location, productivity, profitability, skilled work force, and land aren't. All those STAP has going for it.

BTW, Ford isn't an "American company"; they are a Global one. Try and see the big picture please.

That's your response?

Come on guy's, you really don't think the Union would do this , they had the company's gun to there head and I think that Ken Lewenza would have did everything in his power to keep these jobs here.

Some of us are are pretty angry and sometimes we say shit that you don't really mean, come on , do you really think this is CAW's fault , the company sign's your pay cheque not the CAW.

They closed us down!

We were never promised a job for life, hopefully we have till 3rd quarter 2011, so this gives us time to get our shit in order.

Good luck to all.

Edited by stap2005

Come on guy's, you really don't think the Union would do this , they had the company's gun to there head and I think that Ken Lewenza would have did everything in his power to keep these jobs here.

Yep....blame the union for it all since to some it's not the CAW's aim to keep membership numbers as high as they can. One minute these guys complain about how spineless and powerless the union is and the next minute they insinuate that the union can tell Ford how they're going to dole out product allocation if only they would put their foot down.

......do you really think this is CAW's fault , the company sign's your pay cheque not the CAW.

Some have nothing better to do than to point their whiney finger of blame. I guess the rest of us missed the fine print where the union promised to keep it's members employed no matter how the world turns. The sense of entitlement people like Cocheese have is laughable on one end and insulting on the other. Yes it sucks many people are losing their jobs here but on the other hand many of these people earned a shit load of money over the years, essentially now have close to two years to figure out their next direction in life and will be getting a substantial golden ticket when it ends. A good portion of the rest of the working / non-working population would give their left nut to be in such a "lousy" position.

Edited by WTF????

The sense of entitlement people like Cocheese have is laughable on one end and insulting on the other.

You're using me as an example of entitlement?

Why, because I assumed the CAW, the business who takes $80 a month from me under the guise that they are there to protect my job, failed to do so?

I'm truly sorry you can't deal with the fact your union sold you out. But the facts are the facts.

I guess you could also look at it that FORD gave the wages and bennies and they didn't need the CAW. You can't give credit to the CAW for all the good and say they forced FORD and then say its Fords fault for the bad and hide behind, "we will live to fight another day". Ford is in total control and more so then ever. I hope you never lose your good paying job cause my guess is you would be pointing also. How about this... since the CAW has excepted the closing of STAP lets not charge union dues to these people or give them a union bonus for their years of support. Don't think thats gonna happen though. Sorry you are losing your job but we still need to get our money to represent you till you get kicked out. Let these people vent and shut the F*#k up and be glad you are not in their shoes. Good God this area has been hit hard and there is little to fall back on. I believe its called EMPATHY wtf.

I guess you could also look at it that FORD gave the wages and bennies and they didn't need the CAW. You can't give credit to the CAW for all the good and say they forced FORD and then say its Fords fault for the bad and hide behind, "we will live to fight another day". Ford is in total control and more so then ever. I hope you never lose your good paying job cause my guess is you would be pointing also. How about this... since the CAW has excepted the closing of STAP lets not charge union dues to these people or give them a union bonus for their years of support. Don't think thats gonna happen though. Sorry you are losing your job but we still need to get our money to represent you till you get kicked out. Let these people vent and shut the F*#k up and be glad you are not in their shoes. Good God this area has been hit hard and there is little to fall back on. I believe its called EMPATHY wtf.

Nice post Allford1 people should be able to voice their opinion. Just because they are showing a little animosity towards the union they are labled union bashers.....give me a break! I have been at STAP for 17 years and the CAW was strong but now they fold at the drop of a hat. If there was an issue with a plant supervisor the committee man would be in their face so fuckin fast they didn't know what was coming today they reason with the supervisor and usually the union comes to the conclusion the employee was wrong and sides with the company. Years ago if a plant was closing the doors would be chained shut or there would be a strike, not today, the union comes crawling on their knees (according to Ken) and asks the company where they can kiss their ass totally gutless. It seems that the union is more for then the company then the average employee. Shit I wouldn't put it past the union to take a bribe from the company just to get a contract through. If these people that are so PRO-UNION don't like people voicing their opinion about the union than stay the fuck off the site. At least the UAW stuck together and said enough of this shit... at least they have balls. The new CV police intercepter isn't being launched until 2011 you really think that the ball wasn't in our court if we said No! Like fuck, there were orders do you think Ford would have just walked away from the market or could have moved the entire panther platform overnight? If it went back to Wixom they would have had to re-train an entire workforce then get the launch off within weeks to fill the orders, face it our union totally let us down. Now it is going to be built in the States the UAW thinks the CAW are a bunch of pussies, can you really blame them!!!!

Nice post Allford1 people should be able to voice their opinion. Just because they are showing a little animosity towards the union they are labled union bashers.....give me a break! I have been at STAP for 17 years and the CAW was strong but now they fold at the drop of a hat. If there was an issue with a plant supervisor the committee man would be in their face so fuckin fast they didn't know what was coming today they reason with the supervisor and usually the union comes to the conclusion the employee was wrong and sides with the company. Years ago if a plant was closing the doors would be chained shut or there would be a strike, not today, the union comes crawling on their knees (according to Ken) and asks the company where they can kiss their ass totally gutless. It seems that the union is more for then the company then the average employee. Shit I wouldn't put it past the union to take a bribe from the company just to get a contract through. If these people that are so PRO-UNION don't like people voicing their opinion about the union than stay the fuck off the site. At least the UAW stuck together and said enough of this shit... at least they have balls. The new CV police intercepter isn't being launched until 2011 you really think that the ball wasn't in our court if we said No! Like fuck, there were orders do you think Ford would have just walked away from the market or could have moved the entire panther platform overnight? If it went back to Wixom they would have had to re-train an entire workforce then get the launch off within weeks to fill the orders, face it our union totally let us down. Now it is going to be built in the States the UAW thinks the CAW are a bunch of pussies, can you really blame them!!!!

I mostly agree with you but we were not in a position to strike for a new model, it would have been a wildcat and Ford could have obtained a court ordered injunction within 48 hrs. Huge fines would have followed and possibly Ford would have just closed us early and stepped up the launch of the new interceptor and by spring of 2010 we would be forgotten about. We missed our chance a few years back, water under the bridge now. If anyone insists on blaming the union perhaps they should look back at the leadership of Buzz and Whitey. Ken and Scott are dealing with a situation that should have been resolved years ago, I think it is much too late now to expect a new interceptor at STAP. Are we a bunch of pussies? Yea, I kind of think we are, we were too complacent for too many years and the time for action just passed us by while we waited for the union leadership to save us. In the end we are just as much to blame as anyone. :(

I mostly agree with you but we were not in a position to strike for a new model, it would have been a wildcat and Ford could have obtained a court ordered injunction within 48 hrs. Huge fines would have followed and possibly Ford would have just closed us early and stepped up the launch of the new interceptor and by spring of 2010 we would be forgotten about. We missed our chance a few years back, water under the bridge now. If anyone insists on blaming the union perhaps they should look back at the leadership of Buzz and Whitey. Ken and Scott are dealing with a situation that should have been resolved years ago, I think it is much too late now to expect a new interceptor at STAP. Are we a bunch of pussies? Yea, I kind of think we are, we were too complacent for too many years and the time for action just passed us by while we waited for the union leadership to save us. In the end we are just as much to blame as anyone. :(

Until the CAW changes it will continue to be decimated. The CAW national, and to an extent the locals, have become complacent and rather predictable. The union is now run more like a business than a trade union. For example the national seems to be more concerned with diversification and income. What I'm getting at is CAW went from wild to mild. Just a thought but, did the union itself buy into neo-liberalism?

Until the CAW changes it will continue to be decimated. The CAW national, and to an extent the locals, have become complacent and rather predictable. The union is now run more like a business than a trade union. For example the national seems to be more concerned with diversification and income. What I'm getting at is CAW went from wild to mild. Just a thought but, did the union itself buy into neo-liberalism?

There is much truth in what you say but again I have to point out that the us joe's on the floor been too comfortable with the good fortune we enjoyed for many years and have also grown complacent. :(