Retraining Postings

Ford Worker 1994

Have any trades people, who are either on ILO or went back to production, see the new retraining posting ??? The posting is for Stationary Steam Engineer and Refrigderation !!!! The problem with the posting is that there is no location and how many are needed !!! Now someone from the company side has to know where and how many are needed. :shades: The posting does state that you may require to relocate !!! :redcard: If anyone has any info, it would be appreciated to post on here !!!

Have any trades people, who are either on ILO or went back to production, see the new retraining posting ??? The posting is for Stationary Steam Engineer and Refrigderation !!!! The problem with the posting is that there is no location and how many are needed !!! Now someone from the company side has to know where and how many are needed. :shades: The posting does state that you may require to relocate !!! :redcard: If anyone has any info, it would be appreciated to post on here !!!

they need 2 SSE's at KCAP. I don't know about REFRIDGEERATION.

they need 2 SSE's at KCAP. I don't know about REFRIDGEERATION.

retrain postings will go up at locations with the need first, if they have excess trades or trades in production, then it will be posted in zone for other plants. Sterling, Romeo, Dearborn, Rawsonville OHAP and KCAP has a posting. I thought I heard that there was one more, Maybe Louisville??? not sure on that! I was told that the postings would go to the plant of need (if they have ILO/trades working production) 1st, then it would be posted in zone to those plants with trades on ILO or working production. Hope this helps.

Edited by Captain723

Been on layoff the last 3 weeks and this is the 1st I have seen or heard anything.

If new DOE is required, then I would assume you will continue to carry your senority as your ILO trade.

Seems fair I think.

Will be new DOE and you will not carry your original trade seniority. If you get laid off in the new trade, then you could bump to you original trade if you have seniority with original DOE!

Will be new DOE and you will not carry your original trade seniority. If you get laid off in the new trade, then you could bump to you original trade if you have seniority with original DOE!

Huh?

1) Would you be denied filling a opening in your original trade at any time while retraining?

2) Would new DOE for "NEW" trade coexist with original trade DOE?

3) Would new DOE only apply to new trade to restrict retrained trades persons from employing older trade DOE (which may be 10-15 years or more) against trades persons within new trade with lesser DOE in that trade?

4) I have not seen this opportunity posted at my plant. What is the time frame for sign up?

5) Do you have reliable information on the process? Are you expressing your concept of how this will be deployed or are you talking about insight you have from reliable sources or documents? (I don't mean to impune your reputation, I just wanted to know if there are documents out there or are we only discussing speculation.)

If you can bump back into your original trade if your layed off from new trade why cant all us trade people who are working production bump back to their trade now? I know for a fact that most of the trade people working production now have more seniority than the people who are working in our trade as of right now.

If you can bump back into your original trade if your layed off from new trade why cant all us trade people who are working production bump back to their trade now? I know for a fact that most of the trade people working production now have more seniority than the people who are working in our trade as of right now.

How were you placed on ILO and placed into production if you are more senior than the trades persons in your classification that are still working?

Trades working production ONLY happens when placed on ILO.

ILO should be offered highest seniority to lowest, then FORCED lowest to highest. The only scenario I see where high seniority would be on ILO before lower seniority, in the same trade, is if high seniority CHOSE to take ILO. (But why would they?)

How were you placed on ILO and placed into production if you are more senior than the trades persons in your classification that are still working?

Trades working production ONLY happens when placed on ILO.

ILO should be offered highest seniority to lowest, then FORCED lowest to highest. The only scenario I see where high seniority would be on ILO before lower seniority, in the same trade, is if high seniority CHOSE to take ILO. (But why would they?)

It happens all the time. You take a production job at another plant, and the trades people there have plant time over you.

It happens all the time. You take a production job at another plant, and the trades people there have plant time over you.

I'm sorry. I don't follow you. Please specify the circumstances you are talking about.

You said, "You take a production job at another plant"...which implies that you were being placed in ILO or faced with ILO if you didn't take a production opportunity.

How can you be forced to take a production job if you are skilled trades?

Are you saying,

i) You are low seniority in your plant and there is a reduction in force for your classification?

ii)You are offered the choice to take the ILO and burn your SUB and TAP weeks or transfer to production?

iii) No production opportunities are available at your plant, but in-zone or out-of-zone plant have openings you would be placed into?

iv) You should be able to BUMP in-zone to avoid ILO before being forced out-of-zone (I'm not sure about this, I may be mistaken in the implementation of the out-of-zone forced transfer scenario)?

v) Didn't you sign a document declaring your choice?

Edited by FiredMotorCompany

I'm sorry. I don't follow you. Please specify the circumstances you are talking about.

You said, "You take a production job at another plant"...which implies that you were being placed in ILO or faced with ILO if you didn't take a production opportunity.

How can you be forced to take a production job if you are skilled trades?

Are you saying,

i) You are low seniority in your plant and there is a reduction in force for your classification?

ii)You are offered the choice to take the ILO and burn your SUB and TAP weeks or transfer to production?

iii) No production opportunities are available at your plant, but in-zone or out-of-zone plant have openings you would be placed into?

iv) You should be able to BUMP in-zone to avoid ILO before being forced out-of-zone (I'm not sure about this, I may be mistaken in the implementation of the out-of-zone forced transfer scenario)?

v) Didn't you sign a document declaring your choice?

They where not forced to production, they went to production because they where running out of sub. They went to different plant as temp production.

They where not forced to production, they went to production because they where running out of sub. They went to different plant as temp production.

Hmmmmm?

I thought if you went ILO to the street, trades could not use SUB then come back to production.

That's what I was told by HR.

Edited by FiredMotorCompany

the ypsi plant was closed so we( mostly tool & die makers) were forced into ilo. In august we recieved phone call (survey) to see if we would work production as a temp. With sub running out that became a no brain decision.

Oh, I see. More complicated than I understood.

I hope things turn around for the better for you soon.

Hmmmmm?

I thought if you went ILO to the street, trades could not use SUB then come back to production.

That's what I was told by HR.

If a trades person is going to another plant to be placed on production to avoid TLO/ILO he/she is probably returning to basic unit. Just because one might be at the Rouge as a tradesperson, does not mean that he/she started out production there. However, if the production was St. Louis, then I'm sure where there is an opening for production.