Charlotte Auto Show

I went to auto show today. I have to say that Ford had a nice setup. They had the Explorer America. Its cool in person. Lots of people in and out of all the cars. The Taurus stayed full. Ford was one of the best and busiest manufacturer. Ofcourse the super high end stuff was getting attention, Aston, Porchse, Maserati, etc.. Chevy only had some excitment around the ZR-1 and Camaro all other cars were dead. Ford gave away Fusion Hybrid t-shirts. They had some cool hands on displays with a nav unit and some cut-away turbos.

Side note..... I went to autobell today to get the MMH washed, and some douche of a guy was behind me in a Toyo Verenza. He was just talking about how great the car was yada, yada. Anyway when they guy was wiping it dry the mirror cover fell off. It was priceless. He had just mentioned how good the fit and finish was and not 2 mins later a autobell employee was putting the mirror cover back on. I know it could have happened to any make, but it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

I think Ford is on the right track... Keep it up

It was at the Convention center. Its been at the convention center for a while.

I left for college in 1987, and for good in 1992. That didn't exist back then. Back when I went, I think it was at the Merchandise Mart (close to what used to be the Charlotte Coliseum on Independence Blvd).

I went today. I took about 200 photos. Mainly of the Audi R8 there lol. Ford had a nice setup but I didn't see any Fiestas! Chevy, Hyundai, Toyota, and Honda had boring displays I didn't even bother to take any photos of Toyota since it was beige central. I'll post some up soon.

But honestly, Charlotte auto show is a joke since it's at the end of the year and half the cars are already available at dealers.

I went today. I took about 200 photos. Mainly of the Audi R8 there lol. Ford had a nice setup but I didn't see any Fiestas! Chevy, Hyundai, Toyota, and Honda had boring displays I didn't even bother to take any photos of Toyota since it was beige central. I'll post some up soon.

But honestly, Charlotte auto show is a joke since it's at the end of the year and half the cars are already available at dealers.

A co-worker of mine went Sunday. He said that Ford had the Fiesta movement outside Sunday. He got to drive one. I think he said they had 5 of them. I wish I went sunday. I went Saturday night.

A co-worker of mine went Sunday. He said that Ford had the Fiesta movement outside Sunday. He got to drive one. I think he said they had 5 of them. I wish I went sunday. I went Saturday night.

I went to the same show on Friday. The Fiesta Movement was there and we got to drive the new 2011 Fiesta! Great little car... Feels and handles similar to a VW GTI. The cars were from Germany though and I'll bet they will be made to handle floppy by the time they are sold in the US.

Ford had a great display but should have had the Taurus out front, not off to the back left side. This year the show featured many classic cars and I salivated over two flawless Thunderbirds, a gray 1956 and a turquoise blue 1955.

I was impressed with the visual presence of the new Buick LaCrosse being displayed across from BMW's. It makes a Lucerne look 20 years old. Enjoyed looking at the new Camaro though the interior is ugly. No one was looking at any other Chevy's either and I can see why... Boring and unexciting cars, many of them outdated now. The Taurus was great and one of my favorites of the show. I drooled over a Grabber Blue Mustang. I was also shocked how nice some of the new Kias are. Everything else bored me to death.

Edited by StangBang

I went to the same show on Friday. The Fiesta Movement was there and we got to drive the new 2011 Fiesta! Great little car... Feels and handles similar to a VW GTI. The cars were from Germany though and I'll bet they will be made to handle floppy by the time they are sold in the US.

Ford had a great display but should have had the Taurus out front, not off to the back left side. This year the show featured many classic cars and I salivated over two flawless Thunderbirds, a gray 1956 and a turquoise blue 1955.

I was impressed with the visual presence of the new Buick LaCrosse being displayed across from BMW's. It makes a Lucerne look 20 years old. Enjoyed looking at the new Camaro though the interior is ugly. No one was looking at any other Chevy's either and I can see why... Boring and unexciting cars, many of them outdated now. The Taurus was great and one of my favorites of the show. I drooled over a Grabber Blue Mustang. I was also shocked how nice some of the new Kias are. Everything else bored me to death.

I agree with most everything you said, except the floppy handling Fiesta part. It shouldn't lose anything in that department.

The Fiesta Movement was there and we got to drive the new 2011 Fiesta! Great little car... Feels and handles similar to a VW GTI. The cars were from Germany though and I'll bet they will be made to handle floppy by the time they are sold in the US.

So you drove the Euro ones, not the US version right?